PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if Des has Schuster starting at 2nd row as cover for Foran in case he gets injured during the game?

Rather than having him on the bench as well as Cust, starting him in a position he's played before & did well at last week means plenty of game time/experience for him as well as freeing up a bench spot.

Just a thought, as a few people have mentioned Foran is possibly carrying an injury.
I reckon that is one reason, but also watching last weeks game Shoe was next to Foran in the defensive line mostly. And he folded a cpl big boppers, that were obviously (to me anyway) targeting Foran. But on the upside (yes, I said it, upside) Shoe is learning from Foran as well. Having teacher and student on the field next to each other is a good thing imo. Foz gets injured, Shoes already in the game and takes over.

I reckon that is one reason, but also watching last weeks game Shoe was next to Foran in the defensive line mostly. And he folded a cpl big boppers, that were obviously (to me anyway) targeting Foran. But on the upside (yes, I said it, upside) Shoe is learning from Foran as well. Having teacher and student on the field next to each other is a good thing imo. Foz gets injured, Shoes already in the game and takes over.
Beat me to it. Couldn't agree more.

Best part of Des naming Shoe in the backrow is that we know he trusts his defensive ability in an important defensive position and he gets to play next to Foz for a few weeks to learn the value of a cool head.

He also trusts Parker's and Garrick's defensive abilities....

But Schuster is a gun so just being facetious.

1.92 into 1.77 on TAB for Saints. Plenty of punters reading silver tails lol. Even money did seem strange price given our form and hoodoo

1.92 into 1.77 on TAB for Saints. Plenty of punters reading silver tails lol. Even money did seem strange price given our form and hoodoo

I got in early, and put a few bob on the dragons at about $2 ! Eagles are like money in the Bank results wise atm.

LOL. Remember the display he put on down there in the Barrett years ? It was atrocious, and given the crap he has dished up the first two rounds this year I don't expect he is capable of the basic simple halfback plays anymore. I hope he has a blinder, God knows he is due, and we need it, but I won't be holding my breath.
The one saving grace is surely we can’t keep losing to this team forever. If there’s a team we are due against away it’s these guys right?
Shoe at $4.33 for anytime try scorer.....get on it.

Foran to the line in their red zone, off his hip and getting smashed with shoe hitting the gap.
When you put it that way, I like him for 2 meat pies!

I dont understand why people are so high on the Dragons.

They play the Roosters and Souths and the get beaten just as badly.

I mean the hoodu I get but both teams are equally awful atm
And they only won in a back and forth contest vs the team who likely runs second last this year without their one man team Taumalolo playing. It’s hardly inspiring form after being whacked by the Sharks in round one. In saying that we’ve not won yet and never do in the gong vs these guys. So you can understand our underdog status.

I am hoping we scrape home with a win... DCE FG 78min...
I did not get to watch the game until late on Sunday(I find when you watch a game and you already know the result it is easier to watch it without the emotion so high).
I know that a lot of people are really hurting with how the side is at the moment and I am not going to get into a back and forth with people about this,but I saw some real positives in the game.
I thought our forwards were all strong and completely outplayed their pack and that includes Croker having a pretty solid game too,and that is something to build on.(I don't think that Keppie was outstanding tho,a couple of hits on Graham does not make a great game,but was an improvement on recent efforts,I think Boyle was better in game 1 and don't get the hate for him)
I was overall happy with our 2-5,Parker is too slow(yes)and Suli got beaten on the outside right at the end.I would like Walker back to centre and move Parker to second row(that is on Des).I don't buy the b.s. that he would get more concussions or could not play there,he gets his headknocks hitting up on the first or second tackle from 2 metres from our own line with 3 props/second rowers smashing him.In the second row he would be getting the ball maybe on the 3rd or 4th hit up at best and an offseason putting on a couple of kilos would not slow a player who lacks real speed too much.
I thought Suli looked good and got involved without Sironen dying with the ball and I don't get the hate for him on here.
The 3 problems I saw were firstly Marty losing the ball in attacking position,in saying that it was seriously wet and it wasn't like the Rabbitohs ball security was outstanding.
The errors and bad decisions from DCE were hard to take and it is on the player himself to turn it around.
Walkers errors from fullback can be rectified by selecting Funa or Harper there and this is on Des to sort.
I honestly believe(and I said at the start,I have no interest in debating with so many people who are hurting at the moment) you take away those 3 factors and that game was ours for the taking,I don't believe any recent hype about the Dragons as I believe the Cowboys will be probably be wooden spooners this year(or Dogs).
I am pretty confident we will win this weekend,but if DCE has a game like that again it may change things.Whilst it will never happen...if DCE can't get his act together I would hope that Schuster moves to 5/8 and have Foran playing a Cronk type of role as half with minimal physical involvement.The best I have ever seen Foran play was his first year with the Eels,they played him as a game manager at 7 and controlling the game,he was simply outstanding until he got injured about half way through the season and has been injury prone since.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8