Phew dodged a bullet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dont get me wrong keiran and daly are good players and its not great news that they have left the club. They will be hard to replace but hells bells we have dodged a bullet.

There is no way on earth keiran foran is worth 1.2 mill a season. He is a great player, a competitor, a tough tough footy player but he has a worth in a salary cap restricted team and 1.2 is not it. And i think he knows it as well, thats why the saga has taken so long to evolve

In my eyes cherry is a top shelf halfback but stills has a lot to prove yet. He takes poor options and can really stifle an attack at times and for over a million bucks a year,

Ive said before without jamie and brett and eachother they are still great players but both clubs better unveil some back up or both of these guys may struggle under the big time expectation they have now placed themselves under.

If it was to take that coin to keep them at manly , them departing is the best option. I dont see why kelly is in the firing line here. While its sad to see them go it would have been much worse to compete with these ridiculous offers. And blaming him on the culture, the coach and all the other stuff is well, i wont offend anyone

Dont get me wrong keiran and daly are good players and its not great news that they have left the club. They will be hard to replace but hells bells we have dodged a bullet.

There is no way on earth keiran foran is worth 1.2 mill a season. He is a great player, a competitor, a tough tough footy player but he has a worth in a salary cap restricted team and 1.2 is not it. And i think he knows it as well, thats why the saga has taken so long to evolve

In my eyes cherry is a top shelf halfback but stills has a lot to prove yet. He takes poor options and can really stifle an attack at times and for over a million bucks a year,

Ive said before without jamie and brett and eachother they are still great players but both clubs better unveil some back up or both of these guys may struggle under the big time expectation they have now placed themselves under.

If it was to take that coin to keep them at manly , them departing is the best option. I dont see why kelly is in the firing line here. While its sad to see them go it would have been much worse to compete with these ridiculous offers. And blaming him on the culture, the coach and all the other stuff is well, i wont offend anyone

I look forward 2 your posts next season when we are running in the bottom 4 with an Adam Brown halfback and Adam Hayden playing outside of him. Neither player was worth that much but the market is the market. At worse we should have kept 1.

Or we could have paid them andhad mark o meley, john hopoate and solomon huamono leading the pack

Or we could have paid them andhad mark o meley, john hopoate and solomon huamono leading the pack

Or we could have paid 1 of them and still had a very good pack. Now we have lost both and I wish we had the players you named in our pack as they are better than what we have.

The good thing is we can give Snake the upgrade he deserves.
Waste of monies as he has a contract already. Manly need to utilize a bonus system for winning games,instead of pricey blanket contracts for injury prone Players @:cool:

We have till round 13 to go to market, so lets not rush

In years to come, Gavin Orr and whomever is Foz's manager will be spoken of in hushed tones by agents who will point to these days as the beginnings of the managerial paydays..

Or we could have paid 1 of them and still had a very good pack. Now we have lost both and I wish we had the players you named in our pack as they are better than what we have.

We tried to pay them , they wanted more than we were paying. Do you think they are worth the money they will get

The good thing is we can give Snake the upgrade he deserves.

Snake is already paid as much as our halves are, are you suggesting he goes up to $1 million a season?

He will be the high paid player at the club next year from our current roster, currently 3rd highest

Snake is already paid as much as our halves are, are you suggesting he goes up to $1 million a season?

He will be the high paid player at the club next year from our current roster, currently 3rd highest

Yes people forget that Snake held out for every last dollar (can't blame him) yet others are blamed for his brother not getting the offer he richly deserved.

I agree with JBB, you can't expect to win titles with all your money tied up in 2 players no matter who they are.
As for ManlyArmy, an upgrade for Snake? Isn't he on a big enough contract already? Sure he's valuable to the team but he isn't the player he used to be and I doubt an upgrade would keep him at Manly past his current contract based on his supposed bitterness over the clubs failure to re-sign his brother.
And Mavin, do you honestly expect a top 4 finish every year? No team can go forever on top without a lull somewhere to restructure, rebuild and regroup.
Instead of being so negative about the current situation I think more people should be excited about the new and exciting journey ahead as we embark on another new era.

We tried to pay them , they wanted more than we were paying. Do you think they are worth the money they will get

I have already said they are not worth it (most houses are not worth what we pay) Instead of offering 2 1 mill each we should have offered 1 (DCE imo) 1.2 and cut Foz and still have a very nice forward pack.

Dodged a bullet indeed we were starting to look like the cowboys when they paid overs for Thurston and the rest of their team was crap.

Is that the same cowboy's team that we needed Foz's hand of god 2 beat in a final? and the Sharks needed a 7 tackle try?

H
Yes people forget that Snake held out for every last dollar (can't blame him) yet others are blamed for his brother not getting the offer he richly deserved.
Absolutely, I believe Snake sealed his brothers fate with his last contract.
But hey why blame him when we can all blame DCE instead.

Is that the same cowboy's team that we needed Foz's hand of god 2 beat in a final? and the Sharks needed a 7 tackle try?

Were robbed last year against Roosters as well and only a few weeks before steam rolled souths on their home soil. Cowboys should of won the GF last year with that pack and thurston

I have already said they are not worth it (most houses are not worth what we pay) Instead of offering 2 1 mill each we should have offered 1 (DCE imo) 1.2 and cut Foz and still have a very nice forward pack.

Chez would of signed for 1 million IMO. Cut foz (been undecided for ages) and could of spent the rest of the cap on 2 quality forwards. Win

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8