Our Biggest Point of PRIDE* under threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I was lucky enough that my first game of Rugby League was going to the 1972 Grand Final. Been supporting winners ever since that day. And what a wonderful ride it has been with a Premiership every decade ever since that beautiful day when I fell in love with the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

A Premiership EVERY DECADE since the Seventies.

No other team has managed this and it's now worse than under threat: it seems an impossibility.

I know that today we're all focused on the loss of Tom, but until, dare I say, the arrival of the Penns, we have never been reliant of one player. We've had an ethos which has now completely disappeared.

I think the rot set in with the spiteful sacking of Tooves. It was there that the Penn family really showed their colours: it's about us, not the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

Since then, what have we had? Barrett, the letting go of proud Manly junior Gutho, the ridiculous Fultons experiment of mining Western Sydney for the dross left over from the Panthers, Eels, and Tigers, a completely unbalanced cap, God only knows how many CEOs, the failed return of Hasler, the Pride jersey debacle, and now a team full of lazy bastards who give up when they can't just give the ball to poor bloody Tom in the vague hope of getting magic from nothing. And then there's the appointment of a proud Spoon winning coach as our saviour.

We are a rabble. And it's so bloody depressing.

2023 is gone as a premiership possibility. I dare say, so is 2024 and 2025 given our coach and roster.

The question is how do we win a premiership by 2029. Can we?

* I used the word Pride deliberately because we have none of any colour.

I want to give you a thumbs
I was lucky enough that my first game of Rugby League was going to the 1972 Grand Final. Been supporting winners ever since that day. And what a wonderful ride it has been with a Premiership every decade ever since that beautiful day when I fell in love with the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

No other team has managed this and it's now worse than under threat: it seems an impossibility.

I know that today we're all focused on the loss of Tom, but until, dare I say, the arrival of the Penns, we have never been reliant of one player. We've had an ethos which has now completely disappeared.

I think the rot set in with the spiteful sacking of Tooves. It was there that the Penn family really showed their colours: it's about us, not the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

Since then, what have we had? Barrett, the letting go of proud Manly junior Gutho, the ridiculous Fultons experiment of mining Western Sydney for the dross left over from the Panthers, Eels, and Tigers, a completely unbalanced cap, God only knows how many CEOs, the failed return of Hasler, the Pride jersey debacle, and now a team full of lazy bastards who give up when they can't just give the ball to poor bloody Tom in the vague hope of getting magic from nothing. And then there's the appointment of a proud Spoon winning coach as our saviour.

2023 is gone as a premiership possibility. I dare say, so is 2024 and 2025 given our coach and roster.

I want to give you a thumbs up and a thumbs down but more importantly a hug. I will not say we will get through this soon, who knows if we will but while there are Dragons, Eels, Tigers, bulldogs around, there is hope.

The Storm keeps Cam Smith, Slater around the club as a succession plan of sort in order to maintain what Bellyache has built.
We need to do the same, by making Tooves,Orford,Brett Stewart and co the cornerstone of our club. Bringing in Seibold / Barrett has set the club back years.

Thought this was going to be about getting hold of a parramatta wooden spoon
Predicted that response but clubs actually get over wooden spoons. Rate is the kind of Premiership record we currently have. And Premierships are waaaaay harder.

Pride is a Key word here
What does pride really mean ?

PRIDE...
a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired:

The greatest pleasure and greatest achievement is to live up to out Legendary clubs Benchmark of premiership winning supreme greatness

The Truth is We have been Greatly deprived of our Manly Maroon Pride

A message to all at the club who think that they are doing their best ..

IT IS NOT ENOUGH THAT WE DO OUR BEST
WE MUST DO WHAT IS REQUIRED
Winston Churchill

Live up to this or Just leave and let some one else more capable to do the job !
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Lot more then just ownership factors or coaching influences in allowing for success . Some clubs have natural advantages with Panthers and even still the Broncs and their vast junior nurseries , Storm and Roosters [ and probably still Broncs ] with their enhanced T P A 's or other inducements . The Gutho situation has been analyzed ad nauseam , just unfortunate that the Taupu and Walker experiment did not get the best results as a trade off and Turbo 's disaster injury prone career to date . Quality and even match winning prop in A F B , Manise Fainu only having limited Manly careers when if they had been available and playing to their best level along with Turbo 's expected availability over time could have made a huge difference on the premiership front . Personally would not swap Oloaka - atu . Paseka , Koula , Saab and on hopeful indications Latu and Samual Fainu with any other personal from other clubs and just incidental that they hail from western Sydney. D C E has been playing some outstanding footy recently but consistently well at a high level in club footy for many seasons now hardly and has not helped one bit also . Footy Gods have just not been kind to Manly for some time now but same has applied to many other clubs as well . Them are the breaks , can only hope for a change of luck and better outcomes in future times , not much alternate really

7 years still to run, a touch premature a worry here
What have we done in the last 12?

Gould had a five year plan for the (then) hapless Penny Panthers. How long did that take?

Put it this way, the Tigers haven't made the finals for over ten years, are we really any better?, probably not

What have we done in the last 12?
What ever we have done is not good enough !

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and we dont stand for anything Great !

Time to Deliver !!!
Deliver or Depart and let some one more capable do the job

The Sea Eagles have made the finals 10 years in a row but are yet to ...

Spot on Budgie

This team does not identify with Manly at all, so it will be a matter of going through the motions the rest of this year until we run a predictable 11th or 12th.

This is their chance to prove something to all of us, but do they really care?. They got paid and have plenty of excuses.

NYEagle

We made a prelim final 2 years ago....
Comparing our feats with a Mediocre club like the Tigers is not a Great Feat

Our Great feat to fame once again is to live up to our Legendary clubs Bench mark of Premiership Winning Supreme

Lower our Legendary clubs Great standards and we dont stand for anything Great

I am pretty sure we are were absolutely up $hit creek circa 2000/1/2/3..... an absolute rabble.
Yet 4 years later we were beatin in a GF by a crocker high shot and a salary cap rort. And in 2008 we won a premiership.

So chill out. It is mid-season 2023. We have a new coach, and some good youngsters.

Turbo might not win a premiership with us.... but 6 years is a long time! Have faith.

There is ZERO evidence in the last 60 years that suggest we WON'T win one!

This is their chance to prove something to all of us, but do they really care?. They got paid and have plenty of excuses.

NYEagle
They do care
The question is are they capable ?
As for Excuses ....
Excuses are reasons for Incompetence

Lot more then just ownership factors or coaching influences in allowing for success . Some clubs have natural advantages with Panthers and even still the Broncs and their vast junior nurseries , Storm and Roosters [ and probably still Broncs ] with their enhanced T P A 's or other inducements . The Gutho situation has been analyzed ad nauseam , just unfortunate that the Taupu and Walker experiment did not get the best results as a trade off and Turbo 's disaster injury prone career to date . Quality and even match winning prop in A F B , Manise Fainu only having limited Manly careers when if they had been available and playing to their best level along with Turbo 's expected availability over time could have made a huge difference on the premiership front . Personally would not swap Oloaka - atu . Paseka , Koula , Saab and on hopeful indications Latu and Samual Fainu with any other personal from other clubs and just incidental that they hail from western Sydney. D C E has been playing some outstanding footy recently but consistently well at a high level in club footy for many seasons now hardly and has not helped one bit also . Footy Gods have just not been kind to Manly for some time now but same has applied to many other clubs as well . Them are the breaks , can only hope for a change of luck and better outcomes in future times , not much alternate really
Good point, 0 premierships in the Penn ownership era. I think it's a big part of the drought.

I am pretty sure we are were absolutely up $hit creek circa 2000/1/2/3..... an absolute rabble.
Yet 4 years later we were beatin in a GF by a crocker high shot and a salary cap rort. And in 2008 we won a premiership.

So chill out. It is mid-season 2023. We have a new coach, and some good youngsters.

Turbo might not win a premiership with us.... but 6 years is a long time! Have faith.

There is ZERO evidence in the last 60 years that suggest we WON'T win one!
Passionate and proud Manly people dont chill as they have Maroon blood boiling through their veins

All passionate and proud Manly People have been here and we will be here always
and as always we will see the Mediocre ones leave our club to be replaced by Magnificent premiership Manly winners

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12