Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Fair enough if Barrett wants Api to be the new 80 minute hooker, but surely you can do worse than Ballin for a replacement? Why did we sign Purcell if we have one of the toughest and most respected players running around in NSW Cup?

I remember the Dragons had Fein as no.1 hooker at the club in 2010, and he broke his ankle in the first round...luckily, Luke Priddis was in reserves and stepped up to help them win the minor premiership before Fein's eventual return a few weeks out from the finals. I don't know why we be hell bent on cutting this guy?!

tookey

First Grader
I would have thought that ballin has earned the right to at least be spoken to by the new coach to discuss his future plans rather than be told by the "recruitment committee" whoever they are that he is no longer wanted.

Ballin deserves some respect from the club

Peter C

Bencher
Matty is taking it to the RLPA as he signed, was registered and the machinations of the Board are not his problem :mad:

Manly can pay him out as he already said that NSW Cup is fine by him. If someone looked at his work /study/family schedule, they would not be able to fit it all into 24 hours @:cool:

Pathetic media assault now directed towards Matty.
Next we will get the Arko story on how a player gets complacent after 5 years at a Club - like the one he so patronizingly issued about 2v a few weeks ago @:mad:

Indeed, he has a contract for another two years, whether he plays NRL or NSW Cup is irrelevant, Manly still has to pay him, unless he get's a much higher offer from the English Super League, as I can't see what other NRL club he could go to.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Indeed, he has a contract for another two years, whether he plays NRL or NSW Cup is irrelevant, Manly still has to pay him, unless he get's a much higher offer from the English Super League, as I can't see what other NRL club he could go to.

Matty may have only one season left in his contract . according to a article in the SMH it states that he has to play a certain amount of games
Can't believe they are treating Matt like this after the G Stewart drama
One thing for certain if they do put him Nsw cup next season he will be pushing all the way to get back in 1st Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...the-club-to-stick-by-him-20150805-gis4bq.html

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sterlo Show had Cam Smith lauding Matty.
:clap:
Singing his work ethics and questioning his potential release, the fact that Matty deputized for him at SOO, that he is a great person :)

This week we had a guy ride a dirt bike on the Teahupoo Waves, and now this - week of wonders :giggle:

Jerry1

First Grader
You sign a 2 year deal - If they don't want you hell they just have to pay you..
Tuff **** penny boy.. Same as wolfie.. Suck it up & take the coin you are owed..
Stuff em...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Very few Manly legends down through the decades get to leave on their own terms. He has a contract, which is great, and if he wants to stay and fight for his position I wish him all the best. He is a person capable of changing others' minds, so I wouldn't put it past him to persuade Barrett. Meanwhile its only a plus to have him around the joint, he won't be white-anting anyone.

JenEagle

Bencher
I feel terrible about this. It is non manly like to treat one of our greatest players like this. He has signed a contract. End of story.

He didn't play well at the start of the year. He played the way he always has and defended like a maniac like always. But that's no longer enough from a dummy half now days. Luke Friend Granville Smith. They're not dummy halfs like ten years ago. The game has changed.

That's not MB's fault. He has been outstanding for us. And in the past month has played beautifully 3/4 games. He deserves better.

He is quite possibly the best human in the game. A workaholic fitness fanatic. Son of a school teacher/principal from rural Queensland. A gentleman and and a family man. An origin player and a dual premiership winner. He deserves more than we are giving him more than this treatment.

But the game has changed. It's for massive explosive Polynesians now. And blokes like Gary Larson, Brad Clyde, Dallas Johnston, Billy Moore, Matt Ballin are overlooked because the game has gone to **** and they want to make it easier for all the blokes with the superstar ability to succeed at the expense of the blokes with heart.

Used to be you needed both.

I'm out.

Get in the sea NRL.

8 interchanges? FMD! Here comes the head bin for anyone needing a spell.

I'm out out.

JenEagle

Bencher
Far out. I can't believe we would let Matty Ballin go to the Rabbitohs. Please no. Haven't we learnt our lesson with gift

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
That would be ironic wouldn't it? Claiming Toovey had to go in part because he didn't re-sign a ZtH favourite, only to let Ballin leave for the same club.

We'll just have to wait and see.

It might have just coincided with the wins-losses.. But Ballin has been a totally different player since his position has been challenged..Really stepping up and showing he wants to stay there.

Spot on. Hodges helped him out a bit there for a few weeks and then he was really disappointing against the cows but each game since then he has been outstanding and really mixing it up as well.

I think another factor helping him though is our forwards aren't running one out and alone anymore. They are using skill rather than size to get over the advantage line and its a chicken and egg relationship allowing MB to get more space to make more metres on the next play.

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
I thought MB was superb tonight, his service was great and is starting to get some quick movement around the ruck. Would hate to see if the below happens!

@ReadingThePlay: My mail is Matt Ballin strong chance now to be at Rabbits next yr. #NRL
Always wonder where the stories come from. I am sure this came out of the Burrow when someone suggested that Souths should get Ballin for one season to help the two young hookers. He was howled down by the rest of the forum.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
He has definitely been a lot more vocal out there, really barking at the forwards and directing them where to run, and his delivery to DCE and Foran has been a lot more crisp (obviously coinciding with the forwards go forward meters)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13