News: Councillor takes eye off the ball

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>OUTSPOKEN Warringah Councillor Vincent De Luca has the timing of a bull in a ballet.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4595-councillor-takes-eye-off-the-ball.html">Read the full article</a>

De Luca is typical of the spineless, self serving, two faced nest featherers you find in local government. More content on trying to build a profile for themselves rather than actually achieving anything for their constituents. Let's hope that all the Manly fans remember this grub come next election time.

Corns has this 100% spot on. It's time for fans to drop their factions and join the fight for survival.

There are obviously parties at work to bring us down for stupid reasons

now having a sister in law who is disadvantaged and restricted to a wheelchair I agree with zorbs. Emma has opened my eyes to a lot and we need to provide much better facilities for her and people less lucky than ourselves. They have a hard time just going to bed and even the bathroom, yet warringah council expects them to sit in the rain or to not come, do you think that is fair?

It'd be quite fitting for the De Luca types to be the tonic to galvanise the factionalised landscape in one cause.  I can't say it would be a bad thing.  Might happen too.

De luca may be the master of his own downfall. He seems a fly in the ointment really

Never. It solves nothing and always proves tge opposite to it's intention

Dan link said:
Corns has this 100% spot on. It's time for fans to drop their factions and join the fight for survival.

There are obviously parties at work to bring us down for stupid reasons

now having a sister in law who is disadvantaged and restricted to a wheelchair I agree with zorbs. Emma has opened my eyes to a lot and we need to provide much better facilities for her and people less lucky than ourselves. They have a hard time just going to bed and even the bathroom, yet warringah council expects them to sit in the rain or to not come, do you think that is fair?

Did you only think of that after you got married?

I agree that this is one of Zorb's best.

Looking from the Council's perspective Brookie is almost exclusively used by the Sea Eagles and the amount paid does not go close to covering their costs. Another issue for them is that programming of games is not set by the NRl which severely limits any other use due to the need to have at least a two day window before and at a least a day after a game.

Mata is right (from another post), the best solution would be a compromise where redevelopment allowed for multi-use in parts of Brookie. Community facilities are needed and should be incorporated in any new buildings.

The perception that Manly feeds little to charities is again tied up with the confusing entities we have. The percentage of funds being used versus the takings from poker machines relates solely to the Leagues Club. Yes, they are related in some way, but Manly Sea Eagles Ltd (the private company with the NRL license) is correctly identified by Zorba as committing a great deal to the community. And as he also says it is doubtful that Max and Scott will ever realise a cent of profit.

There is no doubt that the three Councillors have a negative agenda and it is hard to believe that 10 games a year is so hard to live with by the residents. I hope all this galvanises some votes away from them.

F course not TE but it was never as close to my heart or mind before. Now it is something real and in my life its something that I need to consider in greatr depth

This raises the point that the NRL draw should be set in concrete at the start of the season. That way other sports and events could be timetabled to use it at other times. With a five week period of notice noone else can even consider using it or having the option of hire. Just to feed 9, it means that councils, clubs and the fans lose out, lowering attendances and costing people the ability to support their team live.

Matabele link said:
Hence the wink.  We'll have to keep Duff away from him though.

actually one of the few things duff is good at is getting up and having a good literate arguement.

The best thing would be for anyone who can make it to get to the next council meeting and voice their opinions

Canteen Worker link said:
This raises the point that the NRL draw should be set in concrete at the start of the season. That way other sports and events could be timetabled to use it at other times. With a five week period of notice noone else can even consider using it or having the option of hire. Just to feed 9, it means that councils, clubs and the fans lose out, lowering attendances and costing people the ability to support their team live.

Hopefully Gallop does at least a semi ok job with garnishing an appropriate and equitable television deal with Channel 7. Being new to the Rugby League product, one would assume they may be more accomodating.

If the league then successfully create an independent body who will  be making the decision process simpler, and with a commercial view in mind for regular game attendees, then we may see a re-vamped, exciting live product to watch again at a time more befitting a family friendly event.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8