Non-Manly Games [Round 24, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reeeelax. We beat eels by 30. Slip into 8. Beat roosters at brookie, sharks might rest a few players if they cant make top 4, we beat them and drags lose to tigers who are trying to avoid spoon ......simple
LOL, the chances of all that happening is about 15-1. The fact we have to play the Roosters in our run home is the real kicker.

We really need to put a score on the squeels. I know we need the win first and foremost - but we also need to get back in the F/A battle. A winning margin of at least 20 is a must

Sure then we need to beat the Roosters by the same margin the Dragons will beat the Titans by....We need a miracle to make the 8 now.
Yep.. Good effort at the death but will be hard to go on from here.
Stoked we got well away from the spoon. Still hoping for a miracle...

Note PD is Points differential

Tonight is exactly what I thought would happen a close dragons win

So they are now on + 27 PD you would think probably add 25 + for next weeks game against the Titans makes them on 52 we are on 4 PD with 2 games in hand( parra and Easts).

Let's say combined 30 points for those 2 games ( 24 this week 6 next week) leaves us on 34 PD only 18 behind dragons

Dragons say win by 14 there final game against the Tigers PD is 66 leaving us to need to beat the Sharks by 33 to make the eight.

Going to be bloody hard and probably we will just miss out but if ANY TEAM can make the 8 from here with what looks a seemingly impossible position it is us.

Not over yet!!!

I can't believe that Penrith couldn't win that game. They just didn't know how to score a try despite been given a thousand opportunities. I was so hoping they would do us a favour. How bad are the Dragons though ? It'll be a crime if they make the 8

Now we pick on the Bulldogs! Rabbits should beat Bulldogs and Manly SHOULD smash Eels at Brookvale! If this happens, which is actually quite likely, we should sneak into 8th place! It's far from over! Keep believing Manly!!!

If we go down, we will go down swinging! :punch:

I can't believe that Penrith couldn't win that game. They just didn't know how to score a try despite been given a thousand opportunities. I was so hoping they would do us a favour. How bad are the Dragons though ? It'll be a crime if they make the 8

Really it will be top 7 they are woeful and will be cannon fold for the team they play if they make it.

Now we pick on the Bulldogs! Rabbits should beat Bulldogs and Manly SHOULD smash Eels at Brookvale! If this happens, which is actually quite likely, we should sneak into 8th place! It's far from over! Keep believing Manly!!!

If we go down, we will go down swinging! :punch:

And even if we don't make the right let's not lose another game this season!!

Like the attitude, never ever give up that is NOT the manly way.

Well I'll Be Damned, we are still paying 1.80 to make the 8. The Dragons paying 1.50. I honestly thought we would be at much higher odds after that Dragons win.

St Merge's defence was softer up the middle than a cream doughnut. Penrith on the other hand made way too many simple mistakes and seem intent on adding to Ivan Cleary's already good collection of grey hairs.

Very scrappy game tonight. And if that's the best (or near the best) that St Merge have, if they do make the top 8 they won't last more than a week.

You know, I thought the purpose of Thursday night footy in the weeks before the finals were supposed to be blockbuster games for higher ratings. If that's true then why was tonight's game St Merge (8) vs Penrith (12) when this round includes the Vermin (4) vs Scumdogs (7) and there is a top of the table clash on Saturday night (Fox Sports) with the Rorters (2) against the Donkeys (1). I'm all for more than the usual suspects (Donkeys, Souffs, Rorters and Scumdogs) getting game time on Nein, but 8 vs 12 is hardly a blockbuster match.

People could say the same for Sunday's FTA game (us vs Speels) as neither team is in the top 8 currently. But that ignores the fact that not only are they traditional rivals, but Manly are still a good chance to play finals and a 25+ win will see us in the top 8, while this weekend really is do or die for the Dalai's mob. If the Speels lose their season is officially dead.....its on life support right now, so both teams have it all to play for. Then there is also the Choc and Foran factors. Ok, Choc isn't playing.....but Foran will be playing against the team he's joining next year.

Last edited:
Note PD is Points differential

Tonight is exactly what I thought would happen a close dragons win

So they are now on + 27 PD you would think probably add 25 + for next weeks game against the Titans makes them on 52 we are on 4 PD with 2 games in hand( parra and Easts).

Let's say combined 30 points for those 2 games ( 24 this week 6 next week) leaves us on 34 PD only 18 behind dragons

Dragons say win by 14 there final game against the Tigers PD is 66 leaving us to need to beat the Sharks by 33 to make the eight.

Going to be bloody hard and probably we will just miss out but if ANY TEAM can make the 8 from here with what looks a seemingly impossible position it is us.

Not over yet!!!
You very nearly got an ironstine for this.. I think we all know what PD is :)

This is the game I hate - two grubby teams and I hate both. Don't want to cheer for either but will lower my standards against my better judgement and support souffs for the greater good.

Hoping for multiple injuries and suspensions on both sides

Souths are getting thrashed in the forwards and are not wrapping up the ball. If it doesn't improve the dogs will win by heaps. Might be a conspiracy to keep manly out of the 8.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8