Nathan Brown Impact?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Look I'm gunna start by saying I hated the bloke when he played for the opposition....and I loved the game he went into hiding when Oka was after him.
Also, not sure if he was on the slide, but noticed his impact was nowhere near as good this season, as where it was just a year or so ago.
So here we are and he is now a Seaeagle and like Lodge and others before these 2 boys, , I have come to accept and support, any player who wears the Manly jersey.
My feeling is he will be part of the starting 17 and bring some experience and hopefully some controlled aggression to a timid pack of big bodies.
Potentially a decent signing.

What's your thoughts on -
Will he make the 17
What can he add (if he plays)
Does he improve our squad for 2024 in your opinion

Look I'm gunna start by saying I hated the bloke when he played for the opposition....and I loved the game he went into hiding when Oka was after him.
Also, not sure if he was on the slide, but noticed his impact was nowhere near as good this season, as where it was just a year or so ago.
So here we are and he is now a Seaeagle and like Lodge and others before these 2 boys, , I have come to accept and support, any player who wears the Manly jersey.
My feeling is he will be part of the starting 17 and bring some experience and hopefully some controlled aggression to a timid pack of big bodies.

Will he make the 17
Yeah Nah?.. I have no idea any more. I was more into footy in previous years but my enthusiasm has waned. One can only take so much disappointment. I have no expectations these days. Comfortably numb...

2+ years ago he would've been a walk up start in just about any squad but I think his body is no longer capable of doing what his brain wants it to. Good depth signing on minimum coin but I'd be surprised if he makes the full strength squad. I think his best role in the team would be impact sub in the middle for 25ish minutes

Will he make the 17

Not 100% sure on this one as I have never really rated him. But the fact it is his last chance should inspire him. Does improve our depth and has the experience. 🤞

Yeah Nah?.. I have no idea any more. I was more into footy in previous years but my enthusiasm has waned. One can only take so much disappointment. I have no expectations these days. Comfortably numb...
I'm one more season ending injury for Turbo away from joining you in your apathy. Then again I said similar last year. Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.

1. I can't see why Seibold would add him to the squad, if it's not to either take pressure off Jake at lock, or add aggression generally from the bench. Top 17 for mine.

2.Just that Senior higher level NRL Experience that our other lot have lacked when imploding in past years. Has enough 👀 NT in him that along with Lodge to just take that pack mentality we seen at play against the storm in 23 and helps it grow each week. He can absolutely help blokes around learn to enjoy the grind.

3. Yep. Even if Manly can get 75 per cent of his best. My memory was he used to carry a bit of pud in his early grade days, was slow, unfit and only a thug. When he moved to Souths or the Eels i can't recall which. In one off season he became as fit as, totally changed his body shape. His aggression style in a trim and fitter frame seen him playing as one of the more elite locks in the comp I just hope he doesn't end his career how it started. He wasn't the same player at the roosters last year. He didn't get heaps of game time and kind of just looked disinterested even.

He's had a couple of coaches now let him go.Without knowing the issues at play. I reckon he probably needs a coach that shows him some love early. It's his experience in clutch moments that valuable. He needs to feel valued to get the best out of him. He knows what expectations and standards are needed to beat the best. Brown real value comes if he can be one of the ones in the team helping drive those standards and expectations.

Last edited:

Will he make the 17
with lodge out for first 5-8 rounds and sipley racing to be back between rounds 1 and 3 nathan brown and asati james should be battling off for a bench spot in LA for round 1. I think for the first half of the season brown will get the nod based off experince and his work ethic in training (named trainer of the week in week 2 amongst a squad of 35). That's giving asati james time in NSW to work on his defence and his hard strong running game. Brown will also be a lot more composed over James in LA.

Starting pack for round 1 (lodge and sipley out)
8. paseka
9. croker
10. aloiai
11. olakau'ata
12 schuster
13. jake

14. gordy
15. bullemor
16. brown / james
17. burbo

His aggression and communication will be his strength which will help complement players like jake and croker who are good communicators but not as aggressive. Only problem will be if he can physically keep up to speed and not get out muscled by opposing bench forwards. but not to worry brown is only up against sean keppie in round 1 where he's due for 2 errors and has the defensive awareness of a 14 year old.

his role will be 2nd or 3rd middle forward cover battling with james with aloai 1st when full strength with lodge starting and sipley bench.

hopefully he only plays 5 or less games for us this year but he could the difference between wining or losing with us needing to play players like fulton or condon instead who are NSW cup quality at best

1. I can't see why Seibold would add him to the squad, if it's not to either take pressure off Jake at lock, or add aggression generally from the bench. Top 17 for mine.

2.Just that Senior higher level NRL Experience that our other lot have lacked when imploding in past years. Has enough 👀 NT in him that along with Lodge to just take that pack mentality we seen at play against the storm in 23 and helps it grow each week. He can absolutely help blokes around learn to enjoy the grind.

3. Yep. Even if Manly can get 75 per cent of his best. My memory was he used to carry a bit of pud in his early grade days, was slow, unfit and only a thug. When he moved to Souths or the Eels i can't recall which. In one off season he became as fit as, totally changed his body shape. His aggression style in a trim and fitter frame seen him playing as one of the more elite locks in the comp I just hope he doesn't end his career how it started. He wasn't the same player at the roosters last year. He didn't get heaps of game time and kind of just looked disinterested even.

He's had a couple of coaches now let him go.Without knowing the issues at play. I reckon he probably needs a coach that shows him some love early. It's his experience in clutch moments that valuable. He needs to feel valued to get the best out of him. He knows what expectations and standards are needed to beat the best. Brown real value comes if he can be one of the ones in the team helping drive those standards and expectations.
Nailed it.

Roosters squad didn't need what he has to offer the way ours does. Give him purpose, make him feel significant, and he will relish the chance to lead the willing

Fair enough with some very disappointing recent times, but hope you get back amongst it when season starts rolling Jerry

Was good at slapping Barrett around!

“Question: what did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!!!” Rick James (I’m Rick James b$&@&) to Charlie Murphy

Chapelle Show, Charlie Murphy (RIP) True Hollywood Stories. It’s must see comedy!

Never a better chance for Brown to show what he's got with Lodge and Sips out for the opening rounds. Browns take no prisoners attitude could work for us, definitely worth playing first up from the bench.

He was signed as depth on minimum coin because both he and the club are under no illusions that his best is well behind him.

It’s all well and good to spin a nice fairy tale about his prospects for this coming season, but science will prevail and his crippled body and short fuse will lead to an underwhelming stint in the maroon and white.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8