More NON Brooky Funding Approved.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mybludog link said:
Jono, this State Labour Gov. has been in power for so long because the Libs have been even worse.

They should have been punted long ago but there was nothing to replace them with

Totally agree Russell. As Duff says, "they are the biggest joke in Australian politics". However, that is in the past and if Kennelly gets in again I am leaving the state ;)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286845393[/time]

swoop link said:
[quote author=Jono link=topic=185735.msg302022#msg302022 date=1286837931]
We won't get anything Federally as Tony didn't get in this time...State we might get something more that the 6 million but Mike Baird and Farry O'Barrell need to win first...It has nothing to do with assclowns on the Northern Beaches as the Shire has received a lot of upgrades and that is a safe Liberal area. In addition, Kogarah and Woollongong sit in safe Labor seats.

KK is getting desperate. That is why she is putting money in. Basically they are in safe Labor seats that look like they are going to fall to the Liberals at the next state election so she is trying to save up her votes. Also, it doesn't help being in a safe Liberal seat when both governments are Labor.

Now, you will say we got nothing under Howard but remember, he is a Dragons man and couldn't give a s**t about us. We need people in power from this area and that is what we COULD have had if Tony had won, or what we can have if the Libs win in March.

Assclowns on the Northern Beaches? More like the assclowns in NSW that have kept this state Labor Government in for so long.

It doesn't matter if labor or liberal are governing, whether it's state or federal. It's a safe liberal seat. If it were a marginal seat we'd have one of the best stadiums in the nrl.
[/quote]

It has nothing to do with that Swoop as if it did Kogarah and Woollongong would have got nothing as well. They are safe Labor areas...very safe. It has to do with the fact that this area as a whole is just not liked. We will only get a brake when a local member has power...Liberal or Labor. End of story.

Jono - you are safe. Even the incompetent NSW Liberals couldn't lose this one. They look good compared to Labor.

In the end, it is not who individual politicians support that is the issue (Howard with St George, Abbott with Sydny Uni, Gillard with Footscray etc) but on the political capital that can be gained from funding the grounds.

Brookie is near safe Liberal seats, though there was a State independent member in the 70s if I remember correctly. (David Hay?)

It would only be through so much noise that it would push pollies to fund. Publicity about the inequity of the funding might help but in reality Manly is like a mosquito biting an elephant's bum, when it comes to National Policy.

Jono link said:
It has nothing to do with that Swoop as if it did Kogarah and Woollongong would have got nothing as well. They are safe Labor areas...very safe. It has to do with the fact that this area as a whole is just not liked. We will only get a brake when a local member has power...Liberal or Labor. End of story.

The St George area has always been safe Labor, but there was a big swing towards the Libs in the federal seat of Barton and if it translates into the State election (possibly magnified given the general hatred across the State for the NSW Govt) it is quite possible that the Libs could pick up a seat in the area, which would be a tremendous embarrassment for NSW Labor.  I think this is why Kogarah is getting funding.

Canteen Worker link said:
Jono - you are safe. Even the incompetent NSW Liberals couldn't lose this one. They look good compared to Labor.

In the end, it is not who individual politicians support that is the issue (Howard with St George, Abbott with Sydny Uni, Gillard with Footscray etc) but on the political capital that can be gained from funding the grounds.

Brookie is near safe Liberal seats, though there was a State independent member in the 70s if I remember correctly. (David Hay?)

It would only be through so much noise that it would push pollies to fund. Publicity about the inequity of the funding might help but in reality Manly is like a mosquito biting an elephant's bum, when it comes to National Policy.

David Hay was the last Liberal in Manly before Mike Baird won. Before that we had 2 independents in Peter McDonald and David Barr and still got nothing...even when Peter McDonald was the member for Manly and the Libs needed his vote to get in Government in 1991 (this is state btw).

Wakehurst was Labor for 1 or 2 terms in the 80's during Neville Wran's reign but that's it.

Federally the area has always been Liberal.

Good luck to Saints. Our turn will come. In the meantime, at least we are getting a more presentable ground over the next few off-seasons. Replanted playing surface, better roof structures on the stands,  a scoreboard/video screen rolled into one (from what I can gather), a revamped hill, a lift up into the Arthurson Stand, new sound system (hooray), improved power supply etc.
It's all good.

I'll tell Laurie Oakes to retire given the number of political analysts in here.  Problem is they have about as much idea as Andrew Bolt.

hey what`s happening with brookie now anyway , any locals on here had a look ??  hope they started working on the field, i dont knw why its so crap.they have a good 5months to get it in order, thats plenty of time..
does anyone even do maintence  on the ground apart from mowing  in the off season ?

jjai link said:
hey what`s happening with brookie now anyway , any locals on here had a look ??  hope they started working on the field, i dont knw why its so crap.they have a good 5months to get it in order, thats plenty of time..
does anyone even do maintence  on the ground apart from mowing  in the off season ?

I don't know about Brookie, but I can tell you that Bluetongue has had all of its turf pulled up.

jjai link said:

To date NOTHING

Yeah, there's nothing going on at the moment.
Hopefully they replace the playing surface at some stage & leave the rest alone.

It doesn't seem to bother our board what the hell do they actually do???, shouldn't they be on the governments back this has gone on long enough.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
It doesn't seem to bother our board what the hell do they actually do???, shouldn't they be on the governments back this has gone on long enough.

I'm sure they are but there is only so much you can do when we're in an area that is:

a) represented by 5 local members, all in opposition; and
b) a footy team that is not liked by anyone but Manly supporters.

As I said before, puts us in a situation where Liberals need to be in government and their leader, or people with power within government (cabinet members), has to be a Manly supporter or sympathiser.

Going marginal is a pissweak way to get money as it will mean we'll be forgotten about even more. We have got more money for Brookvale under Mike Baird as member for Manly than we ever did under the Independents. You can look that stat up Gronk and you will know I am right (starting to sound like Duff)

Going Marginal : Sounds great in theory. Here is the problem, based on the socio-economic situation on the northern beaches and the demographics of the area in general it is clear that the party that most people most closely identify with is the liberals, until that changes it goes against human nature to expect people to vote for anyone else. We can talk about the idea, and we do, every single time a discussion about Brookie funding comes up.

However it is just not realistic, and raising the idea as an argument is both naive and unproductive.

Consequence : If we are to get what we need for the oval we have to think outside the box, or wait until the Libs are in power and then push hard.

What we can do :

1. At the next election, vote in local government reps who support the club and its future viability in the area.

2. Make sure that all your local members, (Baird, Hazzard, Abbott, Bishop etc) are continually reminded that this matters to you, write to them, to the Daily, the Telegraph, the Herald, post online. In essence keep the issue fresh and at the front of the minds of these people, in the end it is likely that they will be the ones who make the decision to provide money.

3. Lobby the council for smarter solutions, get involved in all forms of community consultation on the future of the oval and respectfully drown out the neysayers. We have to be ready to think outside the box however, perhaps some kind of commercial development, some kind of function center, Pittwater rd advertising - whatever it takes.

4. Go to the games! The greater the crowd figures for the club the more push the whole funding pitch has. Becoming a member amplifiys this effect as in essence the club will then be able to boast that it can forecast your attendance at future fixtures.

Jono link said:
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=185735.msg302162#msg302162 date=1286886323]

I'm sure they are but there is only so much you can do when we're in an area that is:

As I said before, puts us in a situation where Liberals need to be in government and their leader, or people with power within government (cabinet members), has to be a Manly supporter or sympathiser.

Going marginal is a pissweak way to get money as it will mean we'll be forgotten about even more. We have got more money for Brookvale under Mike Baird as member for Manly than we ever did under the Independents. You can look that stat up Gronk and you will know I am right (starting to sound like Duff)
[/quote]

Don't drag me up to your level.

They never forget about the marginals, that's where the money goes.
You'd think with the increase in percentage of home units & the amount of industrial estates going up that there will be a demographic swing in this area at some stage.

The other point is that we don't all want the same thing. What I want compared to what others want is about 10%.

Does anybody know who put those "Save Brooky Hill" & "We want the hill, not the stand" signs up around the Broovale Park area? It wasn't me, honest. I'm way too lazy for that.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Jono link=topic=185735.msg302172#msg302172 date=1286890894]
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=185735.msg302162#msg302162 date=1286886323]

[/quote]

Don't drag me up to your level.

They never forget about the marginals, that's where the money goes.
You'd think with the increase in percentage of home units & the amount of industrial estates going up that there will be a demographic swing in this area at some stage.

The other point is that we don't all want the same thing. What I want compared to what others want is about 10%.

Does anybody know who put those "Save Brooky Hill" & "We want the hill, not the stand" signs up around the Broovale Park area? It wasn't me, honest. I'm way too lazy for that.
[/quote]

The money does not in fact go to just marginals, the parties are far smarter then that - they do studies and put it where they see demographics that show a potential winning base vote.

The Turf is being redone for next season as part of the $10m the council already has ($6m form state and $4m promised by the care taker council). Although most of that money has now been spent on repairs / renewal works and the upgrades to the seats / presidents lounge  / Change rooms.

As far as long term goes, the community consultation regarding the oval and the stake holder panel have finished their report and it has been given to council for them to review.

Basically a matter of waiting, having said that re funding the state and federal both have programs which the council can get funding through the issue is in the past the council has just asked for money without a plan at all for the oval.

This time one of the recommendations is for them to actually get a plan and apply for some of these schemes (as in the past they have not).

Not a time to panic just yet so just chill.

As far as being on the gov's back, the sea eagles have that covered and have been requesting funding for ages the council needs to step up to the plate and help out.

jjai link said:
The work has gone out to tender and most if not all, tenders have now closed. If you google 'Brookvale Oval Revitalisation' you will see references to tenders,f or various aspects of the current work package.

For example, the scoreboard is a separate tender to the works on the stands. The former tender closed on 5 Oct. The one for the stands etc. some weeks earlier. Earlier this year Council voted to spend $121k on the playing surface out of the $7m (or so) balance for works still outstanding.

You might have missed correspondence earlier in the year indicating that the Council no longer employs a full-time caretaker/groundsman for Brookvale Oval and that has been the case for at least a decade. Hence one of the reasons for the decline in the Oval's general appearance, at least with regard to the playing surface, bench seating, hill areas etc.

The annoying thing is the length of time Council seems to take in getting its act together and going out tender, forcing us to play more away games early in the following season. But there may be very good reasons for that, that you or I are not privy to.

And the other annoying thing is people who don't know how to do a bit of their own research and thus answer their own questions...

thanks  phantar, wonder why there isnt a council groundsmen  working on brookie in the off season im sure the residents get charged in their yearly rates for the up keep of brookvale oval... my question then is where is that money going?? if they are recieveing council rates from residents in that area for the general up keep of parks, ovals in the area why did they then get rid of the groundsmen....

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286947266[/time]

I`VE SAID IT 100 TIMES... warringah council needs to be audited..

Jono link said:

[/quote]

anyone who says marginal seats don't attract funds are dribbling and mean I don't read anything else. 

At the last home game against the dogs there were little paper posters up around the place with words to the effect "no stand, keep the hill" or something like that.
Anyone know anything about that ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4