Parker's concussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It’s this 100% committed line running that has helped make our left hand side attack so dangerous this year… I’ve always been concerned that Parker is a little one dimensional (straight lines, and his ball carrying style precludes off-loads and fends which makes him vulnerable to getting smashed every_single_time he runs the ball) but his absolute commitment to that line, with the threat of Tommy looping around or staying inside or the long pass to Garrick as yet another option keeps defensive units guessing until the pass is thrown: and by then it’s often too late to react effectively.

It takes insane bravery to run that line in the full knowledge that 9 out of 10 times you’re going to get hammered, but every time you do this it creates doubt in the defence that inevitably leads to bad reads and points leaking.

He’s a tough lad with a HUGE heart and personifies what Manly are, in many ways!
So so true - great post

It’s this 100% committed line running that has helped make our left hand side attack so dangerous this year… I’ve always been concerned that Parker is a little one dimensional (straight lines, and his ball carrying style precludes off-loads and fends which makes him vulnerable to getting smashed every_single_time he runs the ball) but his absolute commitment to that line, with the threat of Tommy looping around or staying inside or the long pass to Garrick as yet another option keeps defensive units guessing until the pass is thrown: and by then it’s often too late to react effectively.

It takes insane bravery to run that line in the full knowledge that 9 out of 10 times you’re going to get hammered, but every time you do this it creates doubt in the defence that inevitably leads to bad reads and points leaking.

He’s a tough lad with a HUGE heart and personifies what Manly are, in many ways!
Perspective time

I appreciate what you are saying players bravely hitting the ball up into a wall like defence and there are much smaller and lighter players than Parker that put their bodies on the line that do not get concussed as much and get carried off the field either .

smaller and lighter players than Parker that put their bodies on the line that do not get concussed as much and get carried off the field either .
Smaller and lighter players impact the chest area of the defenders, Brad is big enough that heads collide, and simple physics tells us that 105kg travelling at 25kph will have a larger collision than 85kg at the same velocity, and, as far as I can remember, Brad walked off, not carried off.

Smaller and lighter players impact the chest area of the defenders, Brad is big enough that heads collide, and simple physics tells us that 105kg travelling at 25kph will have a larger collision than 85kg at the same velocity, and, as far as I can remember, Brad walked off, not carried off.
The resilient smaller and lighter players still have a big weight disadvantage

Off the field and not being able to play is off the field any way you look at it

no entiendo, what on earth do you mean.
It means we are on a different page on this post

Although we are all passionate Manly people We all have different views and philosophies and sometimes it is best to agree to disagree than go around in circles .

We all hope Suli plays hungry as well
A hungry Suli is capable of breaking the line and eating up plenty metres
He is also capable of hitting players and breaking them in half with his big frame
An in form Suli is a Knock out player .
Bring on the raiders .
On Parker , He has had a few sickening concussions and maybe he should modify the way he runs at the defence as he seems to have a tendency to slip down into tackles .
Suli will be a good player for the dragons, with that money we should find a decent fullback replacement when turbo is injured. I think moving garrick from the wing weakens the attack a fair bit.

Suli will be a good player for the dragons, with that money we should find a decent fullback replacement when turbo is injured. I think moving garrick from the wing weakens the attack a fair bit.
Unless Suli pulls his finger out and gets out of his comfort zone he wont be good value to any one

It is time for Suli to prove that he is worth the 500k because as you say that type of money can be better invested by our club

Garrick has had a few good games at Fullback from memory and I like the way his confidence is building and his game is improving .

Perspective time

I appreciate what you are saying players bravely hitting the ball up into a wall like defence and there are much smaller and lighter players than Parker that put their bodies on the line that do not get concussed as much and get carried off the field either .
Yawn zzzzzzzzzz

Perspective time

I understand what your getting at, and the simplest example is Brian To’o: he gets hammered and gets up every time like it ain’t no thang lol…. But that’s a testimony as to different strengths and weaknesses in people in general. In all my years of front row I took countless hit ups and got battered mercilessly but only once got knocked out (I got twisted in a tackle at speed and fell backwards onto an accidental knee I’m told!) whereas other guys that were bigger than me got knocked out almost regularly….

That cold shoulder to the chin that Scorpio wore would have knocked almost anyone out: it’s not incidental contact that is causing the issue it’s severe blows to the head that are knocking him out.

Another factor is that you get conditioned to taking heavy blows and brace for them, you tuck your chin and use your whole body to absorb the impact and ensure that they take as much if not more than you do: you can’t do this at a flat out sprint because you want to be accelerating into the contact with power instead of having no “torque” left to use against the defence.

Brad hits the line at full speed and in a straight line and is relatively easy pickings for a heavy hitter: imagine if he played against Steve Matai?? It wouldn’t be concussion being the the worry, it would be finding the pieces that went missing in the explosion lol…

Bags Parker for being slow, getting knocked out, etc. pumps Walker's & Suli's tyres up conveniently ignoring time spent off field due to breaking laws & injuries, hides behind "having different standards & expectations" LOL!

Yep thats what happens when you get knocked out . Have you ever been knocked out feathered friend ?
I have.

It also happens when I see your constant bagging of a proud club player in Brad Parker while continually championing blokes who can't stay on the field due to overeating, getting injured & having anger management issues.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8