Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am of the opinion that a complete coaching overhaul may be needed.

The injuries, poor discipline with penalties, the appalling conditioning of players, our pathetic attacking play, our lack of mental toughness, lack of speed in attack... These are things that can be eradicated for the most part through a top notch staff driving the team. Do we have that now? No.

I think the physical state of some of our players shows there is something wrong with our coaching. How many Panthers last night looked ****ing fat?

You can see the tide slowly turning against Tooves and that's probably fair enough.
I just can't see my way to turn my back on him...I really believe he's being white-anted by certain players and a certain rotund person who strikes me as someone who could be very vindictive.

Nathan Brown was brought in to coach the Dragons too early. He had played with most of the guys he was coaching.That was a long time ago and he has done a long apprenticeship since. to judge him on what he did then assumes no one ever learns their craft over time

.Have met the guy a few times and he is very affable person and from what I could see knew he had plenty to learn and was eager to do so.is he an option Yes. Is he the right option? Who knows. The roosters took a punt on a young bloke from SL and it worked.

It would be great to stick with our tried and tested formula of a Manly man but I just don't see any Manly options there at all. I just hope we go down the route of a young up and comer and not a dinasoar like sheens and smith.
Brown is garbage mate 100% garbage. Young or not he actually slapped Trent Barrett in the face on the sideline when the dragqueens were losing to us. He hates Manly it would be like Gasnier working at Manly its just not right. Trent Robinson was a Roosters club man and was the brains behind Brian Smith get them to the 2010 Final, He left for france he improved catalan's who were rubbish to the point of a preliminary final loss, whilst he was away the Roosters fell apart and the club brought him back, It wasn't a gamble he had form. Barrett would be worse than Brown, Possibly the most overrated player just above Braith Anasta.

If we are looking for a young coach, look no further than Brent Kite once Toovey's contract is up. Kitey went to Penrith partly because he wants to coach after he retires and Penrith are going to help him achieve that.

What about Parish? He has been on world class coaching study tours with Lozza and has worked at the International level with Samoa

I think Laurie Daley would be a good choice. He would certainly attract players and has the great Bozo in his corner just like with NSW. We need a fresh start. Something has to give if we continue losing.!

If we are looking for a young coach, look no further than Brent Kite once Toovey's contract is up. Kitey went to Penrith partly because he wants to coach after he retires and Penrith are going to help him achieve that.

I agree with Brent Kite. Although i think it is too early for him to coach the NRL side id love to give him an SG Ball side to coach first and see how he goes and if he progresses then give him 20s after and NSW cup and so on and so on.
I always used to hear while he played with us he ran our video sessions and had a hand in some of the tactical stuff leading into games and was a real leader in the forwards.
Just the fact he was an integral part of our decade of dominance and had coaching influences of people like Des and Tooves and even Cleary it puts him in good stead if he wants to go down the coaching path and more importantly he knows Manly culture and knows what it means to be Manly.

Let's face it, the most effective coach is Bellache. I don't like him or the way his team bend the rules, but Melbourne is at the top of the table again! They are a team like us with a so-called 'ageing roster'.
If we want to continue to be as successful as we've been over the past decade then he's the coach to maintain the roll.
But how important is winning to us? That is the issue.

I think Laurie Daley would be a good choice. He would certainly attract players and has the great Bozo in his corner just like with NSW. We need a fresh start. Something has to give if we continue losing.!
No No No No No, This guy is also a myth. The coaching team that led one of the most star studded Dragons sides ever to absolutely nothing was:
Coach: Nathan Brown
Assistant: Laurie Daley, Trent Barrett

They won nothing until Bennett put a broom through the place.

een on world class coaching study tours with Loz
No No No No No, This guy is also a myth. The coaching team that led one of the most star studded Dragons sides ever to absolutely nothing was:
Coach: Nathan Brown
Assistant: Laurie Daley, Trent Barrett

They won nothing until Bennett put a broom through the place.
Daley lasted a year in that role, and it was Brown's first year in 2003. He was also absent from away games, and some home games when he had Fox commitments, so he was never really an assistant, more a consultant. I can even remember him cheering on the Raiders against the Dragons on air around that time so you could tell he wasn't a "Dragon"

The Australian today reporting that we will have a crack at Cleary.

Id be staggered if Gould let him go, but he's at least a Manly man.

I love 2V, and would be gutted if he was to be sacked , however I have to agree with some of the comments on here that something isn't right as far as that goes.

I think that Cleary dreams about coaching manly one day.

The panthers are not going to well this year and have a heap of injuries like us.

If they have a bad season more likely to consider releasing Cleary.

Interesting re cleary. Do u reckon he'd leave the panthers. He's put a fair bit of time in there and they have built a good team.

Loves Gus and Gus loves him. Gould is not one of the myriad of idiots in management in Rugby League who requires a premiership in two years with a young side or you get the sack. The club is on the up. They are building the biggest community sporting complex in Australia out there soon and have an enormous junior catchment area and are now solid financially. It is a young coaches dream. He will be going nowhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7