PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Whilst in reality I think we’ll get our pants pulled down tomorrow the Rorters do have a few out and we might just pull a surprise out of the hat.

I’m not typing this brimming with confidence and the bookies usually have it pretty right ( we are $3.50 they are $1.20) but stranger things have happened .

I don’t have the Rorters at top 4 this year as I think they’ll slide back a bit , even despite their gazziliions, as their stars are starting to age a little so you never know , where’s there’s a heartbeat there’s life.

From the DT

The last time Manly won an opening round match their halves partners were Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans. You have to go back to 2013 for Manly’s last opening round win having lost their past seven first up matches. The Roosters haven’t had much luck to kick off-the season either in recent years, losing six of their past eight – including their last three.
The last time never means this time
Records are always made to be broken
And they always have been broken By the spirited souls that rise above lifes challenges

Dear Des

Are we up for the Challenge ????

Buckle up friends:

via Buzz Rothfield @ DT

Late mail: Manly has a shock back up hooker plan for Saturday’s match against the Sydney Roosters with Jake Trbojevic at dummy-half to cover for Lachlan Croker if required.

The Sea Eagles rested their spine, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Dylan Walker and Lachlan Croker from the final trial. Croker has been managing a hamstring injury this pre-season but will play, while Dylan Walker has only been training at fullback since the news of the Tom Trbojevic’s injury. Jason Saab and Jake Trbojevic were also rested from the final trial but have trained with the squad this week and will be fit to play. The Mad Scientist Des Hasler threw a curve ball selection on teamlist Tuesday with Tevita Funa on the bench as bench utility ahead of Josh Schuster. Cade Cust has been named to play NSW Cup.

I hate to say it but Buzz Lighthair maybe right twice this week, having predicted Walker at No. 1.

No one will remember, but last year I suggested that Jake should go to dummy half; has the pass, the defence and football brain to go with it. You dont have to be small to be a hooker these days, look at the Qld side of recent years.

This move would allow Schuster to lock ( again suggested last week by moi, Buzz's love child).

Even if Croker is fit, he is a better selection off the bench.

Suddenly, we have a very good pack of forwards.

Screenshot_20210312-134319_Facebook.jpg
This can't be true?

I hate to say it but Buzz Lighthair maybe right twice this week, having predicted Walker at No. 1.

No one will remember, but last year I suggested that Jake should go to dummy half; has the pass, the defence and football brain to go with it. You dont have to be small to be a hooker these days, look at the Qld side of recent years.

This move would allow Schuster to lock ( again suggested last week by moi, Buzz's love child).

Even if Croker is fit, he is a better selection off the bench.

Suddenly, we have a very good pack of forwards.
Yeah , really can not see any reason why Schuster can not be a super sub . Jet Ski can cover centre not ideal but still adequate , Josh can play in about four positions with ease

Jake at hooker is interesting. He is a good passer, our best tackler and an 80 minute man so that is in his favour. Speed off the mark? I'm not so sure - he isn't slow but seems to need a few metres to get to top speed.

Jake at hooker is interesting. He is a good passer, our best tackler and an 80 minute man so that is in his favour. Speed off the mark? I'm not so sure - he isn't slow but seems to need a few metres to get to top speed.
Yep. The defence only need worry about his options left and right, he isn't a running threat. We are making it too easy for the opposition.

Like I have said ad nauseam, I hope Des is telling our quick players like Walker to get into dummy half and run.

I can ....round 1 last year
just sayin
You might want to check that one. We played them once and got smashed 34-4...just sayin'

Manly have won 1 of the last 6 against them - It is 20-10 overall. I actually thought it was worse than that...

You might want to check that one. We played them once and got smashed 34-4...just sayin'

Manly have won 1 of the last 6 against them - It is 20-10 overall. I actually thought it was worse than that...
Well here is the facts ....round 2 2020
1615521498306.png

just sayin'......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11