NRL 2017 Predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Technically we went back to back in 2007-2008, storms premiership was taken away so in my eyes we should have got it and then... well only need to say this "40-0"....

Although i think it'll be a long wait till a side properly goes back to back in the NRL

How can we go back to back without winning the 1st one?
We really did go back to back .. We shld be premiers for 2007 .. Storm cheated full stop .. We were the best team by a mile & should have been awarded the title .. Why shld history say no premiers in 2007 just bcos them pricks cheated. I wldnt want to win it that way but thats wld shld have happened & any other sport in the world it wld have happened

If the roosters team of 2013-14 couldn't go back to back I really don't think we're going to see anybody do it for a while yet. Like it or not that was an absolutely fabulous team they had.
As for 2017, I'm yet to see any reason to believe we'll be better than anybody but the Knights and maybe Dragons. Here's hoping for a killer off season, I'd love to be surprised and see us slip in to the 8!

Technically we went back to back in 2007-2008, storms premiership was taken away so in my eyes we should have got it and then... well only need to say this "40-0"....

Although i think it'll be a long wait till a side properly goes back to back in the NRL

Don't say that or they'll end up giving doesn't-matta the 2009 premiership :sick:

Seriously though, as much as I hate to admit it, the Storm cheating the cap or not the sad fact is that we were simply outplayed in the 2007 GF. Losing Snake during the game like we did didn't help of course, but on the night we just weren't good enough. If we're going to be called the NRL premiers I'd rather us actually win the GF. That's what made beating them 40-0 in 2008 so special.

If the roosters team of 2013-14 couldn't go back to back I really don't think we're going to see anybody do it for a while yet. Like it or not that was an absolutely fabulous team they had.
As for 2017, I'm yet to see any reason to believe we'll be better than anybody but the Knights and maybe Dragons. Here's hoping for a killer off season, I'd love to be surprised and see us slip in to the 8!

A lot will depend on injuries, we finished 13th this year, with Killer on one leg, DCE on one leg, no proper 5/8 , 34 players used ( or thereabouts ) , Snake in la la land , Skivvy out for much of the year.

SO, if we get a " normal" year I'd expect we will do better than we did in 2016.

This talk of 8th, or Mr Fluffy talking about 4th is waaaaay off the mark, but given we have recruited pretty well and with a lot of players who have something to prove ( among them Nate Myles) I'm expecting a better year........10th is my pick.

This year the top 4 were way above the rest, the next 4 marginally better.

Apart from Drugcastle, the sides that finished 9th to 15th could have been in any order, there wasn't much between 15th and 8th.

We will do better , but most of you won't be happy with even a small improvement!

A lot will depend on injuries, we finished 13th this year, with Killer on one leg, DCE on one leg, no proper 5/8 , 34 players used ( or thereabouts ) , Snake in la la land , Skivvy out for much of the year.

SO, if we get a " normal" year I'd expect we will do better than we did in 2016.

This talk of 8th, or Mr Fluffy talking about 4th is waaaaay off the mark, but given we have recruited pretty well and with a lot of players who have something to prove ( among them Nate Myles) I'm expecting a better year........10th is my pick.

This year the top 4 were way above the rest, the next 4 marginally better.

Apart from Drugcastle, the sides that finished 9th to 15th could have been in any order, there wasn't much between 15th and 8th.

We will do better , but most of you won't be happy with even a small improvement!

Losing both Lyon and Lussick for the last 3/4 games really deflated us, both were in inspirational form. Until then a 9th to 10th was still possible.

The youth policy is a bit of a gamble but it's nice to be looking at potential rather than aging discards.

I think the forwards will be able to go toe to toe with most teams, I'm a little more cautious about our centres defensive capabilities.

We are capable of top 8 next season no doubt IMO, looked dim a few months ago but we have got a good side together with the potential to be a great one.. Or a eh one. How long till the bloody season starts?!!! :eek:

If I could use the lurkers "you heard it here first folks" I will now, 6th.. We will finish 6th (although hopefully I don't get my stuff wrong cough cough like lurk*) although we have to have a few things go right for us

As for the roosters going back to back they shouldnt have won jack **** .. Shane hayne needs to be investigated like tooves said ..

Every year we hear that team X will go back to back.
It will happen one day but won't happen often, too hard to have everything fall in place.
Storm & Roosters have gone close since the NRL by at least making a GF the following year.

Every year I have this argument. And history is getting longer and longer on this one. You are right @DUFFMAN it will happen one day, but every year the reigning premiers are going to go back to back. Even the cheating scum couldn't do it with their assembled knobbacons.

I actually thought in 2009 we would do it. I remember we completely destroyed Leeds in the WCC and Snake and Watmough were on fire. This is the year it will happen I told someone......then a few days later the whole pre season issue with Brett happened.......

Back to back is just so tough. Ennis is a massive loss, and what's going to happen with Barba? We saw it with the Roosters in 13. They apparently did all the little 1 percenters which saw them sacrifice to win the title. But then in 14, whilst they were still trying, that raw hunger was just a tiny bit off.

Don't say that or they'll end up giving doesn't-matta the 2009 premiership :sick:

Seriously though, as much as I hate to admit it, the Storm cheating the cap or not the sad fact is that we were simply outplayed in the 2007 GF. Losing Snake during the game like we did didn't help of course, but on the night we just weren't good enough. If we're going to be called the NRL premiers I'd rather us actually win the GF. That's what made beating them 40-0 in 2008 so special.
Why wldnt they out play us .. Its the same thing as us adding bob fulton & wombat plus terry randall to our side thats how far over the cap they were ... All they done was rob our great side a premiership that we deserved fair & square..

Bozo had lost most of his speed by 2007 I am not sure he would have made much difference

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8