NRL jump the shark (blame Brookie)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Simple solution to the so-called time keeping problem at Brookvale...

Build a time keepers box on the front edge of the Jane Try Stand roof. That way they have an unimpeded view of both the field and the refs so they can see when time off and time on has been called.

As for Greenturd......for someone who was basically hand picked for the job, the game has gone backwards since he was appointed. And the sad thing with this prick is that he clearly has an agenda against some teams, especially Manly.

Man this guy spins so much garbage. He lies, covers incidents up, he is biased, he should be in politics, as someone else said. Big Toddy Fartberg, you are a clown. The sooner he gets found out again for lying and gets sacked, the better

Is this newspaper article an April Fool’s Joke …. !!! Please tell me ????

Manly hosting a NRL Semi Final at Brookie if playing against the Cowboys or Melbourne Storm was about to be approved by the NRL, I was told, but someone within the NRL said NO.

We now know who that person was !

He is a total disgrace to the NRL and has a hidden bias agenda ….

Mark from Brisbane said:
No forsight just reacts with stupid comments.

What a waynekerr

Mark, I've been saying it for years now.

The NRL is a multi-million dollar business but it is being run by well-meaning amateurs. The majority of whom received their current jobs because of an affiliation with a certain club or because they showed some talent years ago when they strapped on a boot.

The old "chook raffle" mentality is alive and well. IMHO.

Hahahahahaha.
I love it when sh1t ... prove they're sh1t ....

This lying, manipulative worm of a creature needs to eradicated.

He needs to be shown up. I don't know how but this filthy little gold bricker needs to be publicly humiliated.

He shouldn't be allowed to speak. It's bad for the image of anyone who has to share a planet with him. He needs a shower.

mmmdl said:
Greenberg is completely wrong BECAUSE THE CLOCK SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN STOPPED.

From this article:
http://www.nrl.com/clock-to-stop-under-rule-changes/tabid/10874/newsid/75996/default.aspx

Stop the clock: During the last five minutes of a match, the clock will stop following a conversion or penalty kick at goal until play restarts at halfway. The interpretation change will add excitement during close matches, provide consistency across matches and reduce potential time-wasting.

Goal-kicking time limit: The referee will call time-off at approximately 1min 20sec following the scoring of a try. Fines will still apply to clubs when a player takes longer than 1min 40sec to take a conversion.

Symonds scored with about 70 seconds left on the clock. I believe 70 is less than 80. Therefore time should not have been called. End of story.
MANLY should be the ones blowing up about this. But lets not let the facts get in the way of the story.

What I would love to know is why:

1) The ref's didn't know this rule and so told soward to shut it on the field;

2)Why won't any 'media' publish the fact that time should not have been called off;

3)did anyone tweet greenburg and what, if any was his reply.

thanks in adv! :D

This story today is not a bad reply to Greenburg. 8 out of 10 maybe.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/todd-greenberg-took-aim-at-brookvale-oval-over-timekeeping-fiasco-and-shot-himself-in-the-foot/story-fnp0lyn3-1227047819423

odd Greenberg took aim at Brookvale Oval over timekeeping fiasco and shot himself in the foot

Paul Crawley
The Daily Telegraph
September 04, 2014 12:03PM

Brissie Kid said:
This story today is not a bad reply to Greenburg. 8 out of 10 maybe.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/todd-greenberg-took-aim-at-brookvale-oval-over-timekeeping-fiasco-and-shot-himself-in-the-foot/story-fnp0lyn3-1227047819423

odd Greenberg took aim at Brookvale Oval over timekeeping fiasco and shot himself in the foot

Paul Crawley
The Daily Telegraph
September 04, 2014 12:03PM

Not bad....still wish he mentioned that (if true) time should not have been called off anyway.

Is the guy retarded? He bags a 19k crowd at Brookie, then applauds an 8k crowd for his Bulldogs. The guys an A-Grade fwit.

He should go back to doing what he does best. Convincing contractually bound people to break them, hiding issues from the NRL and not helping those that need it (and end up committing suicide).

my post was removed. why. dunno. same story in tele

RE: my post was removed. why. dunno. same story in tele

The link is probably in another thread.:cool: For once a good article though.

The article dabbled but did not really dig too deep. Good start though.

bazeagle said:

Was this the post that you are talking about?

bazeagle said:
Todd, please stop being a politician and please stop trying to hijack the time keeping issue at Brookie last Sunday at the Panthers game to add to your agenda of killing Brookie and all suburban grounds to deliver your utopia of all games at nice big stadia like crap ANZ and semi crap Allianz. your motives are SO obvious. footy fans love Brookie, Leichardt Oval. so cater for it. employ some tools who can press the on/off button on a stopwatch.
stop thinking like a bean counter and listen to the fans and look at the reality 18,500 who turned up on a Sunday afternoon. oh, lets not start on about Sunday afternoon games, that would be considering the fans way too much.

If so, then it is now Post: #3 of the "NRL jump the shark (blame Brookie)" thread after that thread was merged with the former "NO Greenburg you are WRONG-STOP hijacking the time issue last Sunday" thread which was on the same subject.

The irony is staggering! The time keeper was blocked by fans. He/she had to stand on a chair to see over fans.

Paul Crawley is probably one of the only decent journo,s out there apart from our own Miss Ella,that gives us a fair go,and how on earth is this grub, greenburg running the game still after all the stuff that has been aimed at him is a mystery in its self,he shouldnt be

Some common sense. The NRL have been intent on telling fans what to do for years. There is only one company in the world that can tell people what they want and that is Apple, not the NRL.

Night time grand finals may rate well on TV, because no one wants to travel all the way out to Homebush to watch the game. Sydney is just not built to support those kinds of trips every week. Getting to Homebush and Moore Park is not easy task from the beaches. you have to battle traffic all the way up main arterial roads, and the trip takes nearly an hour. No one will go to the games, it will just kill it off. I now live overseas so only get to see the game on TV, however the atmosphere from last Sunday was palpable, you could feel it coming through the TV all the way here in Europe at 8am in the morning. You just don't get the same buzz from big grounds.

A way to highlight how dull they are is to listen to the different commentary teams. Ray Hadley prefers the crowd noise turned down, this makes his call very dreary and radio like. Ray Warren likes the crowd noise turned up and adds atmosphere.
Why this highlights the difference is that at grounds like brookvale the crowd can always be heard in the background and the atmosphere translates to TV, in empty big stadium it no longer looks good on TV or sounds good.

Just because you have more seats available does not mean you will fill them.

Add another 10,000 seats to brookvale oval and up it to a 25 - 30k stadium and play games on a Sunday afternoon, you will fill it most weeks.

Why the NRL can't see this is ludicrous, I always thought Todd Greenburg was a decent business man, but he seems like a short sighted box pusher now.

I regularly drive 1000k to watch games at brookie. An hour is a piss poor excuse but i agree. I don't mind the roosters playing from the sfs and south's from homebush but there's nothing like dragons at kogarah/win, the tigers at lichardt, manly at brookie, raiders at Canberra so on. The grounds local to teams are the best place to watch footy. I wouldnt go 1000k to watch manly play at sfs. I love my team but i wouldn't buckle too out of touch nrl officials.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8