NRL's predicted results 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think we will finish the regular season 4th and go on to win the comp. My reasons are as follows:

1. We have an inexperienced 2nd season coach with a poor record.
2. We will have around $1 million less talent due to Snake & Skivvy cap exemptions being rejected.
3. We have the worst dummy half in the game.
4. We have a new halves combination.
5 We have a bunch of new players who are journeymen and other club rejects.
6. We still have Nate Myles.

Can't wait, I'm excited. :eek:

Everyone in

Everyone in here is entitled to an opinion. If I dislike a post I will post a dislike, if I agree I will post an agree etc............my point is that all this discouraging stuff has been done to death. What's done is done so let's start getting on board & enjoy the ride with the team we have, whom I'm sure will surprise a lot of pundits!
Yes we all have an opinion, whether we like it or not. And this might be different to yours. I and everyone else here look at things in their own way and come to their own conclusion on what they think will happen.

Take last year for instance, most of us (including myself) thought that Manly would have a stellar year and they would finish way inside the top 8 after their supposedly great recruiting in the off-season. And we all disagreed vehemently with the one or two experts (Matt Elliot comes to mind) who thought that Manly could not make the 8. And it turned out that it was these one or two experts that were closest to the mark.

In the end Manly will finish somewhere in the top 16 and us fans discussing it will not have any bearing on where that will be.

I will still support Manly as strongly as ever regardless of how they go and I just hope that they exceed my expectations and have a great year this year.

Yes we all have an opinion, whether we like it or not. And this might be different to yours. I and everyone else here look at things in their own way and come to their own conclusion on what they think will happen.

Take last year for instance, most of us (including myself) thought that Manly would have a stellar year and they would finish way inside the top 8 after their supposedly great recruiting in the off-season. And we all disagreed vehemently with the one or two experts (Matt Elliot comes to mind) who thought that Manly could not make the 8. And it turned out that it was these one or two experts that were closest to the mark.

In the end Manly will finish somewhere in the top 16 and us fans discussing it will not have any bearing on where that will be.

I will still support Manly as strongly as ever regardless of how they go and I just hope that they exceed my expectations and have a great year this year.

Anyone know where Elliott has placed us this year, he was about the only one who picked it right in 2016 so perhaps he is the guru after all!!

I've said 12th for some time now and will stick to it.

Reasons,

Pretty tough draw, we play more against last years top 8 than we do the bottom 8 ( or other7).

We have a LOT of new players, new combinations to be formed , and we are not even sure which ones will run out in which position yet.

Brookvale isn't the Fortress it used to be!! It may become that way again but right now it's a lottery ( no pun intended).

Some of the other teams around us last year have improved , far more so than us ( on paper of course),

Some of the teams above us won't do as well BUT will probably still have the wood on us, Donkeys and De$'s dogs spring to mind, meaning we get forced down as a result.

We have a bit of backup if injuries strike us but our depth isn't anywhere near as good as many teams.

Now, I'm not a glass half full fan, rather I think this is how it will play out but I'm sure hoping we do a lot better.
We have to have the Xfactor that gets us home in tight games. Turbo,Walker, Green,DCE, Taupau, Sironen and Hastings have huge injury free seasons then those combos get us to the 8

Anyone know where Elliott has placed us this year, he was about the only one who picked it right in 2016 so perhaps he is the guru after all!!

Cant predict injuries to key players. Elliott would not have been so accurate had Manly had a fair shake with injuries. That factor always makes those who win and those who lose a lottery. Based on that premise, Manly will make the 8 if their injury rate is manageable. They'll be as low as last year if its a repeat of the injury toll of '16

16997865_1401562563216699_1286507722747597277_n.jpg

Lets be fair dinkum about 2017... we have a few superstars intermixed with young blokes with something to prove and unwanted fellas by other clubs loyal to us that need to perform or theyre essentially headed to ESL. Thats reality. So in saying that I think if we somehow make the 8 despite that and given how talent laden so many teams are in this fantastic tight comp then Trent deserves a couple more years to make a name for himself as a young coach. Lets just be realistic in our expectations and savour every victory like its our last this year... we're all in it for the long haul so lets see how things pan out. Go u mighty Eagles

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12