PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yep. Gone are those glorious years of Manly's scintillating backline play where we'd score tries that started from anywhere on the field. My memory is that the last try we scored which started from our half -- baring intercepts -- was the solo effort by Miski late last year.... and he was then punted from the club.
The Shoe will give our backline some much-needed flair but I doubt Parker and Suli have ever made a break of more than a few metres. Perhaps when they were racing for a warm shower at the end of a match?
Parker has scored 15 tries in 4 seasons and 65 games at centre and wing.It is totally Unbelieveable a player can hold down a first grade position with stats like that in an era of high scoring football.For some perspective Ryan James playing prop for the lowly Titans scores tries at the same rate.

If he gets to a man his defence is very good.BUT he doesn’t get to plenty due to his lack of speed and anticipation. See round 1 and trial v Wests on a fast track.The wet keeps him in the game in D as we saw last week.

Walker not playing centre is a total abomination.There is not a single reason anyone could think its a good idea , especially with Parker taking his place.

Last edited:
Hopefully Cust will get a run while we are in with a chance of winning and not as an afterthought.

One of those games between two poor teams where you probably have to use home ground as a tiebreaker so expect them to win , probably comfortably.
And similarly I’d back us at Lottoland ( but with not much confidence).

Very wary of Dufty against our tortoises on left.No one catches him given room.Think Shoe will step up this round.Would have got a lot of confidence from tough performance last week.

Last edited:
In all 22 visits to the Gong since 1982, Manly have won 7 games plus 2 drawn.

In Gong games Manly vs the joint venture franchise (1999 + 2003 onwards) there have been 9 games.

In these 9 games Manly has won once which was 2003 with a 38-12 result.

Notably remembered for a try bound Hoppa running to the try line backwards and also for a slap.

92df05fc08c6b30b0d002c379c17c01adbfe7392

Stats Rugby League Tables / Manly / All Games

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Late Mail:Bench utility Cade Cust is racing the clock after suffering a head knock last week. He must pass HIA protocols to be cleared to play. If Cust is ruled out, Manly coach Des Hasler will go back to his Round 1 plan of shifting Jake Trbojevic to hooker if Lachlan Croker needs a break. Tevita Funa would likely be the man to come onto the bench if Cust is not cleared to play. Martin Taupau is set to play despite suffering a head cut.
Manly's Cade Cust has passed the relevant concussion protocols and is fit to play against the Dragons, according to coach Des Hasler.

Cust suffered a head knock against the Rabbitohs in round two but is fit tio take his place on the bench for the trip to WIN Stadium.

Dylan Walker will also line up at fullback as named despite Hasler contemplating a backline shake-up after last week's loss to the Rabbitohs.

Parker has scored 15 tries in 4 seasons and 65 games at centre and wing.It is totally Unbelieveable a player can hold down a first grade position with stats like that in an era of high scoring football.For some perspective Ryan James playing for the lowly Titans scores tries at the same rate.

If he gets to a man his defence is pretty good.He doesn’t get to plenty. See round 1 and trial v Wests.

Walker not playing centre is a total abomination.
I can’t believe we persist with Parker, we need speed and have the youth with it. Is Brent Naden getting a run at Penrith after his dose of coke? He as plenty of speed and has first grade experience can play centre and wing probably fullback

Hopefully Cust will get a run while we are in with a chance of winning and not as an afterthought.

One of those games between two poor teams where you probably have to use home ground as a tiebreaker so expect them to win , probably comfortably.
And similarly I’d back us at Lottoland ( but with not much confidence).

Very wary of Dufty against our tortoises on left.No one catches him given room.Think Shoe will step up this round.
Agree, hopefully not Cust’s Last Stand.

Tuipulotu and Harper cut, f me Des, why is Parker and Garrick still there....every club will attack them ffs

Des is making my weekends so bloody frustrating, and then my frustration and disappointment flows into the next week.....until Tuesday afternoon where I have a little optimism and then destroys it again at 4pm

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8