Player Confesses to Teammates.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
All this stuff being propogated by the cab driver and co that no one will dob anyone in is rubbish.

If there is an issue at a club and you are on 500k per year and can get 6 months or tossed for 2 years or life there will be players that will sing like a bird.A lot of these guys only option outside of the game is flipping burgers so never doubt that the self preservation motive will be alive and well.It also assumes that everyone in a squad are bonded together like one big happy family-and that is an even a bigger load of horse****.Footy clubs are like the rest of society-they have different cliques and groups with differing ethics and interests.

The penalty for being caught was increased in 2009 from two years to four years.

The big song and dance announcement was an attempt to encourage cheats to give themselves up and cop 6 months instead of 4 years which would effectively end a footballers career.

Masked Eagle said:
WAMF said:
I thought there were phone taps that had implicated certain individuals?

"How's it going? Can I have 2 of the usual please". ASADA want to investigate what is the usual.

2 thin and crispy super supremes.

Apparently there is an NRL first grader who overheard another NRL first grader say that he saw a player who was talking to a guy who might have known something about some sort of drug but he didn't know if it was legal or not so he thought he would tell another player in case he was caught overhearing a conversation about some drug that may or may not be legal.

mickqld said:
Apparently there is an NRL first grader who overheard another NRL first grader say that he saw a player who was talking to a guy who might have known something about some sort of drug but he didn't know if it was legal or not so he thought he would tell another player in case he was caught overhearing a conversation about some drug that may or may not be legal.

Rothfield will run with that in Sundays paper.

bones said:
mickqld said:

Rothfield will run with that in Sundays paper.

Definitely solid enough evidence for ASADA to convict all players involved and for Kate Lundy to denigrate all of Australian sport.

mickqld said:
Definitely solid enough evidence for ASADA to convict all players involved and for Kate Lundy to denigrate all of Australian sport.

Please desist from posting views that are diametrically opposed to so many on these forums.

Thats what a forum is for - to discuss issues.People will have opposing views.Highlighting someone who agrees with you means what? would you like me to highlight someone who agrees with views opposite to yours.

Is it that difficcult to wait a little while and see how this unfolds.The politics is done and dealt,all the teeth gnashing in the world can't change that..Let the issue unfold.

The only thing I knowfor absolute certian is that YOU AND I KNOW NOTHING.

The difference is that thinking people who know nothing will wait for things to unfold before making a blanket statement when they have zero information.The Geelong coach is one of the few in the game who is taking this approach and he stands out like a beacon.

The few who have been briefed at a high level like Annesley seem very concerned.They are the only people you can place any emphasis on at all for the very basic reason they KNOW something-as such that demands a liitle caution before crying conspiracy.
I hope you are dead right to be honest but I am prepared to wait till it plays out.It aint that hard.

WAMF said:
I thought there were phone taps that had implicated certain individuals?

I heard the same thing about Danny Wicks and half the Knights side. Never amounted to anything.

susan said:
Thats what a forum is for - to discuss issues.People will have opposing views.Highlighting someone who agrees with you means what? would you like me to highlight someone who agrees with views opposite to yours.

Is it that difficcult to wait a little while and see how this unfolds.The politics is done and dealt,all the teeth gnashing in the world can't change that..Let the issue unfold.

The difference is that thinking people who know nothing will wait for things to unfold before making a blanket statement when they have zero information.The Geelong coach is one of the few in the game who is taking this approach and he stands out like a beacon.

The few who have been briefed at a high level like Annesley seem very concerned.They are the only people you can place any emphasis on at all for the very basic reason they KNOW something-as such that demands a liitle caution before crying conspiracy.
I hope you are dead right to be honest but I am prepared to wait till it plays out.It aint that hard.

I for one agree with this, I know it's topical and everyone wants answers BUT after a week of this we know bugger all!!

All this guesswork is getting us no where...lets talk about Football and let whatever be that will be....because there "ain't nothing we can do to change any of it"

Now....whose going to come to Brisbane and join me and the MWTS in kicking season 2013 off in style??

On Wednesday morning i heard on ABC news that dear Kate's department had a 15million dollar funding cut in the budget and is not happy. so she has used asada as a tool to say hey we are doing something so we want a funding increase and that her own team advised her not to go public with anything until they had 100% proof and not conjecture but she still went ahead so she can put pressure on the treasurer to give them back the 15 mill. I have been around teams as a first aid officer for 40 years and i have never seen a doctor or any official encourage any one to take banned substances and assure all of you our club has always been beyond reproach on this subject. Not that some players have never taken recreation drugs in private as some have which is documented but our club has never condoned it. to me this whole subject stinks of a political agenda and should be treated with contempt and all clubs should band together and sue the living daylights out of those that will not show their evidence and name people, show it or stow it. sorry for the rant guys and gals but this really peves me off.
manly forever we will win it in 2013

susan said:

The difference is that you know that you don't know, and aren't incessantly ramming what you don't know down others' throats.

Anyone following the USADA pursuit of Lance Armstrong would know a lack of positive test results mean nothing.

Wicks was jailed wasnt he?Not sure.

It seems ridiculous to me that people seem to be suggesting that if the investigators have a lot of material that suggests doping but is not yet ironclad in a legal sense then they should just drop off because it is all too hard.I am sure they have some iron clad stuff and plenty of stuff that needs more work.Just let them get on with it and see how it pans out.

I lived in Chicago in the 90s when the Sammy Soza/Maguire thing unfolded.The public had exactly the same reaction then as the mainstream public has here - until they realised almost every hitter of the generation was on drugs.They had been warned for years by drug authorities and did nothing-the whole thing became a total joke.Have a look at baseball league hitting and pitching records-it is a monument to deceit.

At least we have a chance to nip it in the bud early here if it exists.If it is a storm in a tea cup then even better.

Probably his brother is going to confess. Oh, right, he's already done the obligatory walk from Drugcastle to the quay. This is all such nonsense.

DSM5 said:
Probably his brother is going to confess. Oh, right, he's already done the obligatory walk from Drugcastle to the quay. This is all such nonsense.

Yeah and probably raised ALOT of money for Depression and suicide awareness, you miserable wanker.

What then?
Then it means it is not a major problem given the resources put into getting to the bottom of it,the few who do it are on notice that they are being watched and new integrity systems are in place and functioning,the government gets a deserved black eye and we have our game back in good shape with a vigilent eye to the future= and the mighty eagles win another flag in 2013.

This is the result I ,and most fans are hoping for, but it needs to play out in a way that gives us confidence that the game is ok.If there is a dark side worse than we thought then we will have a struck an early blow.We do not need to go down the path of every major professional sport in the world and become a scientists playground.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6