Parra's first Win of the Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I can’t agree with your assessments but I do fear that parra will beat us next week. We made brooks and marshall look like origin halves today so I expect we’ll play Moses and Norman into form. Gutho will cash in for a triple.

If parra watched that today they will smell blood in the water - they have the motivation of breaking their drought and also atoning for us pulling their pants down in round 2. It’ll be the battle of the master motivators - baz vs Dalai
You cant smell blood in the parramatta river,only ****

This. Was just saying to someone this morning, the people who booed the team off at halftime have obviously never played competitive sport, and have zero grasp of how much of an effect 75% possession in the opposition’s favour has on your energy level. Someone said it in another thread, games are being decided in the first half by weight of penalties (and therefore possession) - by the time the stats ‘even up’ (usually artificially, thru official meddling to balance the books) the team that was on a hiding to nothing in the first half just doesn’t have anything left in the tank.

You’d hope anyone who’s played sport competitively in their life would have some empathy; the days when you’re getting smashed by biased officials for no good reason are the hardest ever, nothing seems to go right and the exhaustion does contribute to the errors in both defence and attack.
I have played competitive sport and I have seen competitive teams and I can tell you that when you are competitive then you are resilient and unfortunately I cant say that our team was competitive or resilient against the Tigers .
No empathy from me for players that wear the sacred maroon and white jersey . Wear it with passion and pride or don't wear it at all
Steve+Matai+NRL+Rd+16+Dragons+v+Sea+Eagles+kqiOxeyGC__l.jpg

NRL Predicted round 7 team list

Parramatta Eels v Manly Sea Eagles
Sunday 22nd April, ANZ Stadium, 2:00PM

Eels predicted team:
1 Clint Gutherson, 2 George Jennings, 3 Michael Jennings, 4 Kirisome Auva'a, 5 Bevan French 6 Corey Norman, 7 Mitchell Moses, 8 Daniel Alvaro, 9 Kaysa Pritchard, 10 Tim Mannah (c), 11 Manu Ma'u, 12 Tepai Moeroa, 13 Nathan Brown

Interchange: 14 Beau Scott, 15 Kenny Edwards, 16 Kane Evans 17 Tony Williams

Reserves: 18 Will Smith, 19 David Gower, 20 Peni Terepo, 21 Josh Hoffman.

NOTES: Jarryd Hayne is unlikley to make an early return from a quad injury this week. With a side desperately struggling, Brad Arthur could soon wield the axe on some of his veterans.

Sea Eagles predicted team:
1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Brad Parker, 3 Dylan Walker, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Lachlan Croker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Apisai Koroisau, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Jack Gosiewski, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Jackson Hastings, 15 Shaun Lane, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Taniela Pasaka

Reserves: 18 Matthew Wright, 19 Jonathan Wright, 20 Frank Winterstein, 21 Tofofoa Sipley.

NOTES: The Sea Eagles were awful against the TIgers with Akuila Uate a chance to be dropped after a poor game. Jackson Hastings could make a return to the bench while Api Koroisau is in doubt after finishing the game with ice on his leg.

This. Was just saying to someone this morning, the people who booed the team off at halftime have obviously never played competitive sport, and have zero grasp of how much of an effect 75% possession in the opposition’s favour has on your energy level. Someone said it in another thread, games are being decided in the first half by weight of penalties (and therefore possession) - by the time the stats ‘even up’ (usually artificially, thru official meddling to balance the books) the team that was on a hiding to nothing in the first half just doesn’t have anything left in the tank.

You’d hope anyone who’s played sport competitively in their life would have some empathy; the days when you’re getting smashed by biased officials for no good reason are the hardest ever, nothing seems to go right and the exhaustion does contribute to the errors in both defence and attack.
Respectfully disagree, besides the first penalty which seemed to cripple us the refs were ok in the first 40 mins. The possession was 75% to the tigers because everytime we got the ball we dropped it, then everytime the tigpies got the ball they either scored or forced a repeat set. I've been to games where Manly have been outplayed, but the atmosphere in the crowd yesterday was something I haven't felt before, frustration, anger and almost hopelessness at how poor we were.

I have played competitive sport and I have seen competitive teams and I can tell you that when you are competitive then you are resilient and unfortunately I cant say that our team was competitive or resilient against the Tigers .
No empathy from me for players that wear the sacred maroon and white jersey . Wear it with passion and pride or don't wear it at all
View attachment 8063

Yeah, righto. You can be as ‘resilient’ as you like in your head, but when the body says no, the body says no. When you’ve done 4 times the work the opposition has (and the tackles made after 15 minutes were up around 95 vs 15) you’re going to be way more fatigued than they are. All the romanticism goes out the window when you look at basic physiology.

Do you honestly think the players don’t want passes to stick? Do you honestly think they want to hand the ball back to the opposition and do some more tackling? Seriously?!

Yeah, righto. You can be as ‘resilient’ as you like in your head, but when the body says no, the body says no. When you’ve done 4 times the work the opposition has (and the tackles made after 15 minutes were up around 95 vs 15) you’re going to be way more fatigued than they are. All the romanticism goes out the window when you look at basic physiology.

Do you honestly think the players don’t want passes to stick? Do you honestly think they want to hand the ball back to the opposition and do some more tackling? Seriously?!
I was serious and that was my honest view .
I have seen some mighty resilient Manly teams under the pump over the years and the Manly team against the Tigers was not one of them
We will agree to disagree feathered friend

Sorry there I'll have to disagree.. This is a cop out. I've seen the tigers and other teams hang in there out of pure desire, resilience, desperation, whatever word you want to use to describe it. There are no romantic sentiments that go out the window when the going gets tough. They just need to harden up, learn to hang in there and grind out the game..That's what's lacking. That's what TBaz was saying in the presser. Otherwise all we've got is a bunch of softcocks that can only get ahead when things are going their way.

If we think that anything less than a "we're playing a really good side here" attitude is going to do this weekend, we're an even dumber side than I think we are.

The Slime will be desperate. If we don't match that, we may as well not bother.

Things aren't going well, granted.
Just cut all the flashy crap and get back to what works.
Run harder than them.
Out-enthuse the other mob.
Hurt them more in defence.
Don't push stupid passes.
Be patient. A repeat set as almost as good as a try. Wear them down.

I mean, how hard is it ?

Just please to subject us to what we saw yesterday ever again.

Last edited:
I've seen enough of Froggy to know that he must be replaced. He does very little and never looks threatening. But all of the blame should not be heaped on him. For example: Our first four kick-offs from DCE were the same. Why not try something different. All he did was kick it reasonably deep and one of their forwards crashed it back to the 40 metre line. How about a shallow kick-off when you are trying to regain possession, which we desperately needed?
Which leads me to another rule change which I've advocated for years; the team that scores should kick off - not the other way around. This rule change would help restrict some of the blowout scores. According to Twenty in the presser there was an 11-minute period when we didn't have the ball. The half-time stat gave us just 21% of possession.

Surely, we have to beat Parramatta, we are both rabbles, but who it the better rabble? There will be a few suicides around here if we do get flogged.

After what I saw today we are in no position to be hanging shiit on opposition sides. Parra looked better than us today.
I mean FFS it was the Tigers!
I get what you're saying, but they did beat Melbourne twice as well as the Roosters

Absolute toss of the coin, based on the last two weeks results....based on the previous game against them we should be lapping them!!

Its going to come down to who is more desperate, and tell me tell you one of the sides at least will be highly desperate.

I was serious and that was my honest view .
I have seen some mighty resilient Manly teams under the pump over the years and the Manly team against the Tigers was not one of them
We will agree to disagree feathered friend

Their mercenaries don’t have any more pride, resilience, whatever else you want to call it, than our mercenaries do. Pride in the jersey is a dead concept; any of these guys who make it to NRL level are competitive and want to win, or else they wouldn’t be there - there are plenty who don’t make it.

The difference is, the opposition mercenaries weren’t hamstrung before the season even started by not being able to have a full 30-man squad on the books, or recruit properly for the positions they needed to cover. They weren’t hamstrung by being forced to do a half’s worth of defensive work in the first 15 mins, off the back of a couple of bull**** nothing penalties - that the Tigers made the most of, but shouldn’t have been handed on a platter to begin with! Here boys, have an 8-nil lead for no outlay of effort, thanks for coming! See what happened to Newcastle on the weekend? They got a pasting as well, and some clangers by the officialdom that contributed to that, just like in Manly’s game.

Yet I’m still seeing Kalyn Ponga being talked up all over the place - how much ‘pride’ do you reckon that kid has in the Newcastle jersey? How much ‘pride’ do you reckon Cronk or Tedesco have in the Roosters jersey? How much ‘pride’ do you reckon Foran or Woods have in the Bulldogs jersey? Hunt in the Dragons, or Bird in the Broncos? How about Jimmy Maloney, who’s apparently on fire at the moment, and has played for every club under the sun? Reckon he’s got a burning desire to win it for Penrith? Whatever!

The irony is, if there’s any shred of loyalty to a club left anywhere in the competition, it’d be the Trbojevic brothers. But they’re **** and have no pride and aren’t trying, apparently.

Their mercenaries don’t have any more pride, resilience, whatever else you want to call it, than our mercenaries do. Pride in the jersey is a dead concept; any of these guys who make it to NRL level are competitive and want to win, or else they wouldn’t be there - there are plenty who don’t make it.

The difference is, the opposition mercenaries weren’t hamstrung before the season even started by not being able to have a full 30-man squad on the books, or recruit properly for the positions they needed to cover. They weren’t hamstrung by being forced to do a half’s worth of defensive work in the first 15 mins, off the back of a couple of bull**** nothing penalties - that the Tigers made the most of, but shouldn’t have been handed on a platter to begin with! Here boys, have an 8-nil lead for no outlay of effort, thanks for coming! See what happened to Newcastle on the weekend? They got a pasting as well, and some clangers by the officialdom that contributed to that, just like in Manly’s game.

Yet I’m still seeing Kalyn Ponga being talked up all over the place - how much ‘pride’ do you reckon that kid has in the Newcastle jersey? How much ‘pride’ do you reckon Cronk or Tedesco have in the Roosters jersey? How much ‘pride’ do you reckon Foran or Woods have in the Bulldogs jersey? Hunt in the Dragons, or Bird in the Broncos? How about Jimmy Maloney, who’s apparently on fire at the moment, and has played for every club under the sun? Reckon he’s got a burning desire to win it for Penrith? Whatever!

The irony is, if there’s any shred of loyalty to a club left anywhere in the competition, it’d be the Trbojevic brothers. But they’re **** and have no pride and aren’t trying, apparently.
How much pride do match winning ex players from other clubs like Maloney has for Penrith ? Probably as much pride as an ex Parra player that captained our team to a premiership win in Jamie Lyon
How much pride does an ex player have ? As much as he embraces his new team .
2011+NRL+Grand+Final+Sea+Eagles+v+Warriors+ziu3z7vZspdl.jpg

And ... this team with no resilience ... and knackered from a 25% possession rate ... managed to restrict the world's greatest team to only 6 points in the second half ... whilst scoring 12 themselves ...

PSS I fear you are wasting your time Yoka, I am yet to see any fact or logic dent the plastic covering on the fortune cookie ....

And ... this team with no resilience ... and knackered from a 25% possession rate ... managed to restrict the world's greatest team to only 6 points in the second half ... whilst scoring 12 themselves ...

PSS I fear you are wasting your time Yoka, I am yet to see any fact or logic dent the plastic covering on the fortune cookie ....

I probably should’ve clarified what I said earlier about “if you’ve competed in sport” that I meant *proper* sports, not oiling yourself up and wandering around in your undies...

How much pride do match winning ex players from other clubs like Maloney has for Penrith ? Probably as much pride as an ex Parra player that captained our team to a premiership win in Jamie Lyon
How much pride does an ex player have ? As much as he embraces his new team .
View attachment 8068

That doesn’t illustrate what you think it does. Winning a premiership is the end goal for any NRL player. Very few would give a rats arse what jersey they wear while doing it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8