Michael Maguire update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
of cause he was, he knows now that everybody know's for sure that he can't coach.....IMPOSTER..!!View attachment 9088
He is not an imposter or a bad person . From all reports, players, coaching staff and officials he has proven to be good bloke .
Unfortunately there is no sentiment in the hard line professional sport and it is all about results and he has proven to be an ordinary coach . Look at our position on the ladder . Look at the way our team has been playing . The proof as they say is in the pudding.
He has brought himself, our players and our supporters all to tears .
I have heard of blood sweat and tears but the Manly tears are just tears of despair and helplessness

Maybe go all out for a left field replacement > Kevvie Walters with Cliffy & Menzies as assistants!
I've said this before and i'll say it again. I don't think TBaz is a bad coach. I just don't think he is the coach capable of getting us back up the ladder. He needed to be promoted from assistant in his first coaching gig. He should have stayed at the Panthers. I don't think he is capable of attracting players and i don't think he is capable of building the club from the ground up with his own systems.

Kev could attract the players and build the place and so could Madge.

Maguire is a solid coach who can make a good forward pack - great....
That is a platform to far more improved results off the bat.
Barrett is a decent knowledge of modern footy, but not the coach that players will run through brick walls for....the best coaches imo, have the players feeling they have let that they have let that coach down and can hardly make eye contact after under performing....these coaches with the ability to have players give 100% regardless of their ability, are the best.

Ivan Cleary is our Man!
I might cop some hate for this but, Cleary's past results show that he is most likely not the man.
I hate to sound like @BOZO but we really need someone who understands what a winning culture looks like (or someone with nothing to lose who can dictate to management and the playing group how things should be - ain't going to happen). 10 years of mediocre coaching probably won't make you a better coach it will just make you more likely to accept mediocrity. Personally I would much prefer us to start looking for those involved in successful and innovative clubs (*note Trent was at a mediocre club before coming to us) rather than existing coaches who are simply after another gig. O'Brien has been flagged as Bellamy's successor but there must be others out there. The other issue is the influence over the coaching and playing group by owner/management, we really need someone who can tell the management side off the business to look after the books (properly) and stay the f away from anything team related - sadly I can't picture this happening.

Maguire is a solid coach who can make a good forward pack - great....
That is a platform to far more improved results off the bat.
Barrett is a decent knowledge of modern footy, but not the coach that players will run through brick walls for....the best coaches imo, have the players feeling they have let that they have let that coach down and can hardly make eye contact after under performing....these coaches with the ability to have players give 100% regardless of their ability, are the best.
Tommy Raudonikis? Imagine the Hill all chanting "Cattledog! Cattledog!"
Now that would be worth getting along to Brookie for.

Barrett's problems started because when things go well he takes the boys out for a beer.

When in reality things should be going great because you're paid half a mil a year.

Can't be a best mate and a coach I reckon.
Thats it mate , there's no friends in business.

... are we talking about the bloke Souff's sacked and no Souff's player has a good thing to say about .....

I might cop some hate for this but, Cleary's past results show that he is most likely not the man.
I hate to sound like @BOZO but we really need someone who understands what a winning culture looks like (or someone with nothing to lose who can dictate to management and the playing group how things should be - ain't going to happen). 10 years of mediocre coaching probably won't make you a better coach it will just make you more likely to accept mediocrity. Personally I would much prefer us to start looking for those involved in successful and innovative clubs (*note Trent was at a mediocre club before coming to us) rather than existing coaches who are simply after another gig. O'Brien has been flagged as Bellamy's successor but there must be others out there. The other issue is the influence over the coaching and playing group by owner/management, we really need someone who can tell the management side off the business to look after the books (properly) and stay the f away from anything team related - sadly I can't picture this happening.
A lot of Magnificent points made by MuzztheEagle .

Sorry but have to disagree. Cleary's first taste of coaching saw him win the reserve grade title at Sydney City 2004. He then took over a dysfunctional Auckland side in mid 2005 and got them to 11th. In '06 they were 10th. In '07 they were 4th. '08 they were 8th, '09 fell to 15th but in '10 they were 5th and in '11 they played Manly in the Grand final. He then took over near the end of the season in '12 Penrith . They finished 15th that year 10th in '13, 4th in '14 (Cleary was named coach of the year), slipped to 11th in '15 but 6th in '16. So he's taken two teams on the slide into the finals 6 out of 11 occasions. At Wests, his team this year with the loss of top personnel were expected to be competing for the spoon. They are 9th. Cleary hasnt had the personnel of Bennett, Madge, Bellamy or Robinson, or for that matter Hasler when he was at Manly. He's taken on the hard cases and has made each team seriously competitive. Imagine with some serious talent what he could do. He's a good coach Muzz, and he's a Manly junior.

Sorry but have to disagree. Cleary's first taste of coaching saw him win the reserve grade title at Sydney City 2004. He then took over a dysfunctional Auckland side in mid 2005 and got them to 11th. In '06 they were 10th. In '07 they were 4th. '08 they were 8th, '09 fell to 15th but in '10 they were 5th and in '11 they played Manly in the Grand final. He then took over near the end of the season in '12 Penrith . They finished 15th that year 10th in '13, 4th in '14 (Cleary was named coach of the year), slipped to 11th in '15 but 6th in '16. So he's taken two teams on the slide into the finals 6 out of 11 occasions. At Wests, his team this year with the loss of top personnel were expected to be competing for the spoon. They are 9th. Cleary hasnt had the personnel of Bennett, Madge, Bellamy or Robinson, or for that matter Hasler when he was at Manly. He's taken on the hard cases and has made each team seriously competitive. Imagine with some serious talent what he could do. He's a good coach Muzz, and he's a Manly junior.
Not saying he is a bad coach, I think he would be a huge improvement on Barrett. I just can't see him being the messiah many on here believe he could be. He has been successful in taking basket cases and making them acceptable again, in that sense he would be a great sight to see at Manly right now. But a premiership or another golden age? I'm not convinced. My main point is this: If he, or whoever we do replace Barrett with, comes to Manly to do what they have done everywhere else as just another coaching gig then we will improve, but most likely not return to our past dominance. If he or another comes to the club determined to restore the Manly of old or to prove themselves and is willing to take their commitment all the way with the current owners then we have a chance, but, right now, I can't see this in Cleary.

Those first years read a lot like Barrett but managing 1 extra year at 8th before the slide

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11