1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nathan Brown

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by br00ky, Apr 11, 2015.

1. br00ky

br00ky Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Anyone have any thoughts on Nathan Brown as a coach? At NRL early in his career didnt achieve much with a strong roster

Im behind Toovey 100%, loved him as a player and has done well in his first 3 years (we were robbed of a GF in 2013).

The reason I ask is the chatter around the club is Nathan Brown will be the coach to replace Tooves, if Toovey is sacked

However they have already talked to Brown and the feeling is it will be a matter of when not if (in regards to a coaching change)

2. MAL895

MAL895 Member

caboolture
    Ratings:
    +62 / 6
    Something has to change

3. Toddgothammered

Toddgothammered Member

God's country
    Ratings:
    +64 / 5
    IF nathan imbecile brown coaches manly i will give up supporting them, i would prefer to lose every game by 40 than have that idiot coach them. He is NOT MANLY

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    Trolls.
    Pretending to be Manly fans.

• Like Like x 6
  5. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31
    I will not support a Manly club coached by Nathan Brown. I will never walk from the club but I will freeze my support until the day he is sacked. Nathan Brown is a St George plonker. And useless.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,524 / 134
    He would be terrible for Manly. I remember the squad he had at the Dragons, they should have won a couple of competitions. He went OK in the UK, before finishing on a high, but I noticed he coached St Helens to 16 wins and 12 loses, so although he won a competition, they won it by the skin of their teeth and were inconsistent for a large part of his time there. I don't have a lot of faith in the guy. I say we keep Toovey!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    It is all hypothetical right now. The fact is we have won 2 of our last 12 competitive games where we have stuck by guys who are no longer cutting it. The coach is now in a position where he needs to change the team, to not do that will lead to his demise.

8. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    People mention the term "circuit breaker" but what they mean by that is sack the coach & hope the new bloke changes the atmosphere.

If I was Penn I wouldnt go the easy route and have media pile on the pressure. I would find another avenue to change the dynamics but keep Toovey coach.

But everything now rests on how Tooves manages upwards because he cant control whats going on under him at the moment.

9. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    NO - no outsiders - especially mediocre hacks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baz

Baz Beaver's Headgear

Ratings:
    +263 / 2
    I just want des back to be honest. I never thought I'd say it after the way he left BUT I hate losing more, and am willing to accept anything to make this feeling go away

• Like Like x 1
  11. silver

silver Active Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 7
    I'm with Baz. Des made us hated and FEARED

• Like Like x 1
  12. silver

silver Active Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 7
    Nathan Brown is an oxygen thief poor excuse for a coach. He was **** at the Dragons and won the English SL by default due to a brain explosion by a Wigan player and then sent off in the first 10 min.
    I am stunned they are looking at him...

• Like Like x 2
  13. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    I would not agree at all if Tooves is sacked and Nathan Brown is appointed coach.

But it doesn't mean I won't support the club, on the contrary. I'll keep supporting the club until the day I die.

• Like Like x 1
  14. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    Ratings:
    +327 / 17
    I can't believe people are talking about getting Dez back. Makes no sense to me. Won premierships with us, is a manly great. Makes his betrayal the worse ever. And only for Money. Also backended contracts which stuffed whoever was going to take over. And then we get him back when he can have a fresh start. Woild prefer anyone over him. Even Nathan brown.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Barrett is the only one who is interested. Brown is setting himself to take over as a Coach in a one Team Town.

Manly has to cut their losses and bring in a new Coach now. @:cool:
    2v is just worn out and needs to step aside for his well being.:angel:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  16. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 37
    I'd take Brown over De

17. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    Nathan Brown was brought in to coach the Dragons too early. He had played with most of the guys he was coaching.That was a long time ago and he has done a long apprenticeship since. to judge him on what he did then assumes no one ever learns their craft over time

.Have met the guy a few times and he is very affable person and from what I could see knew he had plenty to learn and was eager to do so.is he an option Yes. Is he the right option? Who knows. The roosters took a punt on a young bloke from SL and it worked.

It would be great to stick with our tried and tested formula of a Manly man but I just don't see any Manly options there at all. I just hope we go down the route of a young up and comer and not a dinasoar like sheens and smith.

18. ssteacup

ssteacup Active Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 11
    I don't buy blaming Des for what's happening now, even if he back ended deals. He left before the 2012 season so we had plenty of time to make plans but we havnt. Also **** Brown he's crap.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Whoever we sign as coach is only a stop gap until someone like Cleary becomes avaiable

20. liatrevlis47

liatrevlis47 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Your kidding , sack the entire squad and start from scratch , hiw dare anyone place blame on our coach , to hell with the bastards that turn up and dish out the BS they have , sack DCE , Fozz , Snake , and I'm sorry but Matt Ballin has to go , not Tooves