Game Day: NYC2017 GF - Manly v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Absolutely mate. Some of these guys brought in, and up from the lower grades are pure gold. I honestly think (and I know this is a HUGE call), Fainu is a generational player. Also think Wayne Lambkin brought in from that famous High School was a very smart move. I'd see him as a preferred replacement to Barrett over many others IF (and I hope that's not the case) Barrett decides to go elsewhere one day.

Yeah, I used to go off half cocked about most things in life mate. Learned that it's just not worth it, and I needed to spend much more time riding the flow, than going against it.

For me, the one's to keep (and I say this after only seeing them live maybe 3 times this season, then another 3 times on television):

Parker (given)
Bainbridge (given)
Fainu (must)
Paseka (not sure, was he injured?)
Anderson (can play anywhere)
Funa (probably 1st call up after Parker into the top team)
Wright (hopefully with some defensive work - good replacement for Green one day)
Cust (but we have acquired Metcalf, who is absolutely outstanding, so unsure)
Martin Boys (both)
Andrews (Really good motor)
Tarrant (another must)
Smalley (should be in the mix if Taufua isn't resigned - edges Matt Wright for speed, matches in skill)

LOL, I have almost listed the whole team there anyways. The other guys should also have another few years there and develop.

Our problem is that we can only have a top 30 players ... we already have some good ones. Positions become the deciding factors. For example, If we keep Cust and Tom Wright, can we afford to keep Hastings and Cullen. Anderson is good but we have Turbo etc. Funa is good but we have Parker, Kelly and Walker.

Fainu is a class above, is he patient? Watched him several times and love his work, but I have doubts his current "freestyle" game will work in FG. Having said that he appears to have the talent to adjust.

For mine the lock, #13 seems to be a keeper.

Our problem is that we can only have a top 30 players ... we already have some good ones. Positions become the deciding factors. For example, If we keep Cust and Tom Wright, can we afford to keep Hastings and Cullen. Anderson is good but we have Turbo etc. Funa is good but we have Parker, Kelly and Walker.

Fainu is a class above, is he patient? Watched him several times and love his work, but I have doubts his current "freestyle" game will work in FG. Having said that he appears to have the talent to adjust.

13 played a great GF on sunday.

The final pass that Rothfield claims was forward. Clearly its not and wasn't. I think Buzz was either hitting the turps early yesterday or he had his money on doesn't-matta and has the $hits because he did his dough.

22141162_10155855986219456_4595352944127521398_n.jpg

The final pass that Rothfield claims was forward. Clearly its not and wasn't. I think Buzz was either hitting the turps early yesterday or he had his money on doesn't-matta and has the $hits because he did his dough.

22141162_10155855986219456_4595352944127521398_n.jpg
Walker is clearly off side though.

'Tent' was injured for all the finals series. Bainbridge, I understand, has not been offered a contract (according to some informed posters on here). The big lock forward 'GuacaMole" is a must to retain. He was strong yesterday and scored three tries again Illawarra last week.
These guys are our future. I can't understand why there are so many negative posters on here whinging that these kids will never make it.
What else do you want them to do? They created Manly history yesterday.

Historically only about 4-5 will go on to be "NRL stars" whether at their junior club or another while about the same go on to be more than capable first graders, the other half don't "make it" for any number of reasons.
We don't have to like it or wish it on any of them but it's just the way it seems to be - have a look at most NYC Team of the Year squads and you'll be surprised at the amount of "NYC stars" that are in the where are they now files.

Lock in Parra,s #13 too..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y/news-story/2b42427dacca52199ac949e973de40de

SEA EAGLE PLAYS THROUGH PAIN IN COURAGEOUS GRAND FINAL VICTORY

Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
October 2, 2017 4:00pm

SEA Eagles hooker Manase Fainu played through four weeks of pain in leading his under 20 side to their memorable 20-18 grand final victory over Parramatta on Sunday.

Despite suffering a suspected broken wrist the livewire forward was in the thick of the action for every minute of the young Sea Eagles’ four finals games.

“I did it against Penrith in the last round and when it came to the finals I didn’t want to let the boys down,” Fainu revealed.

“It was hurting but I didn’t show it.

1dc7b1f9c8e8ac2956c85a60d8ca1eab

Manly's Haumole Olakau'atu and Manase Fainu with their premiership trophy. Picture: Brett Costello

“I was supposed to have a scan during the week but I skipped it in case I got ruled out.

“I’ll probably get it done now because there is no game this weekend.”

And he was able throw the pass that sent interchange forward Keith Titmuss over for the try that made the score 18-all with 90 seconds to go.

“I had numbers all around me, I had options all around me,” he said. “I saw a massive hole that someone could go through and let that ball go.

The conversion by centre Tevita Funa secured a fairy tale finish for the underdogs who were wooden spooners last year and just snuck into eighth spot, going into every one of their finals game as rank outsiders.

And on Sunday they again showed their character in clawing their way back from an early 14-0 deficit.

“We thrived off being underdogs, the boys loved it,” said backrower Jesse Martin who made a big impact off the interchange bench.

“We had each other’s backs out there and when it got tough we worked that little bit harder for our mates.”

Halfback Cade Cust was named man of the match and Manly coach Wayne Lambkin nominated impressive fullback Jade Anderson as his player of the finals series.

“He has just been consistently good over four games,” Lambkin said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10