Obectively what to take from tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Well certainly not the result we were hoping for, but looking at it objectively (not slagging people off) what's the positives to take and where are things going wrong?

The positive for tonight for me were Hodges and Gutherson. Hodges looks like he has some spark, and he made a lot of tackles. Gutho never looks out of place.

I think the effort was there tonight, but our execution is letting us down badly. 2 kicks out on the full, dropped ball. And then also the penalties given away on tackles 4 and 5. These are just killers.

I think poor Jorge is shot mentally, although the break he made was good at the end. But I'd be putting Blair in, or Gutho to wing.

Gutho in for Jorge would be my objective view. :idea:

Playing a bashed up Souths in week 1 should be manageable.
We know it will be at ANZ, so Manly can start preparing the walking wounded ASAP :)

I think that the Cowboys can take the Rorters too in week 1, so go Warriors tomorrow!

It's a tough road from here, most definitely. And we do look shot with injuries, and just some poor form over the last couple of weeks.

We are still in the comp, and where there is life there is hope. No-one won the comp from 9th position.

I do think we look disjointed, earlier and midway through the year the plays in the backline were slick. That seems to have gone missing in recent weeks. Plus we just aren't building pressure with our lack of ball control and this is having a compounding effect.

We are soft up the middle, the sides. We've been in poor shape for 5 weeks. We have only 1 big frontrower, and he is about to retire, and stated publically that he would attend the birth of his next child over and above any GF. Well fair enough, but it means we have little up front go forward.

We have team dissension, players asking for releases, but being denied them. We have mainstays being injured and lack the depth to replace them effectively.
Either we were faking it tonite - which makes no sense, OR WE ARE CRAP.
Our GF was when we played the Woosters, Brookvale mid June. Since then gradual decline.
When does the cricket start. ?

The best thing tonight is there are no further injuries from this game.

We really are lacking punch up front and we are so hesitant on the wings.

I do not understand why our wingers just let bombs bounce. Attack the ball, thats a consistent weakness and has not been addressed since last years grand final.

I would put Gutho on the wing, hes reliable and knows the try line, Tafua is not the player he was last year.

I thought Hodges did well at hooker.

We need to smarten up our ruck defence pronto!!

As said before we'll go out in week 2. just no ticker in this team any more. Very disheartening.

Objectively speaking, it's pretty hard to play good footy when you keep dropping it. That's the good news. We actually don't have to do anything to radical IMO. Just hold onto the ball will make a huge difference. You'd be surprised how much a difference makes to a team when they have at least 50% of possession instead of around 40, how much difference it can make when you make the same amount of tackles instead of nearly 100 more. Objectively speaking we will need to do at least that to beat the Bunnies next week, if we give them 60% of the ball we'll be lucky to stay within 30, but if we do at least break-even with the pill and that goes against any side then it I think that means advantage us.

HappilyManly said:
Gutho in for Jorge would be my objective view. :idea:

Playing a bashed up Souths in week 1 should be manageable.
We know it will be at ANZ, so Manly can start preparing the walking wounded ASAP :)

I think that the Cowboys can take the Rorters too in week 1, so go Warriors tomorrow!

2 vs 3, manly v souths would be at Allianz (moore park), and I think (not certain), that match would be sat night 7:30 start.

Hodges actually did pretty well. Good in defence and sharp passing from dummy half.

Chee Kam did ok, but we need another player who is going to bend the line.

Why did it take 50 minutes for Lui to get on the field?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8