Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nope Rex, Carney is in a different league when compared to Junior Junior Pearce. Pearce is a choir boy in comparison, just look at Carney's rap sheet.

December 2006
Carney is charged with mid-range drink driving and reckless driving following an incident in Goulburn. Licence suspended for 5 years.

May 2007
Carney and teammate Steve Irwin lead Canberra police on a car chase before Carney abandons the car and flees. Carney is charged with drink driving and reckless driving, failing to stop when directed by police, negligent driving and driving while disqualified. He receives a suspended jail sentence.Handed 200 hours of community service for pursuit and driving while his licence was suspended. Magistrate warns Carney he will “undoubtedly go to jail” if he commits another offence.

July 2008
Carney allegedly urinates on a patron at a Canberra pub, however the complaint is withdrawn. He is, however, stood down indefinitely. Handed a five-point rehabilitation plan with a clause that he cannot play again that season and must go on an alcohol ban until the end of 2012.

Aug 2008
While suspended by the club, allegedly evicted from Goulburn club. Has contract terminated by the Raiders, with the NRL vowing not to register a contract with another club for 2009.

February 2009
Carney damages a vehicle and receives a 12-month suspended jail sentence.

April 2009
Nude photos of Todd Carney leak online after photos appeared on a second-hand mobile phone leant to a female customer by a Telstra shop

May 2009
Carney is in an altercation outside a pub in Atherton, is arrested but later released without charge.

January 2010
Carney and a second man allegedly injure another man by deliberately setting his pants on fire. The man suffered burns to his buttocks, upper thigh and genitalia.

June 2010
Police allegedly see Jake Friend hand a pill to Carney on a Saturday night. Officers then search the pair, allegedly finding a packet of seven Valium tablets on Friend. No pills were found on Carney and he is released without charges.

February 2011
Roosters release a statement confirming Carney had been charged with low-range drink driving. The club decides to stick by him.

April 2011
Carney was found to be involved with teammate Anthony Watts when he was drinking and NRL management stand Carney down from Roosters indefinitely. He eventually returns in round 10.

August 2011
Carney, Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala break Roosters agreement to not touch alcohol for two weeks after The Daily Telegraph reveals the trio were out drinking in the eastern suburbs. All three players face disciplinary hearings.

September 2011
The Roosters release Carney from the final year of his contract.

June 2014
Carney is photographed engaging in a graphic act in the toilets of a Cronulla nightclub.
Wasn't seeking to defend Carney at all Mal. We all know Carney had a long, long rap sheet all related to alcohol, like just like Junior Junior Pearce. And your rap sheet shows that his offenses were against others up until he was 24. And then he had over 3 years where his only offenses were victimless - just his apparent addiction to alcohol - not the antisocial stuff. And even these stopped for almost three years. Then he was banned from the game for the bubbler - again victimless stuff.

Unlike Pearce who is approaching 27 and was given the responsibility as captain to lead his teammates in expected behaviour.

Maybe I missed something in the video but I do not recall seeing him disrespect women. He tried to kiss her, she appeared to kiss him back then backed away. Did he carry on like a drunken fool, sure but to me the abuse of women in this situation is a long bow to draw in my opinion.
She kissed him back? Really? She had her hands full (glass of wine in her closer hand) so didn't have any choice to push him away. He grabbed her head in both his hands, pulled her head towards him (perhaps giving you the impression that she moved in/agreed), and gave her a full-on sexual kiss. Not disrespectful you say? Well he had asked for a kiss and she said loudly and clearly "no I'm a lesbian". But he did it anyway in full knowledge of what she had said.

If you can't empathise with what that's like, imagine it's you. And some muscled gay guy asks for a kiss in your home, you say no I'm heterosexual and he grabs your head and gives you a full-on sexual kiss which you can't stop because your hands are full. Then when you pull away from him, he grabs your dog and says “I’ll f*** that dog, I don’t give a f***, I don’t have a sexuality” - which is exactly what Pearce said. Get it? Or if a dog means nothing to you, imagine it's your kid that he does it to. And then after pissing on your carpet/lounge, imagine he grabs the kid/dog and repeatedly does his humping actions on it despite your repeated loud protests, and your grabbing of your kid/dog to protect it. Then you tell the gay guy to get out - maybe ten times - and each time he ignores you, mocks you, and continues the humping actions.

Would you consider that disrespectful Garts?

That Pearce's actions seem normal for a drunk guy shows just how much of an alcohol problem we have.

As an aside most of the stories reference the players being given cab charges to get home

Are these sort of payments part of the cap? Or are they part of the roosters brown bag allocation ?

As an aside most of the stories reference the players being given cab charges to get home

Are these sort of payments part of the cap? Or are they part of the roosters brown bag allocation ?
That is a very good point, can't these blokes afford a cab?

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
That Pearce's actions seem normal for a drunk guy shows just how much of an alcohol problem we have.
"One in seven patients entering hospital emergency departments on Australia Day were there because of alcohol-related harm, research by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine has found.

The largest snapshot survey of its kind undertaken in Australia and the first to investigate the relationship between alcohol-related harm and Australia Day, it found that as of 11pm on Tuesday, 15% of patients across 100 emergency departments were there because of alcohol."

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...l-related-–-survey/ar-BBoNUaq?ocid=spartandhp

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
For those defending Pearce, he signed a contract saying he would not bring his club or the NRL into disrepute and he has done exactly that and not for the first time. For those who say it was a bit of harmless fun, there is a growing chorus of experts who say that he was being intimidating and at best disrespectful towards the woman and that even the dog act was aimed at her. For those who say we've all had similar drunken escapades, I say I know we have, but we rightly had no expectation of public exposure for being a d1ckhead but Pearce did or at least should have and still after all of that he couldn't control himself..........again.

My strong suspicion here is that those defending him are Qlders desperate to keep him in the NSW SOO team.

She kissed him back? Really? She had her hands full (glass of wine in her closer hand) so didn't have any choice to push him away. He grabbed her head in both his hands, pulled her head towards him (perhaps giving you the impression that she moved in/agreed), and gave her a full-on sexual kiss. Not disrespectful you say? Well he had asked for a kiss and she said loudly and clearly "no I'm a lesbian". But he did it anyway in full knowledge of what she had said.

If you can't empathise with what that's like, imagine it's you. And some muscled gay guy asks for a kiss in your home, you say no I'm heterosexual and he grabs your head and gives you a full-on sexual kiss which you can't stop because your hands are full. Then when you pull away from him, he grabs your dog and says “I’ll f*** that dog, I don’t give a f***, I don’t have a sexuality” - which is exactly what Pearce said. Get it? Or if a dog means nothing to you, imagine it's your kid that he does it to. And then after pissing on your carpet/lounge, imagine he grabs the kid/dog and repeatedly does his humping actions on it despite your repeated loud protests, and your grabbing of your kid/dog to protect it. Then you tell the gay guy to get out - maybe ten times - and each time he ignores you, mocks you, and continues the humping actions.

Would you consider that disrespectful Garts?

I have watched again and still do not see him forcing himself on her. He had a crack, she rejected him he moved on. Albeit to the dog, haha. He did not continue trying it on with her. Quite a few in the office, both male and female saw it the same as me. Yet some also disagreed. Like we will have too. Look, I agree he was a dickhead and booze is the issue but I just do not see it as a clear cut case of him disrespecting women. Also the whole pissing his pants thing I bet is a load of crap. Either way he deserves a nice fine and holiday.

image.png

No defence, he acted inappropriately, is a repeat offender and has been caught on video doing so on more than one occasion. He should be stood down and cop a decent fine also. Being drunk is not a defence so hopefully he gets some help.

And what emplyer gives out cab charges these days for their employees to get home after a work function? Probably if you work in a bank but not many other places I would suggest

Most employers would say get your own way home on the 32 seater chauffer driven blue mercedes or pay for your own cab.

NRL players are too pampered and have no idea of what happens in the real world

It is what it is - unacceptable and grubby behavior by the captain of one of our NRL teams. He should not be permitted to return to the game until he gets treatment and is rehabilitated as he must have a serious problem with binge drinking. He was on notice after his last indiscretion. The NRL need to impose a penalty that will provide real deterrence otherwise what little credibility it has left will be gone!

And what emplyer gives out cab charges these days for their employees to get home after a work function? Probably if you work in a bank but not many other places I would suggest

Most employers would say get your own way home on the 32 seater chauffer driven blue mercedes or pay for your own cab.

NRL players are too pampered and have no idea of what happens in the real world
Yes banks do but so do many other companies/industries. It's a duty of care responsibility.

The Day After-
I know when I was young, the Bundy Bear would get in my ear & suggest I do something silly, which at the time seemed like a great idea.
Of course, the Bear was no where to be seen at sunrise.
So, Imagine Pearce, being as blind as a Goat's arse that night, I doubt there'd be enough brain cells on duty the next day to recall much.
Then, the phone calls, turn on the TV....well, bugger me...

I have watched again and still do not see him forcing himself on her. He had a crack, she rejected him he moved on.
Except he "had a crack" AFTER she rejected him. She'd already said no I'm a lesbian. He gave her no choice - the kiss was in no way a consensual act - and she got away from him as soon as she could. How do you reject someone's advances in a socially acceptable way other than what she did?

The biggest warning sign for women of future abuse is controlling behaviour. Pearce exhibits controlling behaviour in spades (at least when drunk).

He forced his kiss onto her knowing she didn't want it. Did he think the power of his kiss was going to somehow turn her straight? Controlling behaviour. Then as revenge for being rejected he picked up her dog to hump it. He clearly linked it to her sexuality-based rejection in what he said. Controlling behaviour. She grabbed the dog and put it down telling him to stop it. He did it again. Controlling behaviour. She asked him if he had peed on her stuff. He ignored her question and then sat on her lounge in his pee filled shorts. Controlling behaviour. She told him to get out. She had to broken record it for an eternity because he kept ignoring her instructions (acting as if he owned the place) and was egged on to continue the humping actions by his dickhead mate. Controlling behaviour. Controlling behaviour is abuse.

Can you see the pattern?

Garts, you haven't answered how you would have felt about being treated in exactly the same way by a muscled gay guy? Too hard a question?

In a nutshell, he has a massive ego that does not accept rejection - the alcohol is no excuse as his true self came to the party & is simply an escape from doing wrong - not his fault - the alcohol made him do it....Yes most here are not angels, but Pearce has continued a path that has already threatened his career & put his team & corporate sponsors in an unfair situation - most here would be sacked for doing that to our employers & letting our team without question.
He displayed the exact image the NRL has been trying to stamp out - drunk, obscene, arrogant, pushy behaviour & you can bet if it was not an NRL pinup boy, his contract would already be confetti....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8