Our Biggest Point of PRIDE* under threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Spot on Budgie

This team does not identify with Manly at all, so it will be a matter of going through the motions the rest of this year until we run a predictable 11th or 12th.

This is their chance to prove something to all of us, but do they really care?. They got paid and have plenty of excuses.

NYEagle
Sadly , the skipper and the obvious 3 or 4 are the only ones with maroon & white running through their veins , the rest are there for a pay packet.

Do they care ???

Not sure in the answer to that , from the look on their faces after a loss I’m not sure many actually do.

Go back 20 years we were coming out of the NE debacle, hadn’t played finals in 5 years and had Peter Sharp as coach. Five years later we beat a team over the salary cap by a record margin in the GF.

We’ve been in worse places and a lot can happen in only a few years.

Go back 20 years we were coming out of the NE debacle, hadn’t played finals in 5 years and had Peter Sharp as coach. Five years later we beat a team over the salary cap by a record margin in the GF.

We’ve been in worse places and a lot can happen in only a few years.
We are in a downward trajectory.

until, dare I say, the arrival of the Penns, we have never been reliant of one player. We've had an ethos which has now completely disappeared.

I think the rot set in with the spiteful sacking of Tooves. It was there that the Penn family really showed their colours: it's about us, not the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.
I haven't given up on this year, and there's no reason to give up on next year.

I agree Manly is handicapped by our current ownership structure, but I can see a team overcoming that to win a premiership. Especially a team that has a few champion players in it.

Just on the point about Manly never relying on one player... most of our sides back in the golden years were stacked with wall to wall internationals. And our most recent premiership winning 'dynasty' showed how much we did rely on one player, Snake, to go all the way. 2008 and 2011 he was there and we win, 2009 and 2010 he was not and we didn't.

I'm still curious to see what Seibold can make of this opportunity to develop a Turbo-less team and the other 29 players.

I agree Manly is handicapped by our current ownership structure, but I can see a team overcoming that to win a premiership. Especially a team that has a few champion players in it.

Just on the point about Manly never relying on one player... most of our sides back in the golden years were stacked with wall to wall internationals. And our most recent premiership winning 'dynasty' showed how much we did rely on one player, Snake, to go all the way. 2008 and 2011 he was there and we win, 2009 and 2010 he was not and we didn't.

I'm still curious to see what Seibold can make of this opportunity to develop a Turbo-less team and the other 29 players.
I don't think Rugby League is like other sports where you have a few champion players in it (where the other players are crap) and expect them to deliver a title. The spine is just as important as the role players in the club. Our sport has a lot of injuries, its not like Soccer, Basketball, where the injuries are less frequent.

I truly hope you are right. I hope this motley bunch rise up and prove us all wrong. Even if they make 8th I will consider that a positive and something to build on.

Anything less it will prove how downright pathetic they all are. The reality is that this team is what we have -Turbo playing is a bonus not a right for future years. Miss the eight and let’s wheel this bunch out and start again.

Let’s add up all the remaining salaries - how much is Penn paying them them in total this year?.

Now it’s time to shut up and roll out the evidence over the next 11 weeks. Exhibit A please……

NYEagle

Let’s add up all the remaining salaries - how much is Penn paying them them in total this year?.
If you mean players - Penn is paying them not a single cent. The NRL gives the clubs money to cover the full salary cap. Plus other money as well to go towards the cost of running the teams.

Ok maybe I should have said distributed. Anyway, how much does the team minus Turbo get this year for their efforts?. Any idea?

NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12