No polish.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hicks and Burns etc aren't on $240k are they? And Burns and Monaghan are at opposite ends of their career.

Burns has potential wheras with Monaghan what you see is what you get. And you don't see much.

Dunley was not holding Ballin out of First Grade because Dunley is a better pure dummy half than Monaghan IMO. the only reason for Monas to be picked ahead of Dunley (IMO) is because he has better utility value.

the only thing good out of dunley was his scoots from dummy half, monas offers a lot more but as you state you are incapable of seeing it.

Last year not only did our defence suffer when monas went off but so did our attack

I just watched the tries from the season before last which had been posted to this site. (Still in my download files).

So many of them are created by Monas. Go him. Plus the poor bloke had witt outside him which didn't help and randall and dunley at hooker. Stephenson and Matai in the centres.

And guess what - Canberra beat Newcaste in fact thrashed them. So a team we beat has won a game.

Shove that in your pipe and smoke it.

Ballin > monas > Dunley > catwalk

Orford gets it much nicer than monas did in 05, but thats just another reason why we are a chance, not just making up the numbers in a rebuild stage.

and camberra are now higher than the dogs and brisbane on the table.

hahahahahaha

The reason no one has made mention of hicks being quiet is that he's a winger. You don't really notice when they are in form or not (unless they are darius boyd, who i might add had an absolute shocker on friday night)

It seem like Monas has been round to matas place and slept with his wife, drank his beer and stolen his remote control.

FFS you are all as bad as each other, you boys just go round and round circles.

Orford is the better half, no disputing that.

Monas has limited ability but trys his guts out for the club, thats all we can ask.

Yes he is earning too much but its in the past, no point bringing it up as things arnt going to change no matter how much we moan about it.

I agree to a certain extent and do see your point as thats how things work out here in the real world.

However the footy is more enjoyable without the politics imo.

That's a weak fallback I say.

I can think of plenty of ways we could have spent that $240,000 better and it may cost us a player or two next year too.

"and possibly second tier" ?

you mean that he may not be in the top 6 or 7. wow how enlightening.

newsflash - orford isnt in the top tier either.

Agree the $240k is better spent elsewhere but what can I do to influence the decision? Can I assist in finding him another club?

I figure why worry about things I have no control over.

\"and possibly second tier\" ?

you mean that he may not be in the top 6 or 7. wow how enlightening.

newsflash - orford isnt in the top tier either.

I don't see Monaghan spoken of as an origin possibility or put on standby when there are injuries.

Forget not that but for personal injury Orford would be an origin haflback and he is the city incumbent. This puts him in the top 5.

top 5 yes but he isnt up there with thurston and johns in anything but paycheck. Both have played origin and for their country as well as taking their team deep into the finals, something orford has not achieved.

Do you not see the hypocrisy of an overpaid half as you messiah yet you constantly bitch about Monas getting half that amount.

And you cant pull the injury line because if not for another injury then he would not have been looked at as origin halfback.

Both players are overpaid by a similar %.

And if there was a choice between an overpaid Orford or an overpaid Monaghan you would take .............. ?

ox would have to be one of the unluckiest players going around when it comes to rep call ups. when fit, he's up there with the best 7's in the game. he had some great games last season once he settled in.

remember last season when the blues had no option beyond finch!? i'd take monas ahead of finch.

if for some reason johns cant make the origin call up, i'd say ox might have a good chance if he's fit. he would definitely be ahead of noddy and gower in the pecking order.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6