NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: NHL 2013

We need one of those for the NRL

I wonder how many weeks/games matt cooke will get for his knee on knee hit?

^ 7 games

bruins (booooo) win their series....off to play the habs in the next round.

What is it...about 20 straight years for Detroit to make the playoffs!

Wolfpack said:
Allons Habs!

I agree!

(Allons-y Les Habs!)

Either a great comeback by th ducks or a super choke by Dallas in the game just finished.

dallas 4-2 with 3 mins to go.

ducks won in overtime.

I'd be happy to see the Ducks make a bit of a run, watch the Teemu fairytale narrative grow. Plus, it'd be nice for Ryan Getzlaf to know that he didn't take a puck to the face for nothing;

1aGB43D.jpg

Flyers down 3-2 to the Rags. Mason came back & hands down won game 4 for us but I don't think we'll be able to pull the next two off. Still got faith but I think we're up against it right now. TBH I'll settle for someone going out there & knocking Dan Carcillo around like a rag doll.

meh...improvement!

Off to game 7 for philly!!!!!! fingers crossed!

So close but no cigar! Disappointed to get knocked out obviously but at least this is a team on the rise. Our only real issue right now is some horrible contracts that are clogging up our cap numbers (Check out Hartnell & Macdonald's contracts if you feel like being irritated). The blue line is still very weak, but there's some great prospects coming through that could be top 4 D-men very soon. I'd love to see Kimmo Timonen come back for one last run around but if not, what a career he's had, a true champion. Shame he never won a cup.

As for the man between the pipes...well, Steve Mason inspires a lot more confidence in me than any other Flyers' goalie in a looooong time. Stone Cold was an absolute boss this year.

Just saw that the Torts era is over in Vancouver, Thoughts on that GE? I didn't like the hire in the first place but it does seem a bit strange to oust him now. Guess the Nucks are going for the full clean-out, which makes you wonder if they'll trade away the Sedins, Kesler, Bieksa etc. & go the tanking route.

We were watching the game last night but in case you had it recorded....I didn't want to spoil anything more than the result for you.

There are a lot of relieved penguin fans about today as philly always seems to have the wood over them in the playoffs. Would have been an exciting series.

Hopefully for you, Mason follows up this year with similar performances next.

I always thought he was a bit of start hot go freezing type. (what do I know)

Speaking of hot to freezing....torts.

Word was last night that today he was going to get the boot.

Must admit I was kind of happy when he got hired. A bit of fire on the bench. Started off ok too but the first line was getting ground into the ice.

Proof was when Henrick, who play something like 950 games straight, got injured under torts.

So I didn't like his, defend at all costs, dive in front of the puck, annnnd hopefully score a goal and win the match 1-0.

To have him call our roster stale when refusing to use any young players makes him sound like a right royal idiot.

In the end I was happy to see him go. His block pucks with your body and play 30 mins a game was like oil and water to the players.

Not happy that mike sullivan got the flick as well. As the penalty killing coach he seemed to be the only one to know what he was doing.

I think maybe Kesler will be traded but that's about it. Sedins' will stay and although I see mistakes creeping into bieska's game, he's still a good defenseman and good person to have around the team.

All that said, torts has a stanley cup and is the most winning-est american born coach, but his system was just crap in vancouver.

Time to sit back and enjoy the remaining match ups and don the eternal 'this year is our year' canuck mantra for next season (unless bettman ruins it).

Thanks for reading.

International ice hockey advertised for Brisbane Sydney this year. USA V Canadia.

manlyfan76 said:
International ice hockey advertised for Brisbane Sydney this year. USA V Canadia.

That should be good!

Though typically there's nothing about it on the aussie hockey web site!

globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:

That should be good!

Though typically there's nothing about it on the aussie hockey web site!

http://www.internationalicehockey.com.au

Thinking of going with the Mrs to Bris nee land. Not a big fan but novelty factor would be good.

manlyfan76 said:

Thinking of going with the Mrs to Bris nee land. Not a big fan but novelty factor would be good.

Good one, thanks for that!

So far there are a couple of players from the nhl in that list. Most seem to be from the second tier comps, which is still far better than any of the aussie players.

If I was still in brisvagas and if campbell newman hasn't outlawed hockey by then, I'd go.

Watch out for flying pucks, dress warm and enjoy the hits and (probably) decent refereeing!

globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:

Good one, thanks for that!

So far there are a couple of players from the nhl in that list. Most seem to be from the second tier comps, which is still far better than any of the aussie players.

If I was still in brisvagas and if campbell newman hasn't outlawed hockey by then, I'd go.

Watch out for flying pucks, dress warm and enjoy the hits and (probably) decent refereeing!

I believe they are introducing an ice tax in the upcoming budget.

wolfpack, you may like this article about bryz!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/more-sports/meet-ilya-bryzgalov-russias-answer-to-nick-the-honey-badger-cummins/story-fnibbyyv-1226914106356

edit: WOOHOO! Go habs! and enjoy golfing boston ya tosspots!

Russia to play Finland in the world's gold medal game.....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=720545&navid=nhl:topheads

habs win 7-4 to keep the series alive against the new york rangers!

rangers lead series 3-2.

exciting game that one!

I've just been taking notice of the championship updates on Fox; ice-hockey being one of the few sports I've not taken much interest in over the journey.

They're talking up the big rivalry for the Stanley Cup now: New York v LA. Twenty years since the Rangers last won it (and I do remember the buzz around Metzer and the Rangers back then).

What I'm left with most though, is just the amazing skill and athleticism of these guys...I can't even roller-skate, much less ice-skate, much, much less play hockey dressed and padded up to the max as well!

They are saying for the impartial perhaps the Rangers are more worthy, having last won 20 years ago (and the Kings 2 years ago).

What's the real drum on who's more entitled here guys?

well....the last time rangers won was when they beat my team, the canucks, in game seven in one of those heart tearing moments.

So you're not going to get much love for the rangers from me!!!

I don't know about entitlement but the west coast (LA) is a much stronger conference than the east coast (ny) so LA should....that's should win it fairly convincingly.

The skill of those guys are pretty amazing!

edit: fcukin' rangers!!!!!

I hate them both, the Canucks should be entitled to the win

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12