NRL's predicted results 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
5th to 10th. 5th if we can keep the same players on the field for most of the year and gel effectively. 10th if we suffer significant injuries to key players and struggle to gel. 13th only if the injury rate is the same as the last two years. My guess is 7-8th if the team gel and enjoy a fair go from the Football Gods regarding injuries.

Reason for 7-8th

1) Last year with such severe injuries, a new coach feeling his way, players playing out of position most of the year and few matches with the same team on the field as the previous week. Yet we still finished 13th.
2. Forget the loss of Lyon, Brett Stewart and Matai. Their impact in 2016 was minimal, except for a slower though reasonably effective Lyon when he was 5/8. Therefore gauge the team we had last year compared to this year. Biggest loss Buhrer and possibly Parcell. Gains this year Kelly, Green, Sironen, Cullen, Hastings, Uate, Lane. All first grade level and young for the most part. The team looks stronger overall and more balanced. Tom T and DCE playing uninjured
3. A much stronger back up team (Blacktown Workers) and therefore better replacements. Also a stronger junior group.
4. The 9s and trials each showed the side wont tend to capitulate like it did in matches last year. It looks tougher in defence. The team looks much faster in the backline, and tougher in the forwards.

This year looks to be a step up and preparation for a 2018-19 assault on the crown.

I look at Teams I think we "should" beat (Dragons, Knights) and I'm thinking 14th. I really hope I'm wrong. For a long time before this "Penn era", I would have been gutted if Manly finished outside the top 4. Sadly, it seems the majority would be happy with making the 8 now. I hate mediocrity. I know every team goes through a rebuild plus the NRL go out of their way to screw Manly but I won't be happy unless Manly are back to their rightful place - which is so successful that we are despised. Just because I'm not happy though, doesn't mean I don't support the Team or Club.

we have a very good shot of making the 8 this year just like 12 other teams.

Injuries will cruel some, we have copped that as bad as any the last 2 years so surely karma has caught up with us already (paybacks a bitch for being so successful) and we are due a decent run for once.

I honestly have no solid foundation on which to say we will not make the 8, the same as I have no foundation for saying we will.

I do however think it will come down to Trent Barrett. He has some pretty handy footballers to play with; Taupau, Tom T, Jake T, DCE, Green, Walker, and co. It will come down to whether he is the real deal or not. It's hard to judge him on 2016 but I think this year will show whether he has it in him or not.

If he does have it in him, then I think we more than have the cattle. If we fail to make the 8, I think it's because he couldn't get the best of the players. It's not going to be a case of sign a few more superstars in the off season and bam! He has a good enough crop of players to make the 8 as it stands.

Last edited:
Careful mate you might get some dislikes (like I did) with this sort of post.
lol thats ok... cant be a yes man from fear of rubbing ppl the wrong way with my opinion lol

Im more than happy to have a different opinion to others here, and get into a discussion over differing views, its a forum lol, im a pretty respectful bloke, happy to hear out anyones opinions wether i agree or not, its what being a footy fans about lol

I do think we can make the top 8 and have personally never gone in for 'expert opinion.

2. Forget the loss of Lyon, Brett Stewart and Matai. Their impact in 2016 was minimal, except for a slower though reasonably effective Lyon when he was 5/8. Therefore gauge the team we had last year compared to this year. Biggest loss Buhrer and possibly Parcell. Gains this year Kelly, Green, Sironen, Cullen, Hastings, Uate, Lane. All first grade level and young for the most part. The team looks stronger overall and more balanced. Tom T and DCE playing uninjured

Bingo!!! A lot of the so-called experts seem to think that we are lame ducks without Killer, Snake and Skivy. But as you said, other than when Killer played 5/8 (and his goal kicking - 50/65), we got virtually nothing from them last year.

My biggest concern for 2017 is Api and his less than satisfactory dummy half passing game (I'm more worried about that than I am about Jorge and Uate being suspect under bombs). I hope he has been working on that during the pre-season.

The 9 is the biggest reason why we MAY struggle. However, who knows how Cullen/Hastings may go if they get a shot... I don't think the rejects you mention will hold us back. You can't have a team of champion players. Just need them in key positions and we now have a very solid 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10 (lussick) (Kapow hopefully) & 13 and maybe another gun in Kelly.. Maybe even another very solid 2nd rower in Siro.. I get the feeling Baz will be so much better for the issues he faced in 2016. The team seems confident and determined.. Just have to wait and see
I see your point, i just think we are a legit top 2 or 3 stars away from a finals team...
Lussick with last years form is great, turbo and marty are both tops too, thats where my confidence ends...
I HOPE sironen will play to his potential, i HOPE myles can not be a useless pr$@k this year, i HOPE api learnt too pass, i HOPE lawrence can play a full season for the first time in years, i HOPE fonua-blake improves on his pretty ok 2016, i HOPE wright/wright/uate arnt useless, i HOPE kelly and parker can become stars
i just think,Looking at this team, esp without steady heads like lyon snake and matai, way too much HOPE is needed for this team...

We have players with ability
We have players with experience
We have players with a point to prove
Most of all and from what I have seen in the trials is that
We have players that play for each other and play to win
We are a top 8 side
11702869_974114305967259_1772068075532184041_n.jpg

lol thats ok... cant be a yes man from fear of rubbing ppl the wrong way with my opinion lol

Im more than happy to have a different opinion to others here, and get into a discussion over differing views, its a forum lol, im a pretty respectful bloke, happy to hear out anyones opinions wether i agree or not, its what being a footy fans about lol
Id agree 10-14.

No way are we a top 8 side this year sadly, in my view.

My prediction is 10-12th finished place.. then another long off season before 2018 where I think we will re enter the finals.

We will improve from last year and be more competitive, we will shock a few of the top 4 sides, but like last year lose some matches which seem we should win.

Both our edge's scare me, roosters absolutely carved us up the 1st opportunity they got in the trial 2 weeks ago.

I would love to see us prove the critics wrong, would be very happy to be proved wrong but just can't see it happening.

Fox League has us at 13th, Panthers / Storm 1 & 2

Sits pretty well with my 12th.

But I'm hoping we do much better.

We need to ignore what others think, we are the only ones who truly know manly, we are the ones who will decide where we will finish. It's all a game of mental strength, a game of belief and we provide that belief.

Those other sides fans and journos predicting 14th is unrealistic and I'll be happy as all hell to prove them wrong.

Great spine, strong fast backs, big, skilful forwards, good depth. Plenty of stars in T Trbo, walker, green, dce, lussick, Taupau, J trbo and AFB. Plenty of potential stars in Kelly, Uate, Sironen, Perrett, Hastings and Cullen. No excuses for failure this year

5th-9th

I had a post a cpl weeks ago using a cricket analogy which was what the cricket experts predicted of the Aussie's chances in India. Which was basically, we won't win, but hopefully we will be more competitive.
Well the Aussie cricket boys thru that thinking out the window the other day!
If we can get a cpl Steve O 'Keefes on the paddock, and a Mitchel Starc, we'll fkn kill it!

We are guaranteed to lose Tom Turbo, Jake Turbo, Dylan Walker and Nate Myles for Origin. That will weaken us....however when they return i expect the team to lift to another level and run strongly in to the finals. Still going with 7th/8th.

Everyone in
Careful mate you might get some dislikes (like I did) with this sort of post.
Everyone in here is entitled to an opinion. If I dislike a post I will post a dislike, if I agree I will post an agree etc............my point is that all this discouraging stuff has been done to death. What's done is done so let's start getting on board & enjoy the ride with the team we have, whom I'm sure will surprise a lot of pundits!

There are several teams in line for a good year due to great roster and/or incredible depth, including Panthers, Storm, Chooks, Raiders, Cows.

Of the rest - we are very competitive.

The problem will be maintaining consistency over a long, long NRL season in which every week requires your best. Our team is neither experienced nor used to playing together.

This is why a strong start is so important. Some momentum could make all the difference.

I like our recruitment and our pre-season form, so I say we'll finish... 7th!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12