[moved] Surprise, surprise!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What I am referring to Mata is the damage caused by alcohol related incidents, ie drink driving, assaults etc.

We don't fully know what the cost of E use will be yet.

EG: will it come back to bite us with a huge spike in mental health issues when the current 22 year olds hit 50?

So what have we learned?

Drugs are cool so do it in moderation.

Byso, have you once ever in your entire life ever formed your own opinion, or do you simply record every advertisement and every campaign that crosses your path and then regurgitate it in a garbled fashion 15 years down the track?

No one said it is cool, what we are saying is something completely different, but all I hear is the distant echo of it bouncing around in empty space.

What we are saying is it naive to treat things in teh black and white fashion you do!

[quote author=byso]
So what have we learned?

Drugs are cool so do it in moderation.

Byso, have you once ever in your entire life ever formed your own opinion, or do you simply record every advertisement and every campaign that crosses your path and then regurgitate it in a garbled fashion 15 years down the track?

No one said it is cool, what we are saying is something completely different, but all I hear is the distant echo of it bouncing around in empty space.

What we are saying is it naive to treat things in teh black and white fashion you do!
[/quote]

Just because you use the ****, doesn't make it OK to do so.

Shove your condescending comments up your arse knuckle head.

Who said I use any of it byso?

No where at any time did i say I use it. Having tried it here or there does not mean I "use it"

You get simply what you deserve and the condescending comments are actual opinion based on the information and experience of speaking with you rather than just naive stumblings in the dark fuelled by 3rd 4th and 5th hand information

NAh, you simply try to justify why you've "tried" the gear. By hiding behind the fact you are informed. How many addicts do you think initially shared your liberal view before going over the edge?

There is no justification for "trying" it imho.

no excuse huh?

No one is making excuses what people are up in arms against you for in this one byso is your black and white ignorant view.

By the way your opinion is far from humble

Call me what you like. But I was in the scene between 18-24 at raves and whatever. I had many friends that took the **** and was offered gear many times, by strangers and friends.

I never had the need to do it. I could have a good time without it.

So do I think I’m better than you and Duff or anyone else who are followers and haven't got the gumption to say no to there mates............. **** yeah!

You guys can sex drugs up as much as you like, as what Mata said one hit can kill.
I haven't been on here for a while.

That is arrogant BS Byso. You're not better than me, I don't see how anyone could be.

Why do you think that it's this big temptation that you give in to?
Is it possible that the first time a person takes something it's because they actually saught it out through curiosity & a willingness to try new things & explore new avenues.
If you're too small minded to cope with a whole new world of experience, then you probably should steer clear. Other people may want to see what else is out there, away from the mundane blandness of square society.

And stop throwing accusations my way. I've not once said whether I do or don't indulge in anything (other than beer).

[quote author=byso]
Call me what you like. But I was in the scene between 18-24 at raves and whatever. I had many friends that took the **** and was offered gear many times, by strangers and friends.

I never had the need to do it. I could have a good time without it.

So do I think I’m better than you and Duff or anyone else who are followers and haven't got the gumption to say no to there mates............. **** yeah!

You guys can sex drugs up as much as you like, as what Mata said one hit can kill.
I haven't been on here for a while.

That is arrogant BS Byso. You're not better than me, I don't see how anyone could be.

Why do you think that it's this big temptation that you give in to?
Is it possible that the first time a person takes something it's because they actually saught it out through curiosity & a willingness to try new things & explore new avenues.
If you're too small minded to cope with a whole new world of experience, then you probably should steer clear. Other people may want to see what else is out there, away from the mundane blandness of square society.

And stop throwing accusations my way. I've not once said whether I do or don't indulge in anything (other than beer).

[/quote]

I don't really give a rat's what you or anyone else do Duff, that's your bussiness and your perogitive.

You call Byso small minded. He is expressing an opinion and an opinion shared by what I would say would be a majority. By your definitions you are small minded by by ignoring societies opinions.

Again , I don't judge what you do, your life do as you wish, but don't label people who disagree with your view on drugs smallminded.

I've said many times I'm talking drugs in general, but because this is the drug of choice for the fans out there. Heres some stuff I've dragged up. And it clearly says that i'm CORRECT in saying. The drug"CAN" (not will) kill.

http://www.ycdrugcourt.org/ecstasy.htm

ECSTASY:

Facts:

Ø Ecstasy is MDMA (3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. It belongs to a family of drugs called “entactogens”, which literally means “touching within”. Other drugs in this category include MDA, MDE and MBDB.

Ø Ecstasy is an illegal, synthetic or designer drug. Designer drugs mimic an already illegal drug by slightly altering the chemical composition. Ecstasy is similar to methamphetamine and MDA in its chemistry, therefore it may have similar effects to other amphetamines. The amount of MDMA needed to get high is close to the toxic dose. Ecstasy acts a central nervous system stimulant.

Ø Ecstasy is found in capsule or pill form of various colors. It may also be in powder form. It is used at “rave” party settings. Other names for Ecstasy are ‘wonder drug’ and XTC, X, Extasy, E or Extacy.

Ø Ecstasy causes the brain to release serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps control mood. Users often experience euphoria, enhanced mental and emotional clarity and heightened sensory perceptions. When the drug wears off in three to six hours the user’s brain has been depleted of serotonin. This can contribute to depression and harm parts of the brain responsible for thought and memory. It has also led to heart attacks, strokes and seizures in some users. Recent studies with humans and baboons revealed that repeated ecstasy use has an adverse effect on serotonin levels in the brain. Recent studies indicate the Ecstasy causes permanent brain damage in areas critical to thoughts and memory. It damages the neurons that use serotonin to communicate with other neurons.

Ø Because users feel energetic, many dance until they are dehydrated. This has led to deaths from heat exhaustion and kidney and cardiovascular system failure. Ecstasy use greatly increases blood pressure and heart rate. Body temperature can increase to 109 degrees. Users who develop an acne-like rash and continue to use Ecstasy are at increased risk of sever liver damage.

Short Term Effects of Ecstasy:
feelings of detachment muscle tension sweating or chills insomnia
tremors hypertension increase in heart rate decrease in appetite
dehydration nausea fainting blurred vision/rapid eye movements
loss of drives such as hunger, sleep death

Long Term Effects of Ecstasy:
anorexia high blood pressure kidney failure change in emotion
stroke affects memory changes in brain chemistry

Psychological effects of Ecstasy:
confusion depression sleep problems anxiety
paranoia hallucinations psychotic episodes panic

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/03/07/1141493647883.html

Mother's ecstasy death sparks warning

* Email
* Print
* Normal font
* Large font

By David Braithwaite
March 7, 2006 - 11:53AM
AdvertisementAdvertisement

The death of a 27-year-old mother of two who reacted badly to ecstasy highlights the risks of using the drug, a Sydney drug expert has warned.

Meeghan Turra, from Mt Barker in the Adelaide Hills, died on Sunday after being rushed to hospital in the early hours of the morning.

Relatives said it was the first time Ms Turra, who had two boys aged three and six months, had used ecstasy. They described her actions as completely out of character.

National Drug and Alcohol Research Council information officer Paul Dillon said Ms Turra was older than most people reported to have died from ecstasy.

"The interesting thing here is it was an older person," he said.

"Often when a young teen dies people say they had a lack of life experience and didn't know what they were doing, but she had some life experience.

"It would be very unusual if she died from MDMA poisoning but it could have been many different things, such as hypothermia or a pre-existing condition like a heart problem.

"It's interesting talking to groups of ecstasy users after someone dies.

"There's always a round of excuses why, but the reality is they died because they took ecstasy and it causes problems."

Mr Dillon said recorded deaths from ecstasy use were rare, but they could be under-reported.

"It's very difficult to know the numbers because people often die a number of days after from complications so MDMA does not appear on the death certificate," he said.

"Often these cases only get attention when the media picks them up.

"[Deaths] are very rare but the most important thing to remember is it does happen and unfortunately there's a belief that ecstasy is really benign.

"It's also annoying when people talk about a bad batch, because it implies there's a good batch, but we know that's not true."

Mr Dillon said the non-lethal consequences of ecstasy use also deserved attention.

"There's a range of other consequences such as psychological problems, and we don't know enough about that area." he said.

"I think people need to know there are risks when taking any drug - it does not matter whether they're legal or illegal, because different drugs affect different people in different ways.

"Because ecstasy has a reputation as a benign substance they don't think about the consequences.

"These kinds of situations show that things can go wrong, and the tragic consequences that can affect people and those around them."

Royal Adelaide Hospital officials said Mrs Turra's death was not associated with a bad batch of ecstasy thought to be in circulation in Adelaide.

"The problem is you're never going to guarantee how people respond to any given batch of pills," the hospital's illicit drug expert David Caldicott said.

"Different people metabolise drugs in different ways."

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=3644668

7/26/05
Autopsy Report Shows Teen Died of Ecstasy Overdose
Coronado Yearbook
Coronado Yearbook

An autopsy report confirms it was a drug overdose that killed a Coronado student last month. The release of Thomas Mallory's autopsy report offers new details about what happened the night of June 10th.

get more>> Web Enhanced
Thomas Mallory: Autopsy & Toxicology Report
The Lubbock Medical Examiner released Autopsy and Toxicology reports late Tuesday afternoon in the death investigation of 16-year-old Coronado student, Thomas Mallory. Click here to view the complete report.

The Lubbock medical examiner believes the 16-year-old took ecstasy around 7:30 p.m. that night. It wasn't until 11:38 p.m. that Mallory arrived at UMC's emergency room, unconscious. Doctors pronounced him brain dead several hours later. The medical examiner ruled Mallory's death an accident.

"What did he take, sir?" "Hey what did he...ecstasy is what he was trying to...he took ecstasy. He took ecstasy? I just know he took ecstasy. " That was the 9-1-1 call on June 10th that further proved Mallory took the drug also known as MDMA.

Chief Medical Examiner Sridhar Natarajan says, "These drugs are so dangerous they can cause death just by taking them, they don't have to reach a certain level." According to the medical examiner it only takes one pill of ecstasy to cause a death. "What may be lethal to one person, might not be to another." In Thomas Mallory's case, his toxicology test showed traces of both octals and marijuana.

The report also mentioned Mallory did not get medical attention until four hours after taking the drug. Natarajan said, "By the time Mallory was found he was in a coma and unresponsive and at the time of arrival to the hospital, there was depletion of oxygen to the brain."

The medical examiners are relieved this portion of the investigation is complete, but this is only the beginning of the end. "We have completed our report, now it goes to the DA's office, we also gave a copy to the family and spoke with the family."

The medical examiner told NewsChannel 11 although the autopsy report says the manner of death was an accident, it is up to the justice system to further investigate.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=134767

Dance drug kills
Keith Moor, Insight editor
18jul05

Insight report
NURSE Belinda Davey became Victoria's first fatal victim of the party drug GHB within hours of smiling for this photo. It was taken as she headed out to celebrate a friend's 21st birthday.

That celebration turned to tragedy when Belinda died in a drug dealer's car outside Melbourne's Pure Hard Dance club after taking a mouthful of GHB.

GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) sells for as little as $5 a hit and is known on the street as G, juice, grievous bodily harm (GBH), fantasy and liquid E.

Its cheapness makes it the target of schoolchildren and other young people with little money.

Belinda, 21, went from never using illegal drugs to being persuaded to try ecstasy to dying of an overdose in less than a month.

Her parents want other parents and children to learn from their daughter's death.

"My daughter would be alive today if she hadn't been pressured to take ecstasy at a nightclub," Belinda's father told the Herald Sun .

"A month after swallowing that first tablet she was dead of a drug overdose.

"What a tragic waste of a life. Belinda had a good job, a good home, a loving family, lots of friends and was happy and healthy -- she had everything to live for."

Belinda left the Pure Hard Dance club in Bullens Lane, off Russell St, about lunchtime on Saturday, February 19, after partying continuously since the previous night.

Known as PHD, it is a rave recovery venue and day club that opens at 7.30am and closes at 5pm on Saturdays.

It was operating out of the Altitude Bar in Bullens Lane at the time of Belinda's death, but recently moved to bigger premises in the city.

Drug dealers peddle their deadly wares from cars parked nearby.

Evidence suggests Belinda wanted one more ecstasy tablet to keep her going until PHD closed.

Belinda then got into a teenage drug dealer's vehicle in the public car park below the Saville On Russell hotel at 222 Russell St about lunchtime.

Thirsty after a long night of non-stop dancing, Belinda took a swig from a water bottle in the car -- not knowing it contained the colourless and odourless drug GHB.

An off-duty policeman found her dead in the car about six hours later.

"Had those with her taken her to hospital she might still be alive today." Belinda's father said.

"Neither her mother nor I could believe it when police said it was a suspected drug overdose.

"Not our Belinda, we thought. There was never any signs of her being a drug user of any sort, let alone one that would take them to such excess.

"Her death has left a hole in my life that will never be filled. A part of me died with her. Friends have told me I have aged 10 years in the months since her death."

Belinda's tragic death is a stark reminder of the dangerous game of Russian roulette being played by thousands of regular ravers and clubbers.

The danger they face is not having any idea what harmful chemicals are in the pills they are popping and liquids they are drinking.

You could take six ecstasy tablets on a Friday night and have enough energy to rave until dawn.

You could take three on a Saturday night and not feel any different.

You could take one on Sunday and die.

Such is the unpredictability of the ecstasy, GHB and amphetamine-based drugs sweeping Melbourne's dance scene. Police say the use of drugs by clubbers is so widespread -- and accepted as normal by ravers -- that you are just about the odd one out if you don't take them.

Byso, the point is that I CAN get killed walking out my front door tonight. It does happen.

We are arguing risks, not whether something CAN kill or not. An internet chat room can kill FFS.

I always argued that it CAN kill and some are arguing against that. I've proved you wrong. Game set and match!

Instead of dancing around the subject, while throwing hand grenades.

Why don't you put forward what you really think on the recreational drug "culture"?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8