PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
100% agree. Schuster instead of Parker if Davey wasn't injured
Honestly I’ve seen nothing from Foran so far to validate him being picked over Schuster. I’d rather leave Parker in the centres when Siro comes back and put Schu straight to 6. Always been a Foz fan but his age and injuries have caught up with him. I’d perhaps carry him as a utility at 14 if we were to start Cust at 9. His value from now must be as a mentor/assistant player/coach. I’d hate to see either Guac or Schu drop out when siro comes back, but I think it’s likely.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What better way for Guac to show everyone what he's capable of. A huge assignment against Fifita with very little FG game time, but if he is fired up and focused, and can match it with Fifita, shut him down and belt him in D, and be damaging with ball in hand - this game could solidify him as a future star - one we all know as supporters he is capable of being. Interestingly, he actually dwarfs Fifita in height and weight. He's naturally aggressive, and very mobile.

I also think other key match ups will Harper v Kelly, as well as our premier middle forward Paseka, against Tino. If these 3 players can outplay their opposites, manly win
Fair point mate - that's a different angle but if he does contain Fifita - what a Massive scalp and would confirm he may have played his last game in reserve grade !!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
To quote Han Solo in the original Star Wars, 'I've got a bad feeling about this', referring to the Titans match. Manly just got over the line against a weakened Warriors. Even with Turbo back, I've got a feeling it wont be pretty for the Sea Eagle supporters.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I agree. Fifita has been known to clock off. The question is, can Gauc put in for the whole 80? Will be very interesting to see
You are right . Fifita like most players do clock off

It is all about Des clocking on All our players on and putting in a resilient effort for 80 minutes each week

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Fifita:
186cm
107kg

Gauc:
196cm
113kg

nrl.com player profiles

733523-d4a06a28-cdcb-11e4-a028-65bfa3bc1db2.jpg

Size is one thing but it's how you use it too. I'm hoping Haumole makes an impact this weekend but i hope we all cut him a bit of slack coming off a nasty looking injury to mark up against not only a rep fwd but probably the most damaging ball runner in the game atm. It will be a good challenge for our whole team this weekend as the Titans are playing with purpose so far this season.

Having Tom back is a huge plus, given he hasn't played much might be down on fitness but will make the attack more fluid. There were a few times Walker didn't run the right line where DCE was expecting him to be which lead to a pass to no one or a quick on the run change to no option where he was tackled.

Expecting an improvement this weekend but not a miraculous turnaround.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
View attachment 17728

Size is one thing but it's how you use it too. I'm hoping Haumole makes an impact this weekend but i hope we all cut him a bit of slack coming off a nasty looking injury to mark up against not only a rep fwd but probably the most damaging ball runner in the game atm. It will be a good challenge for our whole team this weekend as the Titans are playing with purpose so far this season.

Having Tom back is a huge plus, given he hasn't played much might be down on fitness but will make the attack more fluid. There were a few times Walker didn't run the right line where DCE was expecting him to be which lead to a pass to no one or a quick on the run change to no option where he was tackled.

What an inspirational player Toovey was . Every week he gave 110%
Every week he played above his weight something our players have not been doing Every week

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
To quote Han Solo in the original Star Wars, 'I've got a bad feeling about this', referring to the Titans match. Manly just got over the line against a weakened Warriors. Even with Turbo back, I've got a feeling it wont be pretty for the Sea Eagle supporters.
A weakened warriors Bear?? I know this has been mentioned but we were more weakened than they were and the Warriors beat the Titans albeit at full strength. I don’t think we win, I just want to see us have another good dig. The lineup is much improved with Tom and Guac in. I watched the Titans knights Kayo mini yesterday and fair go sone of those knights efforts were as bad as I’ve seen. Fafita made a break and Tge Centre was not even running to try get him, just jogging back. And the try off the tap! I think we will be a far tougher challenge for them than Newcastle last week. Let’s hope we get a win.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Here are more stats on those two players

It is not the size of the man but the size of his heart and effort he puts in on game day
Fafita does go missing in games too tho Bozo. Look at his real beast mode games. Largely against poorer opposition. Not saying he’s a flat track bully. But it’s not impossible to contain him either. It will be an interesting battle in the middle this one. Lots of good forwards on display in this one.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Fafita does go missing in games too tho Bozo. Look at his real beast mode games. Largely against poorer opposition. Not saying he’s a flat track bully. But it’s not impossible to contain him either. It will be an interesting battle in the middle this one. Lots of good forwards on display in this one.
YOu are right Fifita has been known to go missing . I saw that when he played with the Broncos .
I believe those Big boys like Fifita and Kikau can also be put off their game by an enforcer defender out wide who consistently moves up and unsettles them .
I believe we have that aggressive player now in Gauc who can do the job
I love Gaucs aggression and intimidation Something our players have been lacking
I wish Jake couid play with a bit more aggression and intimidation . He looks like a choir boy on the field

Last edited:

Mac Man

Reserve Grader
View attachment 17728

We have Crocker... :)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN AS A SUPPORTER .....

JAKE SMASHES A PLAYER AND THAN SAYS , ARE YOU OK MATE ?

SADDLER AND GUAC SMASH PLAYERS AND SAY , GET UP YOU BASTARD !!!

JAKE NEEDS TO ONLY BE A NICE GUY OFF THE FIELD AND NOT ON IT
1512317560-7fcfb29958f8fdc13b39244fa92a9176.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14