PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Cowboys v Manly [Round 13, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What I hate is that the ladder is skewed for 3 rounds due to the BYE points :confused:

NRL need to fix this whole SOO period fiasco.

2v made the point last week that the draw is uneven due to which Clubs are penalized by having to play without their stars before SOO #1 each year :cool:

Manly always seems to be chosen.
I wonder if Clubs are asked which SOO round they want to sit out when the draw is created :think:

Clubs losing players for games, and potentially losing them to injury as a result of the games, is exactly the reason why State of Origin was killed off in Aussie rules. Basically, AFL clubs were fed up with the players they were/are paying good money for being sidelined from club football just for the sake of playing games that had no bearing on the premiership. And TBH, I don't blame them.

I know Origin in league is a big thing, but in all reality its nothing more than a sideshow that can easily derail a clubs season.

Cowboys game is just MUST win this week.
No if but may be this week. There is a job to do that just must get done.

Agreed. A third loss in a row will have a big impact on the teams momentum and its confidence. With Tom back and potentially having DCE and Jake there as well after tonight's Origin, we definitely need a good result.

We've been living OK with those who are essentially back ups, but if we are going to contend not only for a top 8 spot, but maybe even a premiership (dare to dream) then we need to have our best side on the park.

Clubs losing players for games, and potentially losing them to injury as a result of the games, is exactly the reason why State of Origin was killed off in Aussie rules. Basically, AFL clubs were fed up with the players they were/are paying good money for being sidelined from club football just for the sake of playing games that had no bearing on the premiership. And TBH, I don't blame them.

I know Origin in league is a big thing, but in all reality its nothing more than a sideshow that can easily derail a clubs season.
THIS!!!

SOO is also the making of a lot of players.

Playing with and against their best contemporaries lifts their standards IMO :nod:

Gagai came of age last year along with Ponga and Cook etc

The game was fast, skillful and the lead changed enough to keep everyone cheering :happy:

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue

Playing with and against their best contemporaries lifts their standards IMO :nod:

The game was fast, skillful and the lead changed enough to keep everyone cheering :happy:

I’d agree with that , certainly hasn’t done Jake, Tom and Cherry any harm!!

I do realise injury is possible, but then again it can on any weekend.

No arguments, but why aren't the clubs compensated for the loss of the player. Why not have at the very least a credit to their salary cap for every game they are stood down from due to SOO and every game they miss due to injury incurred in SOO. Geez I hate SOO with a freaking passion, blow it up I say...……………….

Cherry tweaked his ankle in the captains run for QLD !!! He had to have extra treatment just to play and it was pretty sore after the game !! I would say after reading this cherry is no chance of playing Saturday which is frustrating !!!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...-the-outcome-of-origin-i-20190606-p51v2y.html

This is the kind of **** that clubs have to deal with. If he doesn’t play I’ll be pissed....it’s manly who fork out the coin for his surgery and now it’s manly who over see his rehab and ultimately it will be manly who are the losers out of it whilst QLD grab him
For 80 minutes and then rack off again!

Cherry tweaked his ankle in the captains run for QLD !!! He had to have extra treatment just to play and it was pretty sore after the game !! I would say after reading this cherry is no chance of playing Saturday which is frustrating !!!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...-the-outcome-of-origin-i-20190606-p51v2y.html
Sounds right
DCE looks a very slim chance now.
Sad really as we as the club are going to suffer because of it
I would say rest him Saturday, give him the week off and be ready to play the dragons at brookvale next weekend.
I want to see him play on Saturday don’t get me wrong but just after reading that I can’t see him being risked.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8