Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brown is a little like watmough. Not as good but he has the timing element in both attack and defence that we lack. Part of the reason he gets smashed so often is that he takes the harder carries and leads the d line. Not always but he ups the tempo

considering our back row it seems keadership is on the coaches minds

manly v parra always has some extra spice but swapping players like harper and brown swap will increase the intensity. Harper strikes me as a player we can let go but will be a tougher opponent

Bastardry yes, but not because he is feared. More likely to say 'that pricks a bastard lets go bash him'.

He's a flat track bully. When was the last time you saw Brown get over the top of a proper enforcer forward? Say JWH or Fisher-Harris? He will do well when playing the bottom dwellers of this season (predicting Tigers, Titans, Dragons) but wouldn't make a dent against Storm, Roosters, Souths, Penrith or Cowboys.

When I think of a real bastard opposition player its JWH or Asofa-Solomona. Hate both of them but have to respect what they do for the team. Brown as some sort of enforcer is laughable.
He played with great ferocity running straight and hard at the line
Unlike some of our 2022 flat track bullies blokes that ran at half pace and across the field

Hmmm interesting.

Not huge on Brown but I'm not huge on Harper either.

We do lack a bit of experience in the pack and could do with a middle.

Could be okay with this as long as we weren't looking to extend Bron beyong this year....allows us to ease in some younger forwards

I'd also only want us paying Harpers wage to Brown with Parra picking up the difference

I'd also only want us paying Harpers wage to Brown with Parra picking up the difference

Someone on the Parra forum (the only one that can read and write I expect) said that Brown is on 650k and the reason they want a swap is to free up some salary cap for the fight to keep Moses ...

If so, I doubt they will want to pay too much of the difference ... and at that sort of money I'm going cold on the idea.

Sorry y'all but I honestly think Brown is nothing but a past-it thugaholic and flogaholic, the original "flat track bully" who brings in nothing but bad habits and bad ideas. God the OneEyed Eel forum was killing him in cold blood last year but suddenly he is the answer for our forward pack? That is a very hard No from me.

Jeez this forum always seemed to get off on flogging Marty for his effort (not me), but now we want Brown??

I respect Harper as a decent player and seems to be a good guy, although I am the first to observe that a premiership-winning backline does not feature him and Parker together. One of them, maybe. But I am quite convinced there is more upside in him than Brown.

I reckon this might be a non-story beat-up.

Not sold on getting Brown. He is well, well past his best.

I'm not unhappy about potentially losing Harper. Solid player, but we have younger, better centres in front of him.

Not sold on getting Brown. He is well, well past his best.

I'm not unhappy about potentially losing Harper. Solid player, but we have younger, better centres in front of him.
I agree with you feathered friend
Brown is past his Intimidating best
I would rather give Future star players Like Zac Fulton the opportunity to rise

Someone please explain the maths to management...

Centre depth:
Koula
Parker
Harper

Back row depth:
Jake Turbo
Olakau-atu
Tuilagi
Lawton
Bullemor
Fulton
Fainu (next big thing)
Fifita (next big thing)
Ben Turbo

Why would we want to swap Harper for Nathan Brown who is being let go at Parra???

Last edited:

Centre depth:
Koula
Parker
Harper

Back row depth:
Jake Turbo
Olakau-atu
Tuilagi
Bullemor
Fulton
Fainu (next big thing)
Fifita (next big thing)
Ben Turbo

Why would we want to swap Harper for Nathan Brown who is being let go at Parra???
Different coach same hairbrain decisions

My only thought is that if there is a club who is bad judge of talent then it is parra
He was totally on the outer with the Eels all year, but then they relented and whisked him into the 17 when they had a crunch game (like, er, the grand final).
I can see arguments for and against, happy to leave it to the club to make the right call, they'd know far more about it than most of us.

He was totally on the outer with the Eels all year, but then they relented and whisked him into the 17 when they had a crunch game (like, er, the grand final).
I can see arguments for and against, happy to leave it to the club to make the right call, they'd know far more about it than most of us.
I see it as a gamble (and a big if as I would guess this is most likely untrue and pushed by agents) that what we lack in the forwards is covered in the 3/4 line

My only thought is that if there is a club who is bad judge of talent then it is parra

I think parra's only motivation is to save some money on the cap .. if they can get a $200k reduction it might just be the difference in keeping Moses .. the actual player they swap him for is secondary

Centre depth:
Koula
Parker
Harper

Back row depth:
Jake Turbo
Olakau-atu
Tuilagi
Bullemor
Fulton
Fainu (next big thing)
Fifita (next big thing)
Ben Turbo

Doesn’t brown normally play lock. Would free Jake up to play front row.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8