PLAYER MEDIA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
Really do we only have the same players doing Player Media at Manly. !! Also, they always seem to be the ones that are most criticized here Parker, Garrick, Goswieski, etc. Sick of hearing from them .. All they talk about is there's always next week !! Looking forward to the challenge. What a load of crap.. SIck of it!

Really do we only have the same players doing Player Media at Manly. !! Also, they always seem to be the ones that are most criticized here Parker, Garrick, Goswieski, etc. Sick of hearing from them .. All they talk about is there's always next week !! Looking forward to the challenge. What a load of crap.. SIck of it!
The blokes on the big money refuse... cant blame them, you can only trot out the same platitudes and excuses so many times before you look like a goose...

Imo it says a lot about the squad that the lower tier players are left to hold the can...

I personally don't care what they say...they are paid to play football not provide psychological relief to disgruntled fans. Whatever they trot out, it won't make a difference to the performance on the weekend.

I personally don't care what they say...they are paid to play football not provide psychological relief to disgruntled fans. Whatever they trot out, it won't make a difference to the performance on the weekend.

You do realise, this is a spectator sport, as Trent Robinson recently stated? The game is for the members and fans, because without them, none of these paid players have jobs or income.

It's ALL about goodwill (i.e. customers) - including ratings.

There is a huge disengagement between our club and the fans / members. This should be paramount when they are laying duck eggs week after week.

Fans thrive on hope, realism, clarity, engagement, interaction. Our club lacks in every one of these areas. It's called accountability. You know how many fans Josh McGuire got for a bit of realism and honesty?

It is not easy facing the camera after loses

We do not want them to be in a state of comfort zone

We need them to face the cameras and face the music
We need them to be accountable for their performances

What is starting to concern me with all their .... We look forward to the challenge is

They have been looking forward to the challenge from their past 12 thrashings

I hope it is not a case of

What does not challenge you wont change you

Because right now we need a massive change that will lead to a WIN !!!!

You do realise, this is a spectator sport, as Trent Robinson recently stated? The game is for the members and fans, because without them, none of these paid players have jobs or income.

There is a huge disengagement between our club and the fans / members. This should be paramount when they are laying duck eggs week after week.

Fans thrive on hope, realism, clarity, engagement, interaction. Our club lacks in every one of these areas. It's called accountability. You know how many fans Josh McGuire got for a bit of realism and honesty?
You are entitled to that opinion. I personally don’t want to hear anything from them. I just want them to play footy on the weekend. Hope will come from a good performance not fancy works during the week. As a spectator, I watch the games for the action, whereas the media puff pieces don’t entertain me much at all.

I am Glad you brought up a every important issue our club has feathered friend

It is all about Goodwill from the loyal and passionate fans and their paramount contribution to their club

We have over 30,000 facebook so called Manly Sea eagle followers that have the audacity of having a go at our players for not having a go when these hypocrites do not lead by example and have a go and do the right thing and support their club where it counts most and that is through club membership

TO ALL THE FACEBOOK MANLY SEA EAGLE FANS
HOW CAN ANY BODY INCLUDING THE MEDIA TAKE YOU LOT SERIOUS
WHEN YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR LEGENDARY CLUB THE MANLY SEA EAGLES

TO ALL THE FACEBOOK SO CALLED MANLY SEA EAGLES FANS
WHERE IS YOUR LOYALTY , COMMITMENT AND PASSION ???
YOU ARE LETTING YOUR GREAT CLUB DOWN
PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND HAVE A GO YOU MUGS !!!!

2021 NRL Passionate fan Membership Tracker​

Club Name202120202020201920182017
5 Apr5 AprFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta29,97627,21028,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney29,86828,73729,67029,62629,18930,220
Canberra21,09419,03919,03920,12120,05519,091
Melbourne20,00022,00025,41125,21125,10520,507
Newcastle19,27818,81818,86020,66518,01713,370
Penrith19,08518,90618,90620,62720,47720,248
Wests Tigers18,53217,77617,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters16,32115,19716,53016,38416,04416,001
North Queensland15,56716,70916,70921,02923,43722,278
Canterbury15,21815,17015,17018,34319,57018,833
St Geo Illa15,17215,03515,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,89212,70312,88712,44012,43013,163

TO ALL THE FACEBOOK SO CALLED MANLY SEA EAGLES FANS
DO THE RIGHT THING
EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg

It’s a little uncomfortably ironic at the moment when the Club precedes the player interview with an ad for an ambulance chasing law firm.
Hmmmm.

I think it's wrong for players to be forced to do interviews, primarily because they are hamstrung from saying anything useful.
They can't be critical of anyone, they have to appear optimistic about next week's match, they can't divulge any worthwhile tactics or else the coach will lambast them...
They can't be honest. Basically they are a waste of time.
It might give fans of winning teams a warm and fuzzy feeling to hear from their favs, but when teams are playing like Manly there is nothing to say.

Your spot on and for the fans with integrity, all like to see the players mean what they say and at least do their best to back it up.
I feel that's the issue at the moment as pointed out in an earlier post, plenty of cliche lines that don't get backed up the following week.
In times gone past when Lyon, Watmough or Glen Stewart ect had something to say, always backed it up on the field.
Also notice the more competitive players like Munster and Reynolds rip in on interviews, even after a win about where they can improve and usually do

Here is our media responses each week

"Yeah we have to try harder this week and get the win".

Original but that statement never comes true.. :p

We have a 24hour news cycle and all clubs need to be putting forward players and coaches.

Up to the journalists to ask better questions to get more than cliches out of them

We have a 24hour news cycle and all clubs need to be putting forward players and coaches.

Up to the journalists to ask better questions to get more than cliches out of them
For example: Brad, what's with all the dropped ball? Why are so many dropping balls? Why are you dropping them at the moment?

Manly sides have always been defined by character each and everyone of the players displayed that on the field even in defeat. Character seems to be the one element missing from this side at the moment and a word that is never muttered at any press conference.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8