Post-Game Discussion Post-Game Discussion - Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
30 Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

You've summed it up perfectly @Mark from Brisbane in my opinion. Two points is two points. Every team that played in Golden point (besides us) got trounced this week, and the Tits were desperate, you could tell.

That said, I'm loving the mentality of the players and club after the game, also expressing their dissatisfaction at some of the elements of their games (and that shows standards).

I'll one up you Markos and suggest that if you add the bye in, The absolute dodgy calls against us versus both The Warriors / Eels, we are sitting first.

I think this game was the fork in the road for us. Lose it, we were heading down the same path as the last 11 odd years. But we won it, so maybe we can kick on from here.

We aren't far away. In my view, if we can change our mentality in defense (only Titans, Rabbits and Eels are worse than us atm), that's when we possibly get to that next tier of teams - the contenders.
I think over the course of the season you are going to get tough calls , and calls that you say “ **** we dodged that one “.

So whilst I get angry at the time , within a day or so I tend to say “oh well **** happens “.

The major thing for me out of yesterdays game is that , yes we have a lot to improve on , and the players know it.

BUT the last three games , we would have lost all those in the last two years , any sort of adversity & we’d fold.

However , from 3 very tough games we’ve banked 5 out of 6 points , and if that doesn’t excite you nothing will!!

2 points is 2 points and not a given any week.

Yes we played poorly but we won.

We’ve been away from home 3 out of the last 4 games with two of those being interstate/overseas. It takes its toll and now we get back to back games at 4 Pines.

Big chance to solidify our spot over the next few weeks.

That was the first game this year that we didn't pin the opposition on their tryline at any point. They were consistently kicking from the halfway line. This was partly due to DCEs kicking game being off but I think we really missed Aloiai yesterday. He is often leading the kick chase/line speed and is regularly involved in the first few tackles in a set. Not something he gets much credit for but it was very noticeable in his absence.

Tonight played out pretty much exactly as I said it would all through the week.

The Titans absolutely desperate throwing everything bar the kitchen sink at us.

And we’ve had two pretty tough games in a row , including a 90 minute slugfest draw last week.

How did the Warriors go folks???

And we have 3 front line forwards injured / suspended.

AND you all want to whinge & bitch because we didn’t win by 50.

**** me you are hard markers.

As I said , not pretty , but we go home with 2 more points.
Skite! 😉

Just sayin’

His a good man our Tommy, I saw him do another good deed after the game last night, made his way across the field on his own, over the fence and up the stand to a disabled young fella, for a photo and a few moments, quality human as well as a good footballer, heard a bit about what he did but I don’t have the facts so can’t say anymore, other than well done mate on both accounts.

Hard to watch and frustrating how we let them score double there season average is beyond me
Hopeless ,we missed Browny aloai and Sips big time.
Garrick back to a wing and give Talaou a go there .DCE poor game by his standards .
I think with the above forwards back and Garick to wing we look a lot better .
If we play like that next week the Slime will get us
I think DCE will be on his game next week, he would be well aware of his form today and make amends next week against the squeels, I'm excited for this game, we owe them one after the first encounter

i do champ

but i refuse to support dumb under 6s football or playing down to a **** teams level
Some of us wear our heart on our sleeve and if that's who you are that's who you are, there is a cross section of people on this forum from probably every walk of life and circumstance so just be yourself Soupy, you're not the only one on here that's a bit out there at times and as we're all Eagle supporters provided you're not abusive I don't mind what you have to say in fact it's often a source of comedic relief😊

Imho he looked glacial in a game where all our forwards were slow.
Yes I agree, as much as I like the bloke unfortunately his best days are well behind him, hopefully injuries will be fewer as the season rolls on and the need to dig deeply into our reserves will diminish

Pretty clunky with a few guys slotting back in. Forward passes pretty embarrassing but Boyd did a couple that weren’t pulled up.

Lodge solid but clearly needs match fitness. He will be better for the run.

Garrick a couple of shocking reads in defence at centre, and errors. Possibly his worst game, but he kept trying.

Talau really good, shut down some dodgy situations.

Glad we got the two points but I hated watching that game.
Excellent analogy Shoe 1

Some of us wear our heart on our sleeve and if that's who you are that's who you are, there is a cross section of people on this forum from probably every walk of life and circumstance so just be yourself Soupy, you're not the only one on here that's a bit out there at times and as we're all Eagle supporters provided you're not abusive I don't mind what you have to say in fact it's often a source of comedic relief😊
all I can be is me my brother

cheers for the words of support

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8