1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more year Killer?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Top End Eagle, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +949 / 40
    Since moving to 6 he has been superb. Do we need to buy anyone since there isn't a lot of talent available. Can we wait and see what comes of Hynes Cust or Wright? Was the fact he wasn't getting good ball at centre the reason he felt out of touch. Would be good experience with Matai and Snake looking like they won't be around next year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Manly should put him on that special. NRL contract that Minnie had at the Rorters in 2013 @:cool:

Minimal Cap with huge TPA component

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Yeah I'd have him play another year he deserves it, he and DCE have a great combo. But my understanding is Green is all but signed with us which is great. He won't be staying but I'd love if he did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    I have mentioned this also, i think #6 can at least give him one more year, possibly 2 depending on how he feels.

Lyon can hold his own, he just doesn't have the speed of young centres these days, but his footy smarts is unmatched and is what we need at 5/8.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Killer deserves the right to call it when he feels it's time. To be honest it's been an honour to have him play for so long for Manly.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see him go round for one more season at 5/8, where we can utilize that great football mind...

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    Please tell me if Manly have had a better, more loyal, skilled player than Killer. I have nothing but praise for this guy. His work ethic and leadership is almost impossible to replace. Lucky we have Jake to take the reins.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  7. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,633 / 113
    For a player of Lyons class. You never say never.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Yes. One more season at 5/8th for Killer please

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +949 / 40
    How's that get a dummy spit? Fat fingers on an iPhone? Or is it because @Rex is being a hypocrite and admitting that a god truly walks amongst us and he comes from Wee Waa

• Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1
  10. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    Sorry @Rex my bad.

Fat fingers!!

Deleted

11. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    To try and make this happen would be the best move this administration has made.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,342 / 51
    The only person I would say is Cliffy Lyons. He is my all time favourite with Killer not far behind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    No probs mjb. Scrolling down on my tablet I accidentally hit the troll icon all the time. I'll have to learn to scroll left-handed so everyone gets likes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    Would like to see Jamie reach 300 nrl games, he will only do that this year if he plays all remaining games as well as us playing 1 finals game. Would be such a shame retiring on 299 nrl games, he deserves so much more

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I'd love it too but I see shades of BK in 06 when people were saying 'why are you retiring? You are playing so well' and he replied 'because I know it's about to end, I can get myself up for it every week, but if I was going around for another year or two the grind would wear me down'.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ricardo

ricardo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 70
    Who's good at photoshop?

image.jpeg

17. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    I think after some poor early performances he thought it was best to get out with some dignity and his reputation intact. But in this team his experience and guile since moving to 5/8 has been a god send and his form has risen accordingly. Sure we're 2-3 with Killer at pivot, but 2 of those losses were to the Sharks and Cowboys (who we pushed to the limit), and against Canberra we were right in the game until both Killer and DCE went off injured.

Its up to him of course but as a 5/8 Killer could easily get another NRL season out of those well traveled old legs (remember that only 2-3 weeks before he announced his retirement he was saying in the papers that he wanted to go on for another year here). It would also solve the problem of searching for a 5/8 with not many decent ones on the market. However, there are a few who come off contract at the end of 2017.....

Has anyone else noticed that since Killer moved to pivot, DCE's form has also started to get better and better? Hardly a coincidence IMO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    The trouble is we have already found a 5/8th in Green.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Active Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 13
    Jamie is the only one that can answer that question. I would say he made up his mind a while ago lets just enjoy the memories and the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    If he is willing to take a massive pay cut and play exclusively 5/8 then yes.
    One more Year!!!