Owners vs management vs players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Are we one win from turning everything around ? (I think not)

There is a lot of blaming towards Des ,Dce ,the current second rate line up.

Having no established Hooker shouldn't really surprise anyone ,let alone us tragics !

What year did Blake Green leave and they never filled that 5/8 position either ?

No other teams self sabotage by not fielding complete spines .

Is this a Penn issue ?

Who goes into a new season with one from two halves or no hookers or no decent back ups to important positions such as fullback ??.

Using what we already are paying for rather than going out and buying fresh ????

Something is rotten .And unfortunately the hen house has been stinking since the takeover.

Sh1t decision after sh1t decision...

Toovey, Green, Api, Hasler, Foran, AFB... and they are just off the top of my head...

we have been a sh1tshow for longer than my boy has been alive and he is 7...

Toovey was making finals despite being internally undermined and our club has not stopped sinking since - the smokescreen created by a few decent wins and a bunch of wins against other sh1t teams has just papered over the cracks...

Sh1t decision after sh1t decision...

Toovey, Green, Api, Hasler, Foran, AFB... and they are just off the top of my head...

we have been a sh1tshow for longer than my boy has been alive and he is 7...

Toovey was making finals despite being internally undermined and our club has not stopped sinking since - the smokescreen created by a few decent wins and a bunch of wins against other sh1t teams has just papered over the cracks...
The two photos of Toovey spring to mind, one on field with all the players circles around him. And two the dressing sheds photo his last hurrah.

I think both Tyfuna and Harpo would be more competent fullbacks than Walker so there are options in the squad, but DESpicable won't admit his mistakes.
There is no shame in trying something that doesn't work; there is shame when you continue to make the same mistake because of your ego.

I think both Tyfuna and Harpo would be more competent fullbacks than Walker so there are options in the squad, but DESpicable won't admit his mistakes.
There is no shame in trying something that doesn't work; there is shame when you continue to make the same mistake because of your ego.
Said it elsewhere mate, it’s only a mistake if you don’t learn from it. Des seems to have learnt nothing. I’d like to say I’m looking forward to team list Tuesday, but seriously what’s the point. We know the team that will be named. And why I’m on that don’t bother with any ducks n drakes Des, it’s old. If you’re gonna make changes just name the changes in the team list. I’m not going to name my 17 as it’s mostly like others post. I’ve just read so many posts with lists now that they are becoming as old as Des’s tactics. And the process seems pointless. For me the season starts in round 6 and we start 0-5. My attitude will change closer to game day but gee it’s a sad state of affairs at the moment. Perhaps I need a break from this place for a bit too. Lol

Said it elsewhere mate, it’s only a mistake if you don’t learn from it. Des seems to have learnt nothing. I’d like to say I’m looking forward to team list Tuesday, but seriously what’s the point. We know the team that will be named. And why I’m on that don’t bother with any ducks n drakes Des, it’s old. If you’re gonna make changes just name the changes in the team list. I’m not going to name my 17 as it’s mostly like others post. I’ve just read so many posts with lists now that they are becoming as old as Des’s tactics. And the process seems pointless. For me the season starts in round 6 and we start 0-5. My attitude will change closer to game day but gee it’s a sad state of affairs at the moment. Perhaps I need a break from this place for a bit too. Lol
Titans will absolutely pants us in r6...

I tried to find positives about the shock release of AFB who still had a contract at Manly....the big bloke has been killing it and about the best front rower in the game after 3 rounds.
Always gives 100% on the paddock and regardless of apparently being on the nose at Manly in 2020, was still our best forward even then and is more competitive than most we have today....
Maybe he made the right choice and the problem was more the club, because the players and coaching staff at NZ seem to like him and most importantly, what he brings every week where it counts- on the field...

Titans will absolutely pants us in r6...
Unless we provide a ruse.....
Invite them on a wine tasting tour in Mudgee on the Friday before the match. As much free wine as they can consume, with the Penns picking up the tab. Hopefully they will all be suffering hangovers when they take the field.
My only worry about that plan is that our incompetent owners will mix up the dates and invite them on the wine tour after the match!

Unless we provide a ruse.....
Invite them on a wine tasting tour in Mudgee on the Friday before the match. As much free wine as they can consume, with the Penns picking up the tab. Hopefully they will all be suffering hangovers when they take the field.
My only worry about that plan is that our incompetent owners will mix up the dates and invite them on the wine tour after the match!
I like it, a real caper by the sound of it!

I tried to find positives about the shock release of AFB who still had a contract at Manly....the big bloke has been killing it and about the best front rower in the game after 3 rounds.
Always gives 100% on the paddock and regardless of apparently being on the nose at Manly in 2020, was still our best forward even then and is more competitive than most we have today....
Maybe he made the right choice and the problem was more the club, because the players and coaching staff at NZ seem to like him and most importantly, what he brings every week where it counts- on the field...
Can 't see any positives at all in losing a player of AFB calibre , just that the remaining props can take up enough of the slack and think that they largely have but still a big void to compensate for . Think that Sipley can be a real asset and hope that he gets a run this Thursday . The props seem to be largely doing their job this season [ except when Marty has a few lapses ] problem seems to be then with lack of effective follow up play and execution , Foz and Schuster are trying to improve matters there , Tom certainly should and just really hope that D C E can also then follow suit .

Any other club would have gotten at least a young gun in return for AFB (The best prop in the game ),our professional wheeler dealers got SFA. o_Oo_Oo_O

Whoever decided that we could go into the season with Croker as first option Hooker should be sacked. They clearly have no idea about the modern game or talent. I don't believe Des has much of a say in recruitment (though could be wrong).
Des controls EVERYTHING re football. Everything.That’s who he is.And that was the gripe at Canterbury.

The salary cap is fully paid for by the NRL these days, not the Penns.
We suffer a bit in terms of 3rd party deals but other than the top two or three so does everyone else. There are a lot of reasons for the haves and have nots in this comp but Des controls the show in terms of personnel they re-sign and chase for the top 30. Look at a few he has re- signed if you want to see the problem.

Last edited:
The Penn's have one responsibility ... to fund the team to the level of best Industry standards .. thats it ! ... If they can't or won't do that then they should sell to someone who will .. and that includes providing office furniture ... what a disgrace ...

They are doing no-one any favours running the place on a shoestring budget .. including themselves. I concede they have opened the purse a to bit fund Dessie's extra staff .. but I wonder how long that will last ... wasn't the reason they originally fell out was that Penn wanted to rain in Dessie's spending?

They knew nothing about running a football club the day before they bought it ... and they knew nothing about running a football club the day after they bought it .. just get good people in place and let them do their jobs ..

Last edited:
The Penn's have one responsibility ... to fund the team to the level of best Industry standards .. thats it !

They knew nothing about running a football club the day before they bought it ... and they knew nothing about running a football club the day after they bought it ..

That can't be true. Surely they read ST..?

In the past 6 seasons we have missed the finals 4 times, with 3 different coaches. We also had a significant cleanout of players and staff in that period too. And yet right now we are running last.

I think it is safe to say that our issues don't start and end with the coach and players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8