One more year Killer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would like to see Jamie reach 300 nrl games, he will only do that this year if he plays all remaining games as well as us playing 1 finals game. Would be such a shame retiring on 299 nrl games, he deserves so much more
Agreed 100% MissKate, but Jamie is the sort of bloke that wouldn't care about that I reckon.
He probably does not even realise that is the case.

This would be Killer's call.

He could definitely play another year at 6. But remember this would mean one more pre-season and another year of the physical punishment that comes with playing first grade.

I think he's just had enough. He's tired and his body has said that's all.

As disappointed as we are, let him go. Thanks for the memories Jamie.

This would be Killer's call.

He could definitely play another year at 6. But remember this would mean one more pre-season and another year of the physical punishment that comes with playing first grade.

I think he's just had enough. He's tired and his body has said that's all.

As disappointed as we are, let him go. Thanks for the memories Jamie.
To quote Killer himself, he is a full time golfer who plays Rugby League on the side. I too would love him to stay on at 5/8th for one more year, but in his heart he has left the building.

All good things come to an end and would rather him leave while he still can perform at the NRL level. If the same thing happened to him as watching B.Stewart this year it would be hard to take.

It took a positional shift, to a position he himself said, he didn't want to play, to bring some much needed form. He's physically not up to playing centre, but at 5/8 he uses his wealth of experience, in the form of guile, & it's been extremely impressive. If he was still playing 3/4, we'd definitely be talking retirement.

The feel of either Lyon or the speculated Lolahea at 5/8 has a far more exciting feel than Green for 2017....tbh don't think Green is terrible or great...simply average & in such a key position as 5/8, really think getting it right will be critical.

The feel of either Lyon or the speculated Lolahea at 5/8 has a far more exciting feel than Green for 2017....tbh don't think Green is terrible or great...simply average & in such a key position as 5/8, really think getting it right will be critical.
No idea if we want Lolohea, or even if he is available, but if he was we would use him out wide, at least for the first year or two.

I've always respected killers attitude as a player.Has been our most influential player the last 10 years.But I'm not sure he'll have it in him to run around another season & he knows it.

As seen this season, DCE needs an established 5/8th to be able to do his thing. No doubt in my mind Lolohea has bags of potential and what a great backline player to work with Tom (imagine defenses trying to single out either of those two) but he needs time to develop his skills a bit more. He would be centre, wing or fb for us before he ends up in the halves.

Very big long shot he would end up with us in any case and at the price we got Green for (assuming we have signed him) i'm happy with that decision given that Lyon will be hanging up the boots

As seen this season, DCE needs an established 5/8th to be able to do his thing. No doubt in my mind Lolohea has bags of potential and what a great backline player to work with Tom (imagine defenses trying to single out either of those two) but he needs time to develop his skills a bit more. He would be centre, wing or fb for us before he ends up in the halves.

Very big long shot he would end up with us in any case and at the price we got Green for (assuming we have signed him) i'm happy with that decision given that Lyon will be hanging up the boots

DCE's improved form is due to a much improved forward pack, who have lifted in a big way these past few games - have been playing tip on's, offloads & 2nd phase which Lolahea would thrive on.....this is where Manly have made the most noise - in the middle....Lyon has impressed at 5/8, but Lolahea off the back of these big men with his quick feet & agility would create carnage imo. Thurston or any other quality half would have struggled early season behind a pack that was simply over powered by the opposition, not just DCE - allowing no momentum in attack & constantly on the back foot defensively. Yes i rate Lyon , but the change has been on the back of our forwards - not the Lyon King.

DCE's improved form is due to a much improved forward pack, who have lifted in a big way these past few games - have been playing tip on's, offloads & 2nd phase which Lolahea would thrive on.....this is where Manly have made the most noise - in the middle....Lyon has impressed at 5/8, but Lolahea off the back of these big men with his quick feet & agility would create carnage imo. Thurston or any other quality half would have struggled early season behind a pack that was simply over powered by the opposition, not just DCE - allowing no momentum in attack & constantly on the back foot defensively. Yes i rate Lyon , but the change has been on the back of our forwards - not the Lyon King.

You are correct Maxta, but the added shape behind the forwards has been helped a lot by Lyon. It's a combination of both.

Both the team's form and Lyon's turned around remarkably the day he shifted to 5/8th. This instant change could be coincidence. Just not how I'm seeing it. His preference was always in the centres, maybe he doesn't enjoy the limelight, but moving him to 5/8th last time earned us a premiership, and moving him this time has given us some hope of making something of this season.

And he remains our best goal kicker. Who takes over that next season?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6