NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: NHL 2013

RiverEagle said:
So I caught the end of game 3.

Kings cruise home 3-0 in NY city.

What's with the empty net penalty??

New York had no goalie for the last five minutes it seemed.

Wouldn't have mattered much, and didn't in the end; with the Kings 3 up then.

Things are slipping fast and going rotten in the Big Apple (as far as Rangers go that is).

Hiya!

When teams are behind and the game is drawing to a close...the 'behind' teams coach will often call the goalie off the ice to put another attacking skater on the ice.

So they go all out in attack....but this leaves no goalie. So it's a risk that sometimes pays off...a lot of times doesn't....but they don't have anything to lose at that stage.

Usually the 'guess' is: 1 minute per goal you are behind.

3-0 series lead to LA.....only 1 more win needed! (4 for NY rangers- teehee)

globaleagle said:
RiverEagle said:
So I caught the end of game 3.

Kings cruise home 3-0 in NY city.

What's with the empty net penalty??

New York had no goalie for the last five minutes it seemed.

Wouldn't have mattered much, and didn't in the end; with the Kings 3 up then.

Things are slipping fast and going rotten in the Big Apple (as far as Rangers go that is).

Hiya!

When teams are behind and the game is drawing to a close...the 'behind' teams coach will often call the goalie off the ice to put another attacking skater on the ice.

So they go all out in attack....but this leaves no goalie. So it's a risk that sometimes pays off...a lot of times doesn't....but they don't have anything to lose at that stage.

Usually the 'guess' is: 1 minute per goal you are behind.

3-0 series lead to LA.....only 1 more win needed! (4 for NY rangers- teehee)

Ah OK...

So not a penalty, a last throw of the dice in attack (for Rangers in this case).

It seemed to me to not make a lot of difference.

Often one or two Rangers players had to hustle back and scramble to defend their open goal anyway.

Looks very much like your assessment of the Kings being a better outfit is spot-on.

New York need more than a miracle now.

rangers squeak home 2-1 at home to keep the series alive (not surprised there).

Now back to LA where they have the chance to wrap the final up at home.

Though something like 6 out of the last 7 finals have been completed at an away venue.

go figure.

globaleagle said:
rangers squeak home 2-1 at home to keep the series alive (not surprised there).

Now back to LA where they have the chance to wrap the final up at home.

Though something like 6 out of the last 7 finals have been completed at an away venue.

go figure.

I thought Rangers would get 3 games in New York, in the 7 game format?

Or is it only the best of 5 mate?

Am just thinking of the MLB and NBA where it's the best of 7.

Either way Kings should win now.

Nah, It the best of 7 series and it goes:

first 2 games in LA (they have first home adv as they got more points in the reg season)

Next 2 games in NY

Next 1 game: LA

Next 1 game: NY

Last game: LA

It's the best of 7 games so obv any game after the 4th game is "if needed"

That's a lot of coast-to-coasting just for a game...lol.

Probably be all over in game 5, as predicted.

Ironic that the city of virtual eternal sunshine looks like claiming the quintessential winter sport crown.

That's what money can buy.

G...G...Game over!

Double overtime victory to LA gives them their 2nd cup in 3 years (boo - canucks have none).

A ripper of a game, once again nyr lead 2-1 but la came back and eventually buried the puck into the back of the net.

Some amazing saves, shots off the pipes, exhausted players, clichés galore.....

Yeah I've recorded the end of it as I couldn't stay and watch earlier.

It was 2-2 heading for overtime, but you just knew the Kings would find a way.

Happy to report as well, I'm seeing the puck better already, too!

Party on in LA I'm tipping! Lol.

And for days to come no doubt.

Back to the Big Apple Cup-less, for Rangers and another year.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah I've recorded the end of it as I couldn't stay and watch earlier.

It was 2-2 heading for overtime, but you just knew the Kings would find a way.

Happy to report as well, I'm seeing the puck better already, too!

Party on in LA I'm tipping! Lol.

And for days to come no doubt.

Back to the Big Apple Cup-less, for Rangers and another year.

Good job regarding the puck! It's a tough bugger to see, and no one sees it all the time!

LA only seem to know they have a hockey team when it's in the finals...!

Oh yeah!

LA are one of the best at jumping on a bandwagon, aren't they?!

Not just in the hockey either, I mean.

But good luck to em. Winners are grinners after all, and the rest can seek solace in the NBA finals or MLB, whilst waiting for their NFL to start.

Or even the rather important event...the World Cup in Brazil in Soccer/ Football. A sport that is developing quite well in the USA these days.

The first ever Australian ice hockey player Nathan Walker drafted into National Hockey League!!!!!!

That is friggen huuuuge news.

Pick #89!

Well done Nathan. It's a pity people wont realise the magnitude of this achievement!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/nathan-walker-becomes-first-australian-to-be-drafted-by-nhl-club-20140629-zspr1.html

free agent frenzy day!

Canucks pick up goalie ryan Miller (wtf)

Ryan's fav player stasny gets the boot from the avs (goes to blues) - he will have to change his sig (not that he reads this thread)

Ignila goes to the avs. 16 years with one team then 4 in 2 years...

spezza off to the stars, from ottawa,

Raymond goes from the nucks, to the leafs, now to the flames (at least he's keeping it Canadian!!)

And it's still exciting news the caps drafted the first aussie! woohoo! Hopefully Washington play the nucks in Vancouver so I can go and watch!

I'm still not sure how to feel about the nucks trades so far

Dan said:
I'm still not sure how to feel about the nucks trades so far

1) That's because you should still be asleep!

2) My better half says to feel badly.

But nuck fans seem to deride everything!

I think they want the team to go full tank!

Yeah I'm getting the impression people want large scale change, but the twins, I mean we can't lose the twins

Game on! End of first period.

nucks v flames

nucks 1-0, can you belive it....Burrows scored the first goal after his horror season last year!

habs beat the leafs....leafs losing is always good.

@wolfpack 's phillies just went down to boston (i hate boston)

rogers and sportsnet have paid huuuuuge dollars for the tv rights and therefore pretty much NO games on free to air and poor old TSN are scrambling for content!

Hockey is baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

A few games so far....and little to no bad calls by ref's!

4 - 2........Nucks win a game........OMG

Now if they can just play in Vegas in Early Jan i may be able to go and see them win a game

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10