Player Confesses to Teammates.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Rumours that an NRL player has called his teammates into a meeting to confess to drug usage.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/certain-nrl-player-linked-to-drugs-in-sport-scandal-called-his-teammates-into-a-meeting-to-apologise/

RE: Player Confesses

If true,the tree shaking referred to by Annesley and Sullivan last night has its first victim.MMM is not exactly a solid source so wait and see.

susan said:
If true,the tree shaking referred to by Annesley and Sullivan last night has its first victim.MMM is not exactly a solid source so wait and see.

Don't be silly. Matty Johns is never wrong. Snake > chooks, Saints, ESL, Japanese Rugby.

Matty Johns cany get his name right let alone any other crap....Oh guess what he is a mate of paul kents....Say NO more.....

can you imagine an NRL player ringing his team mates and saying come in boys, Im a drug cheat and I want to tell you all about it.....!!!

Frogz said:
Matty Johns cany get his name right let alone any other crap....Oh guess what he is a mate of paul kents....Say NO more.....

can you imagine an NRL player ringing his team mates and saying come in boys, Im a drug cheat and I want to tell you all about it.....!!!

That's the only way they'll catch anyone. With a confession. The players would know this so there's no way they'll confess anything IMO.

"Rumour is, whether this is true or not, he actually called his teammates in and said 'look guys, I just want to apologise because my name’s come up and continues to come up and I feel like you are being dragged into it'."

errrr... there's no confession in that arti'cull'

Though I confess I didn't listen, just read the transcript on that page.

globaleagle said:
"Rumour is, whether this is true or not, he actually called his teammates in and said 'look guys, I just want to apologise because my name’s come up and continues to come up and I feel like you are being dragged into it'."

Sorry, i just used the headline in the title.

Like most, I am not privy to a lot that is said in and about NRL circles. But I think there's gonna be a lot more of this 'there's a player that's linked with (but I can't name him)....'

Journos, regardless whether they were a player or not, love having the inside scoop! As Susan questioned, who is a solid source?

Napper said:
globaleagle said:

Sorry, i just used the headline in the title.

like omg u is totally lieke the telegruff!

/carry on order is restored.

"Just to tell you the extent where this has gone. There are certain individuals out there, one in particular, his name is being bandied around 'willy nilly' and people are saying 'it's only a matter of days' and this sort of stuff," said Matty Johns.

I can't believe Johns has outed Mason like that !! ;)

I'd agree the only chance they have is someone (like in Armstrong's case) starts ratting on others.

Matt Johns has no Credibility whatsoever , didn't he have half the team going to belmore when Hasler Left, then had Foran going to the Dogs , then Had Snake going to the Dragons ..... he has NFI

Confessions are only likely when someone sees the writing on the wall. They are being offered relative immunity at this stage for fessing up, so if you think you are about to be caught that is a big incentive to confess.

All this stuff being propogated by the cab driver and co that no one will dob anyone in is rubbish.

If there is an issue at a club and you are on 500k per year and can get 6 months or tossed for 2 years or life there will be players that will sing like a bird.A lot of these guys only option outside of the game is flipping burgers so never doubt that the self preservation motive will be alive and well.It also assumes that everyone in a squad are bonded together like one big happy family-and that is an even a bigger load of horse****.Footy clubs are like the rest of society-they have different cliques and groups with differing ethics and interests.

WAMF said:
I thought there were phone taps that had implicated certain individuals?

They do have phone taps, but its still being investigated. An example being a player has called up the person in question and asked for something, "How's it going? Can I have 2 of the usual please". ASADA want to investigate what is the usual. It may very well be legal, but they need to check it out to make sure. Thats why they aren't officially termed as suspects but rather, someone of interest.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4