My thought's on tonight.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
As I said before the game the refs (Turdberg) will determine the outcome. The Broncos 10m in the 2nd half particularly was non existent and not 1 penalty for it. We were styfled by it unlike the opening 15min. Once they realised they could stand offside with immunity then they exploited it and as usual the pissweak refs did nothing.

Agree we copped some dud calls, but the game was there to be won....the second half was just not up to standard.
Why ???
Again agree some calls change momentum, but if you want to compete with the best teams- you must be able to overcome adversity.
We did more than compete until they realised how much they were allowed to shorten then 10m. It was all over from then for us. The Nrl is just a joke with refereeing and all 3 games yesterday proved it.

We made far too many errors. Turning over too much possession and letting kicks bounce. Two try's came directly from our errors. Can't win with 45% of possession. We had the opportunity to put 24 to 30 points on them in the first half and we didn't take our opportunities. We will miss Young Tommy whilst he's out - but our goal kicking problem will be solved with Hasting in the side. Whilst Green looks okay with the ball his defence is suspect. He spends too much time sliding and I even saw him going backwards against the Storm after initially moving up. I am a Winterstein fan but I am concerned about his lateral defence. He left a gaping hole in our defensive line last night leading to a try with a very poor read last night.

We have to learn from our mistakes.

Tommy has a habit of letting balls bounce he should have taken on the full .

Jorge was stripped but he gets targeted because he is good for a loose carry coming out of trouble.

That second half we came out flat. I'm not convinced we weren't trying to defend that lead.

Apart from one hit up by AFB and one by Marty in the second. Our forwards just went through the motions. Zero enthusiasm. Zero impact.

Fitness. Broncos play at a faster pace then most. We struggled to keep up in the last 20.

Our goal kicking is just not good enough. It's the psychological difference, going up in 4's.

We are not far away. But we just got a massive lesson. One per centers win games. If we want to play finals. On all those little things we just need to be better.

No excuses, Our fitness in an up tempo game cost us that match.

We made far too many errors. Turning over too much possession and letting kicks bounce. Two try's came directly from our errors. Can't win with 45% of possession. We had the opportunity to put 24 to 30 points on them in the first half and we didn't take our opportunities. We will miss Young Tommy whilst he's out - but our goal kicking problem will be solved with Hasting in the side. Whilst Green looks okay with the ball his defence is suspect. He spends too much time sliding and I even saw him going backwards against the Storm after initially moving up. I am a Winterstein fan but I am concerned about his lateral defence. He left a gaping hole in our defensive line last night leading to a try with a very poor read last night.
100% agree with that!

Green and Winterstein biggest defense issues but in saying that we have enough talk and cover to still do very well defensively. Our first 40m on own goal line showed that.

We were our own worst enemies though. We gave them 2 tries and coughed the ball up too easy.

Yes, the 10m was a joke seriously with blair and co sprinting out of line before api had even let the ball go. Thought dce still did a great job to get some nice long balls and keeps away under pressure but the 10m or non existent stiffled our attack.

Broncos went up a gear second half we were flat. Needed more energy in defence and attack. You cant gift opposition 2 tries either. Add the injury to Tom and then hastings couldn't play his usual spark from hooker and our best attacking weapon goes off. And still only down 18-14 with 10 to go and a few chances to regain the lead but just lacked energy and walker was carrying his shoulder. He was a passenger.

Last edited:
I dont know im not sold on siro , i was when we got him , but he just hasn't got it yet and seems to be making errors at crucial times .
Still think there was a very good reason why he couldn't make firsts at the Tigpies. I just don't think he is a first grade standard player

No idea why we are complimenting the first half performance. The first 10-15mins with a fresh, direct, sharp power game we controlled possession and field position, once possession evened up due to errors and a lack of prolonged direct/power sharpness in our go forward we lacked the tempo to win the grind.(Forward/depth rotation has been a big issue all year)

Manly play well with a flat deck roll on but once we get caught in the grind we can fatigue easily, lose field position, with a big increase in defensive workload.

The fist pumping at half time congratulating the defensive effort should have been replaced with anger and annoyance for allowing the game to turn so much that Manly were gassed at half time.

8 carries between AFB and Lawrence for less than 100m is not going to win you games, if AFB is doing 20 tackles coming off the bench you know field position is being dictated by the opposition.

We can't continue to have both Hastings and Brown on the interchange bench together, we need another forward that can continue to offer spark and momentum.

Once Marty is replaced or gassed the tempo falls away way too fast---too much workload on one forward to keep the tempo up.

In saying that the Broncos were given way too much latitude in moving forward early after each tackle.(yes at times slow predictable fatigued delivery from dummy half contributed but for the most part the Broncos defensive line was moving forward way too early)

Everything is easy in hindsight. But Green went for a Glory play on the last at about the 60 min mark. We needed another repeat set. Just continue to try and fatigue them and wear em down till points.

I wonder if Winterstein was injured. Replaced at the 50 minute mark. Had a shocker in both defence and attack. He just didn't look like he even wanted to be out on the field.

We went as i thought okay. Goal kicking a issue when in tight games, we are continuing to learn.
Api is growing on me good game, our weak areas is our poor 2nd row and whats thoughts on Jorge can we continue to cop errors that can lose games ?

If his leg doesn't get caught up underneath and there is no injury he doesn't drop the ball. It's footy and those things happen. He obviously didn't think he could get there on the full. Nobody can question his effort. I don't know when you think he put us under the pump? Maybe when he was carving them up through the middle or saving a try with a dive to knock the ball dead in the first half?
Yes, as I said, he did great tonight, he did carve them up through the middle and saved a certain try, just felt that it wasn't his best game handling wise.

Can't be too harsh imo. We won that game fairly. I mitigate that comment with the fact I'm completely bias BUT,

X Bronco's first try, I thought at TWO separate occasion's, we'd be sweet, as there was two clear forward passes.

X Bronco's second try. I'm not sure if that farkwit Bulldog Luke Patten dropped his joint into his crotch, and was rubbing his eyes as Jorge Taufua was stripped of the ball, but I personally think it was there for all to see, or am I imagining this crap?

These are momentum decisions. The NRL has once again shown it's unbalanced, unfair approach.

That's just me though.

Team played well otherwise - kind of put the queue in the wrack in that second half though.

Have to say, whoever thought taking a HOME game away from season ticket holders as a cash cow for the club to Suncorp against The Bronco's is an absolute moron though. Sorry.
100% Ryan. Taking one of our precious home games away to the bush is actually a brilliant idea - Suncorp isn't the bush.
Jorge was stripped - still I can't quite understand how our intensity seemed to fall away so quickly in the second half. Thats a mystery after such a strong first half effort. Some here are blaming Barrett for poor bench rotation. Maybe there's something in that.

Still think there was a very good reason why he couldn't make firsts at the Tigpies. I just don't think he is a first grade standard player
Add Frankenstein into this too. 15 tackles for 43m or something very average. Needs to lift the workrate massively

Everything is easy in hindsight. But Green went for a Glory play on the last at about the 60 min mark. We needed another repeat set. Just continue to try and fatigue them and wear em down till points.

I wonder if Winterstein was injured. Replaced at the 50 minute mark. Had a shocker in both defence and attack. He just didn't look like he even wanted to be out on the field.
yep his stats were extremely poor. No workrate at all. Both our 2nd rowers have been very inconsistant and unless they work on that area (consistancy) we should be looking elsewhere.

No idea why we are complimenting the first half performance. The first 10-15mins with a fresh, direct, sharp power game we controlled possession and field position, once possession evened up due to errors and a lack of prolonged direct/power sharpness in our go forward we lacked the tempo to win the grind.(Forward/depth rotation has been a big issue all year)

Manly play well with a flat deck roll on but once we get caught in the grind we can fatigue easily, lose field position, with a big increase in defensive workload.

The fist pumping at half time congratulating the defensive effort should have been replaced with anger and annoyance for allowing the game to turn so much that Manly were gassed at half time.

8 carries between AFB and Lawrence for less than 100m is not going to win you games, if AFB is doing 20 tackles coming off the bench you know field position is being dictated by the opposition.

We can't continue to have both Hastings and Brown on the interchange bench together, we need another forward that can continue to offer spark and momentum.

Once Marty is replaced or gassed the tempo falls away way too fast---too much workload on one forward to keep the tempo up.

In saying that the Broncos were given way too much latitude in moving forward early after each tackle.(yes at times slow predictable fatigued delivery from dummy half contributed but for the most part the Broncos defensive line was moving forward way too early)

I saw it the same way as you Tech and what you have alluded to regarding how we start to fatigue under a heavy defensive load, that was what I was meaning in the first couple of rounds when I said our fitness was an issue. If the possession creeps away from us and we start defending around the 20 min mark we really struggle to recover and start to look for easy options to get the momentum back instead of trusting our process. We have the makings of a great side however I believe we are 2 maybe 3 blue chip forwards short of a top 4 team.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10