PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From the DT

The last time Manly won an opening round match their halves partners were Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans. You have to go back to 2013 for Manly’s last opening round win having lost their past seven first up matches. The Roosters haven’t had much luck to kick off-the season either in recent years, losing six of their past eight – including their last three.

From the DT

The last time Manly won an opening round match their halves partners were Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans. You have to go back to 2013 for Manly’s last opening round win having lost their past seven first up matches. The Roosters haven’t had much luck to kick off-the season either in recent years, losing six of their past eight – including their last three.
On those stats it will be a draw

Late Mail: Des Hasler may make a late switch for Manly with Morgan Harper touted as a potential fullback option. That could in turn move Dylan Walker to the centres and see Brad Parker drop out. Hooker Lachlan Croker has overcome a hamstring injury.

Now that is looking like a much stronger side

I kind of like the idea of Morgan Harper fullback in defense but then swaps with Dylan in attack and Dylan is fullback in attack as we know he can play a ball playing role. I didnt see much in the way of attack in the trial from Morgan but i was happy with his defensive efforts and reads at the back as well as his kick returns.

Yeah I have a different opinion given that we are playing 3 real “ contenders “ in the first month.

With no Fainu & Tom our chances of beating title favourites, Rorters , Bunnies and Panfers is extremely slim.

So for me,

0/4 fail
1/4 pass
2/4 fantastic
3/4 unbelievable
4/4 ****ing orgasmic
Not only playing the three contenders, we’ve got to play the pretenders that are the Dragons who we haven’t beaten in recent memory so we can’t put that down as a gimme either.

Then Schuster in for Funa and happy days!
I’m neither here nor there on who plays fb out of Harper and Walker tbh. Parker at least is solid defensively and can pass the ball if at Centre. And Parker now at least has sone experience under his belt. Like all I can’t understand Schuster not being in. Let’s hope he is come kick off tomorrow. One more sleep, not sure why but I’ve not been as excited for a round 1 game in as long as I can remember.

If we can't beat the side they have this year, then it might be a long time before we experience the joys of victory against the goons.

And if we can’t win that one it’s going to be the longest season of disappointment in the clubs history.

1/4 as I’ve said is a pass.

I think our chances v the other 3 , at this stage of the season , with who we don’t have in , is a real stretch.

Each one of the three are considered title contenders, we are considered bottom 4 contenders, it’s not rocket science.

As the season progresses I think we’ll get better , even without Turbo.

But I just reckon the first month is going to be really hard work.

Buckle up friends:

via Buzz Rothfield @ DT

Late mail: Manly has a shock back up hooker plan for Saturday’s match against the Sydney Roosters with Jake Trbojevic at dummy-half to cover for Lachlan Croker if required.

The Sea Eagles rested their spine, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Dylan Walker and Lachlan Croker from the final trial. Croker has been managing a hamstring injury this pre-season but will play, while Dylan Walker has only been training at fullback since the news of the Tom Trbojevic’s injury. Jason Saab and Jake Trbojevic were also rested from the final trial but have trained with the squad this week and will be fit to play. The Mad Scientist Des Hasler threw a curve ball selection on teamlist Tuesday with Tevita Funa on the bench as bench utility ahead of Josh Schuster. Cade Cust has been named to play NSW Cup.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8