PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Win the middle and Chez/Foz outplay Foggarty/Ash Traylor, which is entirely possible, we are in with a chance. If they get too much possession in our 20, their edge forwards and outside backs will rip us a new one. Either way as long as Tommy doesn't get injured I'll be happy.
How should it even be a contest with our halves v theirs, seriously! Fogarty and Taylor never played a finals game between em, ours have won GFs and played in multiple. I rewatched the Kayo mini from last year. Big score but most Tge Titans tries were hammy rubbish and 2 were Tommy stuff ups. Our line up That day was junk and no afb either. I think we’ll go alright this week. Tell you what I’ve watched a few games frm the back end of last year in the minis and we weren’t far away in plenty of games last year. Harper had sone good moments v Titans, tigers and dogs. I also didn’t realize how much of a weapon Paseka was either. He was rivaling afb at the back end of last year. And I’d almost argue he offers more as a front row forward. Breaks the line, runs into holes, good post contact meters. At least twice on Friday we would of scored off him had turbo been out there and on his hip. I’d actually be interested to see how Taniela goes on the edge marking fafita.

The Titans middle is pretty bloody handy. Tino and Wallace with MoFo and Lisone off bench. There are some decent units there with some offloading ability. If the key is matching them in the middle we will need to play well.

Big ask for Oloakau - atu to come straight into the starting side and an edge with injury recovery and not a lot of footy this season but maybe not a lot of options . Not doubting his capacity to do well , just if he would be totally prepared but in the 17 at least . Could always put Alioia there in the short term as an edge and even could consider Paseka [ even though that would diminish the go forward a bit ] but again ideally Oloakau - atu will be ready for that edge role to replace Jet Ski . Defence has to be the key , not the most potent attacking side but Warriors still had some pretty handy players to trouble Manly and for the most part they did aim up . In every match so far this season . Manly 's props have provided the go forward to put them on the front foot , just the attack and shape after that still a bit lacking ., and again if their defence is not in order , really can not be too competitive , even against the mid range sides . At least they were able to hang in there against the Warriors , gain a bit of vital self belief that they can actually win games again and very hopefully the return of Tom can lift them further and help with even more improvement .
No middle men have run over a 100 m this year

It shows how much difference Turbo and Manase would make to this side, especially with the new rules. It also highlights how important Chez will be going forward once we get these guys back. Chez was everywhere supporting and that 3 man combo is 2nd to none when all on the field!
Yep I’m sure your right, we have 2 out there now, what do you think we should do while we wait for Manase? or Lawton
Surely we cannot stay with Croker at 9 while we wait, it’s killing our go forward, our attack and our speed with the ball, i don’t want to bash Croker, because I think he gives what he can, but we can’t expect much improvement if any while our service out of dummy half remains the same. We can and should be looking for improvement, I believe we should be experimenting with chez there, he should improve our game the most and play cust back at 7, anyway I’d be interested to know if you think sticking with our 9 is right or wrong and why.

Yep I’m sure your right, we have 2 out there now, what do you think we should do while we wait for Manase? or Lawton
Surely we cannot stay with Croker at 9 while we wait, it’s killing our go forward, our attack and our speed with the ball, i don’t want to bash Croker, because I think he gives what he can, but we can’t expect much improvement if any while our service out of dummy half remains the same. We can and should be looking for improvement, I believe we should be experimenting with chez there, he should improve our game the most and play cust back at 7, anyway I’d be interested to know if you think sticking with our 9 is right or wrong and why.
There was reports saying that Lawton could be available in only a few weeks. If that's the case I'd probably leave it as is. I'm still happy to use Croker but again he should only be used for a 15 minute stint to give Cust a break. Maybe if Croker knew he only had 15 minutes he might actually have a few scoots... maybe!

There was reports saying that Lawton could be available in only a few weeks. If that's the case I'd probably leave it as is. I'm still happy to use Croker but again he should only be used for a 15 minute stint to give Cust a break. Maybe if Croker knew he only had 15 minutes he might actually have a few scoots... maybe!
Well let’s hope we get a recognised 9 back soon, i don’t know much about Lawton, so I’m keen to see how he goes, i think we all agree 9 is close too if not the most important role in the game now, it maybe fair to argue that 1 shares the same importance, anyway I agree and would also like to see cust in the 9 as first choice and use Croker to spell him.
Was interesting to hear one comment Gus made last night, he was talking about 80 min players and I have always rated the 80 min players, funny enough he said that even every man on the bench should be able to play 80 or what’s the point in them being there, that’s looking at the game with absolute professionalism, when building a side or signing players, why would you sign a guy who can’t play out a strong 80? Doesn’t mean they have to play 80 every week, but important that they can. (Engine room rotation aside) but even so there are a few 80 min ones out there, how good for the sides that have them.

Yes many are forgetting that , he’s played what , 5 games !!!
Yep and there is potential there, worth sticking with, has speed that we desperately need, scored his first try with it, which will have done his confidence the world of good on top of our win, timing aside, his out jumped nearly every one his competed against, and on Friday I think he may have been told to apply the tap back if the ball was not placed in goal, as that’s what he did, there was no attempt to catch, I’d say under instructions and he made a solid one on one ball and all tackle on Fusitua that had to be made, there is still a long way to go and plenty of things to work on, but if his given a fair go and some help I‘m happy to see him given a fair chance and with a bit of hard work keep developing his game and hopefully we will get some good service from him moving forward especially when Tom puts him in some space.

How should it even be a contest with our halves v theirs, seriously! Fogarty and Taylor never played a finals game between em, ours have won GFs and played in multiple. I rewatched the Kayo mini from last year. Big score but most Tge Titans tries were hammy rubbish and 2 were Tommy stuff ups. Our line up That day was junk and no afb either. I think we’ll go alright this week. Tell you what I’ve watched a few games frm the back end of last year in the minis and we weren’t far away in plenty of games last year. Harper had sone good moments v Titans, tigers and dogs. I also didn’t realize how much of a weapon Paseka was either. He was rivaling afb at the back end of last year. And I’d almost argue he offers more as a front row forward. Breaks the line, runs into holes, good post contact meters. At least twice on Friday we would of scored off him had turbo been out there and on his hip. I’d actually be interested to see how Taniela goes on the edge marking fafita.
I’d have Fogarty every day of the week over Foran. He’s twice as quick and tough as nails.Foran was a great player but he’s totally busted.I don’t know how he gets himself out there to be honest. Very brave dude.

Jamal does all the little things right. Him being given the confidence by the coach in the middle of the year that he’s the man and then promoted to captain has seen the Titans win nine from 11. They look a well organised side now. Unlike us.
, which is one of the main reasons we have won two games in 15.

Tommy puts us in with a chance in any game against mid to lower tier teams so we are in the hunt next week for sure but if we are honest with ourselves our halves have been dead set ordinary, Hardly set up a point.
Both tries from kicks last week with one of those being a total fluke as it was a terrible kick.The one mitigating factor is they have bog ordinary players outside them. Parker has 15 tries in 70 games and Suli worse. But in any case we always just look frantic and that’s down to DCE, not the slow coaches outside him.Can Tommy change that. I hope so.Agsinst half the comp he can be the difference , no doubt at all, and thst can lift everyone else.

Until the halves start pulling their weight ( and with FOz s body it’s hard for him ) we are always going to be in strife against quality opposition.

Last edited:
I’d have Fogarty every day of the week over Foran. He’s twice as quick and tough as nails.Foran was a great player but he’s totally busted.I don’t know how he gets himself out there to be honest. Very brave dude.

Jamal does all the little things right. Him being given the confidence by the coach in the middle of the year that he’s the man and then promoted to captain has seen the Titans win nine from 11. They look a well organised side now. Unlike us.
, which is one of the main reasons we have won two games in 15.

Tommy puts us in with a chance in any game against mid to lower tier teams so we are in the hunt next week for sure but if we are honest with ourselves our halves have been dead set ordinary, Hardly set up a point.
Both tries from kicks last week with one of those being a total fluke as it was a terrible kick.The one mitigating factor is they have bog ordinary players outside them. Parker has 15 tries in 70 games and Suli worse. But in any case we always just look frantic and that’s down to DCE, not the slow coaches outside him.Can Tommy change that. I hope so.Agsinst half the comp he can be the difference , no doubt at all, and thst can lift everyone else.

Until the halves start pulling their weight ( and with FOz s body it’s hard for him ) we are always going to be in strife against quality opposition.
So why isn't Schu at 5/8th and Foz at #14. Why didn't we have Walker and Harper at centers and Funa at fullback. Why wasn't Olakuatu in the 17 to start and Cust at #9 with Croker out or benched at best to start the year. All clearly better options to even us dumb schmucks before round 1.

So why isn't Schu at 5/8th and Foz at #14. Why didn't we have Walker and Harper at centers and Funa at fullback. Why wasn't Olakuatu in the 17 to start and Cust at #9 with Croker out or benched at best to start the year. All clearly better options to even us dumb schmucks before round 1.
Ours is not to reason why, ours is to drink beer and eat a pie

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10