Negative Nancies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Class of 96

Bencher
Seeing plenty of meltdowns that this player is useless, others need to be dropped after the Tits game. To put things in context, these no hopers have put us in a top 8 position with a ridiculous injury toll. And we were tipped to challenge for the spoon at the start of the season! Give them some credit. One bad game isn’t the end of the world. Nearly every game this round has been an upset. Even the first placed Geelong in the AFL is struggling against the Gold Coast. Anyway, to the negative nancies, give yourselves a serious uppercut!

Seeing plenty of meltdowns that this player is useless, others need to be dropped after the Tits game. To put things in context, these no hopers have put us in a top 8 position with a ridiculous injury toll. And we were tipped to challenge for the spoon at the start of the season! Give them some credit. One bad game isn’t the end of the world. Nearly every game this round has been an upset. Even the first placed Geelong in the AFL is struggling against the Gold Coast. Anyway, to the negative nancies, give yourselves a serious uppercut!

Toff Sipley
Tom Trbojevic
Albert Hopoate
Lachlan Croker
Daly Cherry-Evans

Brian Kelly Released - no replacement
Kelepi Tanginoa Released - no replacement

Morgan Boyle - probably in no other squad
Manase Fainu - massive drop in desire, effort and intencity.

Think we are doing very well despite these factors. And this was just last game

Off game all round if we call it.
Defensive intensity from contact, stick and control was poor....
Attack was lateral playing into their hands and allowing them to control a slow tempo playing the ball.
Also led to poor kicking game and rushed, pressure passes....apart from that - all was good.

We are going along above ok considering. It's Awesome being in every game before kickoff even with the injuries, Des plays musical chairs and we are up there .

Our poor injury run has got to come to an end soon. Get Dce, Turbo, Croker, Suli, Parker back in before the end of origin it'll set us up for run to the finals. But we need a big body to come on when Marty and Afb go off. That is killing us now that Toff is gone. Paseka has to come into the 17. Boyle is providing nothing but errors.

The team isn’t at the point in its development where we don’t have those off nights, they’re going to pop up as they did on Friday. Our completion rate was poor, the Titans was excellent which led to plenty of possession for them and the end result we saw.

We’ll have more of the games like we did against the Sharks than Friday nights effort throughout the season, that I made sure of.

My two cents...

We have a very young squad, hit hard by injuries to our top 2 strike weapons, and a host of others.
Our other strike weapon is 2 games back, after missing the first 2 months of the comp.

There is massive up-side in this squad, if we can get everyone fit and on the park.

I'm not expecting to win comps this year, but we could go on a serious run in the last 2 months of the regular season, and who knows what can happen if we make the 8.

You dont win comps in May, but you certainly can lose them (panthers, etc).
We are in a good spot, all things considered.

There are The Worriers and there are True Believers :hi:

The ST traffic relies on both sides posting to make @Dan rich and famous :nod:

It's healthy to vent, otherwise all that negative energy festers

giphy.gif

We all just want to cheer Manly onto another Premiership :inlove:

I dont think its right that you have branded all the nancies on this site as negative. There are some cry baby bitch lipped mothers that are quite positve , and get all crazy eyes when someone isnt as geed up on positive jew jew as they are.

a liitle nancy on the left and a little nancy on the right

And then there in Nancy. She is a working soccer mum , so dont you dare pretend to know how her life is going buddy, 24/7

Even in the golden era (2005 - 2013) with a stacked side we often struggled to get up for games vs the bottom teams.
After the enormous effort of previous weeks they took the foot off the gas a bit on Friday night and that's all it takes to get smashed in the NRL . I'm not worried

Hahaha, struggling. The Cats did win by 30 points and are now about 9-1. Someone needs an uppercut and it aint the nancies!!!

This was a trademark manly performance under des.. Even in our glory days, beat the teams easily we are expected to struggle against, get rolled easily by teams were expected to walk over..

I had this team as a 9-13 placed team come seasons end.. Performances have proved me wrong, as now I think we could easily be a finals playing side when we get stars back.. Still don't think we are a chance at the title tho, not without atleast another marquee back and decent prop

Hahaha, struggling. The Cats did win by 30 points and are now about 9-1. Someone needs an uppercut and it aint the nancies!!!

Mate, before making a complete dill of yourself, check the time I posted, and what the score was in that game. To help you along, there was only 2 points in it at 3/4 time.

Traditionally, even when Manly are playing well we always seem to struggle against teams sitting on the lower side of the ladder. We'll beat the so-called competition heavyweights, but a team like the Gold Coast we tend to struggle against.

Am I disappointed with the loss? Yes.

Am I disappointed with how we played? Yes, but no doubt that Des and the players are even more so.

Is it the end of the world? Hell no. Sure we may have lost Scorpio now for a month or so because of his broken jaw, but we are due to get players back from injury in coming weeks. Turbo, DCE, Croker and Suli will be back and Parker will be back soon after that.

If we had been sitting last like many of the so-called experts (and even some of our own fans) predicted we would be in the pre-season, I'd say our season would be over. But we were in 5th spot going into Friday's game and regardless of the rest of this rounds results we won't drop out of the top 8 this week.

Sure we're coming into a tough period with Origin time because we know we are going to lose Jake for a while, and when DCE and Turbo are passed as fit they'll probably be playing Origin before they play for us. But if we get these guys back and fully fit once Origin finishes.....Manly should be in a fairly decent, if not a good, position for a run to the Finals.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8