Game Day: NYC2017 GF - Manly v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not really sure from yesterday of any future first graders. Tom wright got undoubted talent but very raw. A few years in nsw cup i say a centre or fullback at nrl level. Hooker the same put in nsw cup see what happens. Other of note young vuna, cust worth a investment.
Just dont see any automatic first graders really need to snag joel thompson

I think there is a crazy feeling on these forums sometimes about the performances of some of our rising stars. There are some quite unrealistic expectations of what are effectively still teenagers. I've seen this in respect of Kelly and now I'm seeing it with Tom Wright. I think we develop expectations of these young players well before they have developed into the players they will become. I read how some kept arguing that Wright should be doing this or doing that. The same applied to Kelly.

These are young players still in developmental stages. They are not champion footballers....yet. But like all young players who have outstanding qualities, they also need time to develop. Lets appreciate the range of skills we see in them that will develop with time and good coaching. I think Tom Wright and Jade Anderson are top class first graders in the making. But they are a few years away yet from being truly class acts. Its just raw talent at present. Same applies to Kelly. There were suggestions that Roberts should come and replace him. Roberts is three years older, has five years first grade experience. As they say Rome wasnt built in a day but if you watch the two players, Roberts certainly has the speed, but to me Kelly has more natural talent.

Lets allow these young players time to develop before we put unrealistic expectations on them. Enjoy them for the moment and of what they could become.
Agree totally. Compare to our boom squad of 07 with dce, foran, jwh, lussick and oldfield. Dont see that many making the grade. But needs to be done over time when there ready. Kelly this year perfect example

Agree totally. Compare to our boom squad of 07 with dce, foran, jwh, lussick and oldfield. Dont see that many making the grade. But needs to be done over time when there ready. Kelly this year perfect example
Outside of Fainu (hard work will see him on the bench in late 2018 or the start of 2019) and Anderson, I like the prop Tarrant, the lock Olakaúatu and Jesse Martin (Martin reminds me of Brown from Parramatta).

Olakaúatu needs to mature physically (not so much in size) in terms of strength and power/speed. I can see a real future for him.

Funa is good, but I don't see him as a centre in first grade.

What a great fightback, what a great team. A bit like the team with JWH, Foran, DCE, Buhrer, Edwards & others we had in it. We need to nurture, and retain these boys, as other teams will be swooping (keep on eye on the Chooks stealing the best players). We have some really speedy outside backs.

Club is looking strong people.

There's quite a decent chunk of those guys who can again run around in the 20's as well.

Number 4, Semisi Kioa was a handful. he runs the ball hard bumping off at least one person each run. Also want to mention that the match winning tryscorer Keith titmuss only turned 17 years old this year, wow

What a great fightback, what a great team. A bit like the team with JWH, Foran, DCE, Buhrer, Edwards & others we had in it. We need to nurture, and retain these boys, as other teams will be swooping (keep on eye on the Chooks stealing the best players). We have some really speedy outside backs.

Club is looking strong people.

There's quite a decent chunk of those guys who can again run around in the 20's as well.

A fair turn around from only just over a year ago when you were lamenting that the world as we knew it was ending ... (not a criticism) ... a fair bit of credit must be given to the "football" Dept. for engineering an amazing turn around in the overall rebuilding of Manly, from the Harold Matt's to FG.

We won't be able to keep all, in fact we may only be able to keep a couple ... which ones ...

Does a win preclude anyone from making a simple observation on our halves off the back of all the talk of our future players in first grade.

Look i understand you also require better structures and more straight running options so that the halves can play straight also, i just didn't see anything special that a million other halves have shown at this level----yes even after an unfair on the players one game viewing.

Cust did a few nice things but other times was way too predictable, could be a decent player with a bit of programming/tweaking if he has that programmable willing to learn mindset.

Wright needs the interchange to go down to 6 or a team that provides ample space and second phase to be half effective, seems to switch off attitude wise also.

Back to talking predictable straight running structured bulllshiit again ,,, maybe a bit of re-programming/tweaking will result in secondphase mindset.

Not really sure from yesterday of any future first graders. Tom wright got undoubted talent but very raw. A few years in nsw cup i say a centre or fullback at nrl level. Hooker the same put in nsw cup see what happens. Other of note young vuna, cust worth a investment.
Just dont see any automatic first graders really need to snag joel thompson
If you check the teams from recent Holden Cup premiers - ie Canberra, the 'Riff and Worriers - you'll find that 5-6 of them from each team are now playing first grade.

A fair turn around from only just over a year ago when you were lamenting that the world as we knew it was ending ... (not a criticism) ... a fair bit of credit must be given to the "football" Dept. for engineering an amazing turn around in the overall rebuilding of Manly, from the Harold Matt's to FG.

We won't be able to keep all, in fact we may only be able to keep a couple ... which ones ...

Absolutely mate. Some of these guys brought in, and up from the lower grades are pure gold. I honestly think (and I know this is a HUGE call), Fainu is a generational player. Also think Wayne Lambkin brought in from that famous High School was a very smart move. I'd see him as a preferred replacement to Barrett over many others IF (and I hope that's not the case) Barrett decides to go elsewhere one day.

Yeah, I used to go off half cocked about most things in life mate. Learned that it's just not worth it, and I needed to spend much more time riding the flow, than going against it.

For me, the one's to keep (and I say this after only seeing them live maybe 3 times this season, then another 3 times on television):

Parker (given)
Bainbridge (given)
Fainu (must)
Paseka (not sure, was he injured?)
Anderson (can play anywhere)
Funa (probably 1st call up after Parker into the top team)
Wright (hopefully with some defensive work - good replacement for Green one day)
Cust (but we have acquired Metcalf, who is absolutely outstanding, so unsure)
Martin Boys (both)
Andrews (Really good motor)
Tarrant (another must)
Smalley (should be in the mix if Taufua isn't resigned - edges Matt Wright for speed, matches in skill)

LOL, I have almost listed the whole team there anyways. The other guys should also have another few years there and develop.

'Tent' was injured for all the finals series. Bainbridge, I understand, has not been offered a contract (according to some informed posters on here). The big lock forward 'GuacaMole" is a must to retain. He was strong yesterday and scored three tries again Illawarra last week.
These guys are our future. I can't understand why there are so many negative posters on here whinging that these kids will never make it.
What else do you want them to do? They created Manly history yesterday.

Don't forget the other junior team of ours that got robbed on the bell vs Knights. They have another hoppa and turbo plus others.

'Tent' was injured for all the finals series. Bainbridge, I understand, has not been offered a contract (according to some informed posters on here). The big lock forward 'GuacaMole" is a must to retain. He was strong yesterday and scored three tries again Illawarra last week.
These guys are our future. I can't understand why there are so many negative posters on here whinging that these kids will never make it.
What else do you want them to do? They created Manly history yesterday.
I know right! First junior premiership since 1988 against our arch nemesis and were still finding negatives.
I don't think we have the next JT in the squad but some very good first graders for sure.

Actually the more that i think about the Manly's twenties success yesterday , the more it seems such an outstanding and even remarkable effort by the players and coaching staff and taking into account the really massive junior nursery"s and catchment areas that many of the other competition clubs possess . Good examples previously indicated with well performed Manly junior team players such as D C E , Foran , J W H , Lussick , Jamie Buhrer , Oldfield successfully making the transition to i st grade should be encouraging to show that it is more then possible and with the right club management to retain the junior players that do or can make it . No reason why this current group of promising juniors and the one"s who will be good enough , can not progress and have a career with future i st grade Sea Eagle "s sides.

If you check the teams from recent Holden Cup premiers - ie Canberra, the 'Riff and Worriers - you'll find that 5-6 of them from each team are now playing first grade.
Okay see where your coming from. There some talent there BUT expectations on being in starting 17 by round 1 next season not sure. Seeing how brian kelly was bashed from pillar to post when he had no nrl experience was harsh. Its comes down to trent there no doubt we need a centre and couple of forwards to emerge.
Tom is a first grader but its where. Cust to me seems to have ability but unless dce get a career injury we will lose him.

Back to talking predictable straight running structured bulllshiit again ,,, maybe a bit of re-programming/tweaking will result in secondphase mindset.
Well if more teams ran the hard courage straight lines as often as the Storm in all areas of the go forward and attack we would not get the cliche lines from coaches after every loss of "we didn't execute" more like "you did execute, the lacking attention to detail lines you practiced"

Well if more teams ran the hard courage straight lines as often as the Storm in all areas of the go forward and attack we would not get the cliche lines from coaches after every loss of "we didn't execute" more like "you did execute, the lacking attention to detail lines you practiced"

Sorry, I missed that ... could you repeat it for me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8