Next week Dragons (Pre-Game Discussion)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don't see Dugan's loss as that big of a deal. He's a hog(so is Lafai and McDonald, they both butchered tries today), so you know he's just going to run it back hard. Kurt Mann will probably fill that spot, and he went well today in the centres. They'll have Aitken back at centre next week. I don't get how some think this will be a cake walk. They are officially second on the ladder.
I think we'll win, but they'll have to play at the same intensity they did against the Roosters.
watch my friend we will eat them Like the cake you speak of lol I think we will slam them as for Dugan I agree but Kurt man isn't a fb so his positional play can be exposed with kicks behind for our backs to pounce on. Aitkin is a good player but if we target widdop make him tackle all night he'll be weak in attack. he's all they have really

I don't see Dugan's loss as that big of a deal. He's a hog(so is Lafai and McDonald, they both butchered tries today), so you know he's just going to run it back hard. Kurt Mann will probably fill that spot, and he went well today in the centres. They'll have Aitken back at centre next week. I don't get how some think this will be a cake walk. They are officially second on the ladder.
I think we'll win, but they'll have to play at the same intensity they did against the Roosters.

I actually wouldn't be completely surprised if that bring in Matt Dufty to FB. Big raps on him, similar to you I don't think they'll lose much with Dugan out even though he's been in good form.

Dugan is a big loss for the Dragqueens, just as Tommy would be a big loss for us.

Hold them in the forwards ( or better them) and we should get away with this game BUT won't be a walk in the park, remember they are running 2nd ( as hard as that is to imagine).

In the recent past,the dragons have always crashed and burnt after showing promise so this game is a big one for them just like ours was against the roosters.To sum it up if we think we are going to romp over these guys we are kidding ourselves,so just look at what happened to Cronulla against Newcastle.Completely different game I know but the principle of respect stays the same.Weather we win or loose this game we are going to learn something valuable this weekend.

I love how we are playing but it makes me very nervous when we talk about teams being easy to beat.

You only have to look how close the Knights came to knocking over last years premiers as an example.

Maybe it's a left over feeling from the Dessie days but I've always felt more comfortable with us flying under the radar.

Well at season kick off I had the last game as a loss and this game as a certain win!!

However I think the loss of Dugan is a very big negative for them.

Manly by 8

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me to see Lussick playing for Blacktown this week (and possibly next) to get some match fitness as he hasn't played since August last year. Remember early last year that Darcy did spend some time in NSW Cup so Barrett isn't afraid of not playing him in the top grade. After that, depending on how things are I'd more expect Hastings to be back at Blacktown than Brown or probably Winterstein.

With Brown, though I would rather Hastings, we have cover for the backs and forwards, and if needed Taupau can be moved to the back row as cover.

Right now we're in a much better position injury wise than we were at any stage last year.

Noting that Lussick is likely available this week I would have to go with this a my picks:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Jackson Hastings
16. Nate Myles
17. Addin Fonua-blake

18. Shaun Lane
20. Matthew Wright
21. Lewis Brown
22. Lloyd Perrett

I love how we are playing but it makes me very nervous when we talk about teams being easy to beat.

You only have to look how close the Knights came to knocking over last years premiers as an example.

Maybe it's a left over feeling from the Dessie days but I've always felt more comfortable with us flying under the radar.

It's ok if we think they're easy to beat. As long as the players don't fall into that trap.

It's an often trotted out line, but there are no easy games. Remember we beat the premiers last year in about round 4.....and fair to say we were pretty inept last year.

It's crazy how much of a sausage roll eating know nothing I am. At the start of the year I thought we'd be lucky to win 1 or 2 of our first games and had the Dragons game pencilled in as a certainty ...... now? Based on the last few weeks this is going to be one hell of a game. Hopefully Brookie is nice and full. Still think we will win a close one

It's crazy how much of a sausage roll eating know nothing I am. At the start of the year I thought we'd be lucky to win 1 or 2 of our first games and had the Dragons game pencilled in as a certainty ...... now? Based on the last few weeks this is going to be one hell of a game. Hopefully Brookie is nice and full. Still think we will win a close one
I thought the same and did not think we had half off what I have seen from us in the last 3 weeks carrying through up till now.Winning games tells us a lot and when I see how happy we are on the field when we played so poorly last year it appears to me we have changed not only in attitude but come almost full circle and turned our season around this year so far.

Is this the first time, we potentially could be literally injury free in 3 years? I hope the players who miss out get game time though. You don't want guys be extra's. Therefore NSW Cup team should look great.

Yum Sausage Rolls!!

You get some beauties when you travel this wide brown land.

Best I've had anywhere , Clare , South Australia , handmade absolutely superb!!

The drag queens are above us on the ladder but they will be going down on us this weekend
stamp_priscilla1_xlarge.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10