Obectively what to take from tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The 'home ground' is determined by the NRL Guys. :cool:

My guess is that Manly will be shafted and be forced to play at ANZ.
2v intimated as much on the Post Match Video :dodgy:

But Saturday should be the game day.
There will be no need for double headers as the Swans won last night.

Objectively what to take from last night ??

We are screwed,

This week no Ballin/ Ferris/ Snake / BJ and goodness knows who else,

Grubbitohs by 30

Having watched the game this morning (through bleary hung over eyes) as I was out last night there wasn't that much between the teams. The 2nd half was 12 all. Our completions were terrible, our ball handling and kicking were terrible, our attack options and structure were disjointed. We can fix the ball handling/completions but that comes off the back of pressure. We put no pressure on the Cows because our kicking game was non existent. Penalties play a massive role in field position and pressure and again when and where the penalty comes is vital. These are issues we can improve on but the players need to be in the right mindset. That is the bigest issue here. Can we get into the finals mindset. Concentrate on getting the 1% plays right. Complete our sets. Get pressure on the opposition with well placed kicks. Get repeat sets, quick play the balls attract penalties. All these things we are capable of doing. I thought Hodges went well. He has speed. We just need some more line benders by our pigs working out of territory. We can do it but I just don't see that the players have the right mindset to do it.

Hey MickQLD

Given its fresh in your memory, I think that 25 minute period between the 15 and 40 minutes marks was the worst I have seen Manly play all year. Every time they reached halfway they either dropped it or kicked it out, and every time the Cows was on their line they got a penalty so back to half way field position they went.
I would have expected Toovey to have a conservative gameplan, especially in the first half given the Cowboys played Monday night. If Manly had have had 50% of possession in the first half, and within 6 points, they would have won easily in my opinion. Instead they were throwing it around stupidly with no line structure and making errors. The Cowboys were not playing well, and were pretty much ineffective in attack expect for bombs and weight of possession.
It's why I still suspect they may have thrown this game. You can't even make up in your imagination 25 minutes of football that ****ty.

NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7