• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Narcissus - That's a good question. It actually only costs 20 cents to do a Funds Transfer, Transaction History or Bpay on the internet. Balances etc are obviously free. I wouldn't think this too harsh, when you consider mailing the cheque for the Bill would at least cost you time and 50 cents for a stamp.

Fro - I agree with you about The Credit Card thing, and I'm sure practices are changing to reflect this issue. These things take time though.

Garts - It's all about value for money. My concern was primarily for families that lived further than 10 kilometres from Brookvale Oval. In Banking, there are always ways you can have fee free banking. ALWAYS. The Bank is consistently upgrading it's facilities for its customer base, and offers a very sound service base.
The Sea Eagles "media" on its official site bag its own paying members, not much has really changed at the ground, the Leagues Club in my opinion isn't the best (Check our Panthers for example), and they freely ban it's own clients from its own website (term - biting the hand that feeds you springs to mind).

Man - imagine I could ban everyone from Banking who complained about us !!! LoL. I've said this before, but there would be a lot of stuffed mattresses.

The thing with Banking, is that there is freedom of choice. If you don't want to pay for the service, there is the old way of not having an ATM Card, telephone or Internet Banking. Just get paid cash, and keep it under your mattress. It would make it difficult to pay bills etc, but I'm sure you could manage....hehehehe...

Exactly mate - therefore Banks are a necessary tool, just like doctors, food suppliers, tradesman etc etc. Why therefore do people think Banks are the only one's who shouldn't make a decent profit for their shareholders/investors. We supply a service for the demand. People pay for that privalige.

If you Bank with me - you won't complain about fees, because you will be getting value for money, and it won't be an issue.

I go to the footy, get treated poorly by the club. I can afford $2 extra. Can a family of 5 who travel 30 k/m's with the high price of petrol, and the increase in food prices? Where has The Ground improved by $32,000 per fortnight on average?

Where has The Ground improved by $32,000 per fortnight on average?

Where have the banks improved by 100's of millions of dollars per year??

Oh, thats right, shutting branches so that poor family has to travel an extra 10km's to get to the branch to get value for money from the fees they pay

Man - imagine I could ban everyone from Banking who complained about us !!! LoL. I've said this before, but there would be a lot of stuffed mattresses.

Good onya for having a crack at answering these questions ;)

Ryan can you explain why you think you got banned on MSE?

[quote author=Ryan]

Oh, thats right, shutting branches so that poor family has to travel an extra 10km's to get to the branch to get value for money from the fees they pay
[/quote]

Exactly, I dont see any more value for money from my bank. All I see is higher fees and less branches to go to if needed as they are all closing. What about the poor pensioners who like the face to face contact at a bank as they cant use the net for banking.

What about inflation? Does this not justify a slight increase. It seems to be enough justification for the banks increase in fees.

[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

Good call! Banks have closed Branch's in all the remote area's or put in In Store Branch's that don't offer the same services. So people have to travel long distances to get crap service anyway.

Just a question Ryan - How do you manage to look after ALL your customers .... when you spend so much time on here? :D

Actually guys - I come on here between files to stay fresh.

Byso said: "Ryan can you explain why you think you got banned on MSE?"

Before you go off half cocked being a smart arse, there was more to it than just that. I publicly announced something that contained threats to me, and the message I received made mention that "everyone on the official site felt a certain way about me". The comments were made in regard to comments made to me ON that site. Therefore, I looked for answers ON that site. I was banned, and the person who said they acted on behalf of that site, didn't (the club was in acceptance or support of his comments). So Byso, before you shoot before you think as usual, try and use a little non uno-dimensional thinking - that is to not try to make yourself look better than you actually are.
You tried to enflame the situation between Corso Pete and myself at the time, with your little comments and little emoticons, and we were too adult to enter into that.

To everyone else, you'd be happy to know that "we" are going through a re-building process. It is called customer first. What that means is branch OPENNINGS, being more flexible, more competative in the market place & more approachable & affordable.

Your past experiences with Banking are what they are. I can't change that. All I can say, is that if you deal with me or my Bank in the future, you will be pleasantly surprised.

[quote author=Fluffy]
[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

Exactly, I dont see any more value for money from my bank. All I see is higher fees and less branches to go to if needed as they are all closing. What about the poor pensioners who like the face to face contact at a bank as they cant use the net for banking.

What about inflation? Does this not justify a slight increase. It seems to be enough justification for the banks increase in fees.

[/quote]

Garts - we are openning branches, and have accounts that give great interest to pensioners. Of coarse some people are going to be adverse to electronic banking. Again, it's about education..it's about superannuation (allocated pensions), and talking to people while they are young, so they create enough wealth to not worry about getting a pension in the 1st place.

We ALL can do it you know. Debt recycling is the way to go these days guys.

excellent, so all the country towns who have lost their banks can now look forward to them being reopened?? Fat chance.

I forgot that NSW stands for Newcastle Sydney and Wollongong. The state does extend beyond the blue mountains.

We are focusing on country towns Fro.

We all just can't stand to say we admit that Nab is trying to improve on the perception of where Banks are on the whole can we?

big country towns maybe, eg Dubbo, Tamworth, Wagga, places like that. the smaller towns can go swing as far as big banking is concerned.

We have got all of them here, but anywhere smaller is lucky to have any of the big 4.

NAB may well be Ryan, I cant say as I dont bank with them, but you cant stand there and say they would reopen a branch out of a sense of community or anything of that ilk. They would do it if they saw a profit in it, and for no other reason.

big country towns maybe, eg Dubbo, Tamworth, Wagga, places like that. the smaller towns can go swing as far as big banking is concerned.

We have got all of them here, but anywhere smaller is lucky to have any of the big 4.

NAB may well be Ryan, I cant say as I dont bank with them, but you cant stand there and say they would reopen a branch out of a sense of community or anything of that ilk. They would do it if they saw a profit in it, and for no other reason.

Exactly, if a town has less than 5000 people their only chance of a bank is getting a Bendigo franchise up and running.

well I am convinced banks are all good and have the customers best interests at heart and should probably charge us more fees ;)

Ryan, just wanted to point out that I, am not bagging out the NAB. Personally I have never been a customer, but I am for business reason's, which I have found the service commendable. Most people on here, are probably talking about their experiences with the other banks. Please don't take it personal, and I think you are doing pretty good, defending your bank. Unfortunately, my bank, didn't give a stuff about it's staff, let alone it's customers. Remember also, all bank's have different fee structures, so some of the complaints here, may not be relevant to your bank. :)

Most people on here are probably basing their perceptions from A Curent Affair, The Daily Telegraph or Today Today.

They actually are ripped off more by Woolworths & Coles who mark up their good by between 50% to 100%.

well I am convinced banks are all good and have the customers best interests at heart and should probably charge us more fees ;)

Well - that is the way I feel about my clients. If you put yourself in the position of being able to be taken advantage of, it's through no fault of mine.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8