• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I hear you ryan but I reckon it is just a few weak links letting us down...
For example, if Fainu (and I'm not bagging him coz kids make erors) doesn't get pushed off twice like a 12yo boy by twol then we win 2night and there have been plenty of occasions this year where similar things have happened... we have some real weak llnks and injuries have killed us... eg we leak metres in the centre without Api...
I'm happy for you ir anyone else to disagree but please do so without the Chicken Little sky-is-falling b*sh*t... we will rise again and who knows, it may even be under John Cartwright... I trust that DCE and the Turbos have some idea what they are talking about...
You're okay with Cartwright and Ferris running this team, mate?

I’d hate to go into the trenches with some of you mercenaries. The going gets tough so suddenly you don’t want to be fans anymore.
If you want the club to rise again and be a force I recommend not throwing the toys out of the pram. Manly is a big part of everyone’s lives here I’m sure, as it is mine. But no way will I stop supporting this proud club. We will come out of the rut and be the envy again of all the other 15 teams in the comp.
Have some faith, every team goes through **** patches, unfortunately it’s our turn and we are lucky we haven’t had to endure it in a long time.

You're okay with Cartwright and Ferris running this team, mate?
I'm prepared to admit I DON'T KNOW.... I'm not at training and I dont know how much control JC currently has over the squad... what I do know is that JC had a sh*tload of heart as a player and DCE and the Turbos have been in enough elite rugby league squads to know what a good coach looks like... if it's good enough for them rhen I'm on the FERRY...f*ck the bus, get on the Manly Ferry with me Ryno...

I'm prepared to admit I DON'T KNOW.... I'm not at training and I dont know how much control JC currently has over the squad... what I do know is that JC had a sh*tload of heart as a player and DCE and the Turbos have been in enough elite rugby league squads to know what a good coach looks like... if it's good enough for them rhen I'm on the FERRY...f*ck the bus, get on the Manly Ferry with me Ryno...
Fair enough mate. At least I also have ice hockey, and the 10 fights a game that goes with that hahaha

The suggestions that Cartwright is likely to be Manly's coach next year suggests that those making the decisions haven't looked closely at his record of coaching. He coached Gold Coast from 2007-14. He had two good years in 2009 and 2010 when they finished 3rd and 4th. However overall they spent most seasons near the bottom

2007: 12th
2008: 13th
2009: 3rd
2010: 4th
2011: 16th
2012: 11th
2013: 9th
2014: 14th

His average win/loss ratio was about 46%. The issue most important to Manly is that he has been assistant coach for the past couple of seasons. I know Barrett is in charge, but someone with that experience should have been able to show him where he needed to adapt, and to address the defensive concerns. What I fear is that the Penns will play it cheap by merely upgrading his contract, rather than pay him as assistant coach and bring in an outsider. He's obviously a nice guy but so was Barrett. That may assist with coaching but is certainly not the most important quality. My fear is that if Cartwright takes over it will be a slight improvement but in general more of the same. The Penns reputation is surely on the line here. Playing it arrogant and cheap could just about end their tenure with Manly.

The suggestions that Cartwright is likely to be Manly's coach next year suggests that those making the decisions haven't looked closely at his record of coaching. He coached Gold Coast from 2007-14. He had two good years in 2009 and 2010 when they finished 3rd and 4th. However overall they spent most seasons near the bottom

His average win/loss ratio was about 46%. The issue most important to Manly is that he has been assistant coach for the past couple of seasons. I know Barrett is in charge, but someone with that experience should have been able to show him where he needed to adapt, and to address the defensive concerns. What I fear is that the Penns will play it cheap by merely upgrading his contract, rather than pay him as assistant coach and bring in an outsider. He's obviously a nice guy but so was Barrett. That may assist with coaching but is certainly not the most important quality. My fear is that if Cartwright takes over it will be a slight improvement but in general more of the same. The Penns reputation is surely on the line here. Playing it arrogant and cheap could just about end their tenure with Manly.
So what u are saying is he's a better option then Henry if u compare apples with apples? (there were no JTs at titans)
Who knows, it's so crazy that it might just work! I am confident that everyone wants the best for our club and I will support the new coach whoever it is (altho that will be BLOODY hard if it is Des as he was my childhood idle but he broke my heart in 2011 and managed to take the shine off a premiership... ar*ehole)

Last edited:

Sure his record is poor but let's not forget he didn't have such a great team to work with.

The team we have at the moment is capable of competing against the best of them. Last season was a prime example. My concern was why we didn't go one better this year.

Remember the ****fight that was the Northern Eagles. When we broke away for that bitter marriage, Manly started their rebuild, appointed a rookie coach in Hasler and four years later we won a premiership.

Whoever the new coach is let's hope they rebuild the team and lead Manly to another premiership in the not to distant future.

The irony for me in all this is that Barretts advisor/consultant/agent has been in his ear to get out of here, writing letters about the _____________ (insert any BS excuse) facilities/support/Fulton. Yet he also manages/advises Cartwright and doesn’t seem to have the same concerns about the facilities/support/Fulton should he be coach. Maybe all those issues will be fixed in time for Cartwright or just maybe it’s all a convenient excuse .....

Just listening to the BSB and Laurie Daley has raised some really good points in the fact that things aren’t as bad as people are making out.

He said any coach would be excited to get their hands on the roster and the fact that Api has been a big loss.

Also said that DCE should be the Australian half for the end of season test and I actually agree with him on that one. He’s been in better form than Cleary.

As a club we need to ensure that this off season is our most productive in recent history. We have the frame of a better than average roster, with some elite players in there, we need a freshen up in the way this team is coached, specifically defensively.

Frank Stokes and Sideline Eye, I take your points, which are good ones. I was really throwing the information out there and reminding that this guy has been Barrett's back up for the past few seasons, and yet look at the result. However I will concede that Cartwright didn't have much to work with at the Titans, and certainly the roster we have is significantly better than he has previously coached. I hope you guys are right to back him. I'll reserve judgement.

Just listening to the BSB and Laurie Daley has raised some really good points in the fact that things aren’t as bad as people are making out.

He said any coach would be excited to get their hands on the roster and the fact that Api has been a big loss.

Also said that DCE should be the Australian half for the end of season test and I actually agree with him on that one. He’s been in better form than Cleary.

As a club we need to ensure that this off season is our most productive in recent history. We have the frame of a better than average roster, with some elite players in there, we need a freshen up in the way this team is coached, specifically defensively.
I 100% agree with you !! API controls the middle so well and ever since he has been out teams target us straight through the middle ! If it wasn't for some inexperienced players missing tackles we would have won atleast another five games this year ! We have the attacking players in our team to make the top 8 it's just about fixing our defence !

Frank Stokes and Sideline Eye, I take your points, which are good ones. I was really throwing the information out there and reminding that this guy has been Barrett's back up for the past few seasons, and yet look at the result. However I will concede that Cartwright didn't have much to work with at the Titans, and certainly the roster we have is significantly better than he has previously coached. I hope you guys are right to back him. I'll reserve judgement.
I'm not particularly backing cartwright @Bearfax... I'm backing Manly and will do so no matter who they appoint to coach... I also respect our players and think that it would be extraordinary for them to become rep quality without having an idea of what it takes to win games and what a leader looks like... i sure do not subscribe to the 'shut your mouth and do what you are told' approach that has been advocated on ST by some... cartwright may turn out to be cartwrong but you never know unless u go...

Can we stop the "bitching like little girls" ****?
I think you have ample evidence in the gazillions of pages on Silvertails in the last few years that the analogy should be "bitching like grown men".
Good call Budgewoi and I apologise if i offended anyone with that phrase... old habits die hard but I have a little girl of my own and should do better with my language for her sake... indeed, it would be good if we could stop b*tching like grown men...

Last edited:
I know it probably won't happen but I've been thinking about the suceess of QLD in origin and how they achieved it. (Aside from a gun team for many years.) They had a QLD legend at the helm (Meninga) and very astute tactical blokes (Eg Hagan, Henry) in the background. So in my humble opinion the best scenario for us would be Toovs as head coach (Manly legend) and Henry as his assistant. I think we can learn a lot from Qld's success. I know I'm dreaming and I know Cartwright has been inexplicably extended but hey, its nice to dream sometimes right???

QLD were dominant for so long because they had 4 or 5 of the best players ever to play league, and they all happened to be the spine of the team (+ GI). It certainly had nothing to do with Mal.

The coaching landscape is difficult to gauge. Des was washed up with the Dogs. Tooves struggled as the squad weakened and had some really poor moments like not having a goal kicker (remember DCE saying he'd do it but no one asked him). Madge was good but also managed to turn an owner and team that won the comp against him. Henry - yeah he's an old coach but he's not that great and I always confuse him with Matt Elliott. Tim Sheens is almost 70. Who does that leave? Carty? I don't mind him but he doesn't look like he has the minerals for it. I think he'll get it though. This is all so boring...

Last edited:
Was Cartwright in the Coach's Box last night? Only saw Barrett but may have been camera angle.

You wont be renewing mate.

Penn wont have a bar of either of that pair.

Hasler shat all all over us, I dont understand why anyone would want him back.
Because manly, the club, is bigger than any player, staff or individual. So what he did that, we are ****ed now and part of the fix is right there. It's up to us (actually the Penn's) to take the right option for the club. The Penn's and some of us supporters aren't willing to put aside our issues which leads to the prolonging of the solution.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10