Nathan Brown Impact?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will certainly add some grunt to the pack, let’s not forget that he is a former Origin Player and at that time he was leading the squeelers pack. Hit the buffers thereafter but no-one can deny that he’s worth his place based on his pre season fitness levels and his determination to prove the doubters wrong, certainly Siebs sees it that way. Okay, discipline could be an issue but at least it’s not the Super League where they are making a complete Horlicks re the rules of contact. Just have a feeling we are in for a decent season with a pack to match especially with the returning Lodge and Schu. Early days but N.B in my opinion is a shrewd move, gives plenty of banter during games which will give the rest of the team an edge. Go Manly!

Lodge and brown are going to bring the starch we have been missing upfront big time. Paseka is still way too soft in his approach for my liking. He’s been a bit underwhelming for mine of late.
Unfortunately, Paseka is the sort of player that warms into the season as it progresses. Hopefully by the time Lodge comes back Paseka should be well and truly hitting his straps by then.

He’s always had that lunatic in him’: The enforcer bringing up unlikely 150th game​

For a reminder of how destructive Nathan Brown can be, look no further than the corresponding game between the Sydney Roosters and Manly last year.

Then with the Roosters, Brown was injected into the action at the SCG and lasted just 30 seconds before he was sent off for hitting Ben Trbojevic around the head. It was one of the rare times Jake Trbojevic, Ben’s older brother, lost his cool during a game.

Now with the Sea Eagles, Brown gets ridiculed about that incident at training whenever he comes close to the youngest Trbojevic.

The no-nonsense forward once dubbed “rugby league’s dirtiest player” by News Ltd papers will play his 150th game against the Roosters at a packed 4 Pines Park on Sunday afternoon

Brown is the first to admit that milestone could have arrived earlier – or possibly never at all – had he not landed in trouble so often with the referees.

The 31-year-old has been charged eight times since 2016, and missed seven games through suspension. He was fined $100 for a careless high tackle on South Sydney’s Jai Arrow in his first game for the Sea Eagles in Las Vegas.

Nathan Brown celebrates 150 NRL games on Sunday

Nathan Brown celebrates 150 NRL games on Sunday

Brown said of his bad boy reputation: “I’m 31 now, you re-start, and hope that tag gets put behind you.”

Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold and teammates certainly love the aggression Brown has brought to the northern beaches.

I remember that night, and it’s a funny one because those two [Brown and Trbojevic] get along so well – Browny has really emigrated into our group in a positive manner,” Seibold said.

“He’s been at five clubs, and making it to 150 games is a real credit to him given the way he plays the game.

He’s nice and aggressive and in the middle of the field; we want him to bring his weapons, which is his aggression, and he’s a good ball-playing forward as well.”

Back-rower Haumole Olakau’atu said of Brown: “‘Saucey’ has been awesome and nothing but a big help to us younger boys. What happened with ‘Burbo’ [Trbojevic] has been tossed up at training, and it’s always a good laugh.

He’s really old school, not really verbal, but he leads with his actions, and that’s what we love about him.”

Trbojevic laughed nervously when asked about Brown this week and said he had been assured by Jake after that game that “Browny is a very good bloke”.

Manly prop Aaron Woods, who has known Brown more than a decade, summed it up best when he said of the milestone: “Browny has always had that lunatic in him, but he has two sons now, he’s very happy in life, and for him it’s not about the money – he wants to revive his footy career and let his footy do the talking.”

The Italian international only signed a one-year deal with Manly, but believes he still has several good years in the NRL.

Funny how some guys get bad boy reputations yet others like a certain Mr Mitchell @ Souffs with a far worse rap sheet get lauded for their competitiveness.

Really only losing seven matches in 8 years to suspensions over 150 games isn't that bad considering the role he's expected to play.

Last edited:
I've rewatched that first round game maybe 6 times this week (I know, I know) hahaha

Brown absolutely gave us a whole truck load of momentum when he came on, and changed the trajectory of the game.

His leg speed for his age, is outstanding. He made Keppie look lethargic, and I love Keppie.

Funny how some guys get bad boy reputations yet others like a certain Mr Mitchell @ Souffs with a far worse rap sheet get lauded for their competitiveness.

Really only losing seven matches in 8 years to suspensions over 150 games isn't that bad considering the role he's expected to play.
And with Brown, at least he mans up and has a serious dig as an aggressor.
These players the media talk up about being tenacious like that Mahoney ex Eel now a dog in more ways than 1
Continually niggling with cheap shots and hides behind the big boys - these are the gas lighters who start more problems than the enforcer type players who like them or hate them - you respect them

After watching a replay of the Manly vs Roosters game, Brown absolutely lifted the team off the bench, lifting the players around him and personally was so direct and energised immediately....a thing that is very visible is his effort plays, he leads the lind speed defensively and have not seen a player at Manly do this for some time.
Been an Amazing signing early, with his attitude an A plus.

I wasn't a huge wrap on the signing cause I thought he was past his best and his leg speed had gone.... but I watched him in the trial at Gosford and in the first few games from us & his effort and involvement and just desire to compete and just mix it up have been very good. He's surprised me. I know he's no Watmough but he brings an element of that type of competitive beast compete on every play intensity we haven't had for a while. Doing a handy job

Like many I was completely against his signing but after only 2 games I've changed my tune, he's been unreal. It really seems we get a boost when he comes on and his ball playing is very handy around the ruck.

Let's hope he can maintain this level of play and energy for the whole season because if so that's a huge bargain and upgrade on what we've had in recent years. Watching the likes of Keppie, Taupau & Tuilagi plodder around on the weekend for other teams brought a smile to my face

Like many I was completely against his signing but after only 2 games I've changed my tune, he's been unreal. It really seems we get a boost when he comes on and his ball playing is very handy around the ruck.

Let's hope he can maintain this level of play and energy for the whole season because if so that's a huge bargain and upgrade on what we've had in recent years. Watching the likes of Keppie, Taupau & Tuilagi plodder around on the weekend for other teams brought a smile to my face
I fully recovered and fit lodge will only add to our pack. That for the first time in a long while is starting to intimidate other teams. Well done siebs and the coaching team. Love the way brown spoke in the clips of the manly way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8