My thought's on tonight.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cherry-Evans said in the post match interview that they were "gassed" at half time.

I thought he meant they had no energy left, but after thinking about the second half performance I'm wondering if he meant there was a gas leak in the sheds?
Don't mention the war!

In former years Ive always thought it was ridiculous to take the game away from Brookie and gamble with the two points & losing the home team advantage.
This year ,not so much.
Still proves that Penn's interest is still financial gain over winning games though.

In former years Ive always thought it was ridiculous to take the game away from Brookie and gamble with the two points & losing the home team advantage.This year ,not so much.
Our win away was better then our Brookie record so I don't think that was a gamble
The gamble was the bombs that went over Tom and Jorge's direction and our other mistakes that cost us the match

In former years Ive always thought it was ridiculous to take the game away from Brookie and gamble with the two points & losing the home team advantage.
This year ,not so much.
Still proves that Penn's interest is still financial gain over winning games though.
Still proves that Penn's interest is still financial gain over winning games though ???
The answer is .......
untitled.png

Our win away was better then our Brookie record so I don't think that was a gamble
The gamble was the bombs that went over Tom and Jorge's direction and our other mistakes that cost us the match
I realise this ,thus- the ,This year not so much statement.

Cherry-Evans said in the post match interview that they were "gassed" at half time.

I thought he meant they had no energy left, but after thinking about the second half performance I'm wondering if he meant there was a gas leak in the sheds?
I don't know about them being gassed at halftime but they were certainly gassed in the pre-game warm up by all of the smoke from the fireworks during and after the indigenous entertainment before the game.

For whatever reason we put the cue in the rack after 9 minutes.
Yep, just like the South's game at Brookie where we got out to an 18 point lead and as you say, put the cue back in the rack.

The team is a work in progress. Disappointing to lose that after a promising start but we should take positives from it. Two tries I consider absolute flukes got them 12 points and changed the game.
We haven't played finals for a couple of years so it's also good experience to play on such a big stage.

We really should have won it. If sironen holds a pass and we go in at 14-6 we win easily. I was at the ground tonite and knew that 14 was never enough. The up side is we can and will compete with the best this year. We are a top 8 side that is clear. God I pray Turbo is ok though. Let's move on and get ready for the Titans.
I dont know im not sold on siro , i was when we got him , but he just hasn't got it yet and seems to be making errors at crucial times .

@mutley I get WHY we take a game from Brooky. I just think alternative venue's would be preferable to a powerhouse home theatre.

I'd rather a venue more nuetral like The Central Coast, Perth or somewhere else.

But why provide The Broncos a leg up? Our strike rate is 0% there since our agreement with Suncorp. Zero.

Why does that label me a troll?

Simply put, the Bronco's showed why they are a top 4 side and we showed why we are a top 8 side.

We didn't so much drop off ... but Bronco's went up a gear in both attack and defence .. aided by a very dubious 10m. Once possession and momentum changed we were in a battle and they won.

It isn't always a case of we were **** ... often it is a case of the 13 guys on the other team do good.

But it confirms we are able to compete, and we will only get better ... same game next week we probably win.

I am inclined to agree. We took it up to the Broncos at their own ground and were far from disgraced, in fact we were a tad unlucky in the end. Playing those big games against top opposition is important for the development of this new team we have. I see no reason we can't continue to improve, although Tom's injury will stretch our depth. I wish Tom Wright was making faster progress.

Agree we copped some dud calls, but the game was there to be won....the second half was just not up to standard.
Why ???
Again agree some calls change momentum, but if you want to compete with the best teams- you must be able to overcome adversity.

Taufua was stripped cold. You could see Kahu rip the ball in the first replay. Apart from that moment, Jorge had a great game.

The hit on Tom was legal as the kick had already bounced and both teams were in the contest for the ball after that. I still think that Tom could have got it on the full if he really had made the effort. To be honest, as much as he did great tonight, he put us under the pump a couple of times.
If his leg doesn't get caught up underneath and there is no injury he doesn't drop the ball. It's footy and those things happen. He obviously didn't think he could get there on the full. Nobody can question his effort. I don't know when you think he put us under the pump? Maybe when he was carving them up through the middle or saving a try with a dive to knock the ball dead in the first half?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8