Matai and Stewart

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I forget...

Do we believe their injuries are a 'one off' or do we accept that they've had problems for years and battled through it?

I forget...

Do we believe their injuries are a 'one off' or do we accept that they've had problems for years and battled through it?
Last year a Knights player was allowed to retire early due to successive concussions. If he didn't have previous concussions, then the last one would not have triggered his retirement.@:cool:

All injuries (apart from illegal play like Alex's broken kneck) are the result of multiple injuries weakening the body.

It's just an NRL subjective ruling that will come back, via a court case, to bite them :cool:

Basically the NRL want Matai to risk becoming paralyzed @:mad:

Snake's diabetes results in a multitude of healing problems. So does the NRL want him to sustain more long term disabilities just to force their subjective early retirement stance ? @:mad:

Scott just extended at the Cows for 2 years. He has a history of neck and knee problems, yet the NRL registered the contract. What are the odds that he plays through?

I forget...

We are running the Choc defence - they both slipped at training and injured themselves on a part of their bodies that was never injured before,....ever. No seriously, never ever.

Last year a Knights player was allowed to retire early due to successive concussions. If he didn't have previous concussions, then the last one would not have triggered his retirement.@:cool:

All injuries (apart from illegal play like Alex's broken kneck) are the result of multiple injuries weakening the body.

It's just an NRL subjective ruling that will come back, via a court case, to bite them :cool:

Basically the NRL want Matai to risk becoming paralyzed @:mad:

Snake's diabetes results in a multitude of healing problems. So does the NRL want him to sustain more long term disabilities just to force their subjective early retirement stance ? @:mad:

Scott just extended at the Cows for 2 years. He has a history of neck and knee problems, yet the NRL registered the contract. What are the odds that he plays through?
Exactly. The NRL rule is ridiculous. Concussion is a cumulative injury. You are forced to retire because you've suffered one too many head knocks. Same with most other injuries. The NRL administration is pathetic!

The weird thing about Choc's 'new' injury last year is that right up until the point where they got caught cheating the salary cap, he was still actually a chance to be back playing at some point, according to reports. Then they were caught over the cap and suddenly it was a career threatening injury where he had to be retired.

IMO Arthur and doesn't-matta threw Choc under the bus and the NRL in their desire to win the western Sydney turf war let them get away with it.

Funny how an independent insurance company has called BS on it though.....

Read between the lines guys. Do you think it's any coincidence that the playing group is so much tighter this year now that they're not around.
Yep I think club management don't want them around the squad. If that is the case it's a really sad end for two of our one club legends.

Heard on Triple M last night that the thing that is holding up Skivvi's claim for medical retirement is that no one from the club can get in contact with him to organise for him to go and see an independent doctor for assessment. Seems he has just fully cut ties with the club and has moved on to the point of no one knowing where he is. Seems incredible if true, and a little bit sad - this guy was a warrior for Manly over a lot of years and I would have loved for him to stay involved somehow.

Heard on Triple M last night that the thing that is holding up Skivvi's claim for medical retirement is that no one from the club can get in contact with him to organise for him to go and see an independent doctor for assessment. Seems he has just fully cut ties with the club and has moved on to the point of no one knowing where he is. Seems incredible if true, and a little bit sad - this guy was a warrior for Manly over a lot of years and I would have loved for him to stay involved somehow.

That would be BS, as an employee on pay or contract he has an obligation to attend work as required and if unable to, to attend medical assessment at the call of the employer when and where. Failure to do so would result in non payment of any monies owed or outstanding wages yet to be paid. My assumption is that he's still getting paid (as he is not making any media complaints) and therefore meeting the employers wishes. Manly would not have paid in full his contracted fees up front for the year, or I would hope as that would amount to gross financial incompetence!

This is only what I have heard / read so don't take it as gospel.

Apparently one of the reasons Snake seems to have the $hits with the club is because after his 'demotion' late last year he felt that certain behind the scenes people who he thought were friends and supporters turned their backs on him once it became obvious that he was no longer the numero uno. He doesn't harbour any resentment to Tom for taking his spot because he knew it would happen at some point, but he does feel slighted by others. He genuinely thought that he still had more to give as a player and feels let down about the way its all ended.

Make of that what you will.

I'll preface this by saying he's one of my favorites for a multitude of reasons and Tom will never truly replace him as he can't catch nearly as good

But come on he played like a chode last year, he ran with the gusto of a grandmother carrying 2 30 packs of coke and had around the same speed

He was lucky to not come from the bench of reserve grade

Heard on Triple M last night that the thing that is holding up Skivvi's claim for medical retirement is that no one from the club can get in contact with him to organise for him to go and see an independent doctor for assessment.

I don't think this would be true and if it is wouldn't he be getting paid monthly or something.
A office error not paying him on his next payment he would be in contact within a few days. Yeah sorry mate money will be in your account tonight, by the way whats your contact details as we need you to go to the doctor so we can pay you out in a lump sum.

Fake News :exclamation:

Manly knows his family, his Manager and anyone in NZ could lead them to his parents house.

Matai needs to be respected and helped in case he fell into a depression @:worried:

Fake News :exclamation:

Manly knows his family, his Manager and anyone in NZ could lead them to his parents house.

Matai needs to be respected and helped in case he fell into a depression @:worried:
And he is no doubt still getting paid every month but manly

And he is no doubt still getting paid every month but manly
Well the payments would be electronic and not require turning up at the Club.

But Skivi's disabled brother would have his parents and extended family fairly settled. Manly could easily get someone to ask them to pass on the requirement of a medical assessment.@:cool:

This fiasco started this time last year when Skivi stopped playing :cool:

That's bs with technology today you can find anyone not to mention I am sure there are plenty of past and current players that are still in contact with him!

It was Brent Read from memory and I can't remember the exact words but something along the lines of they "can't get in contact with him". Doesn't seem plausible I agree, unless Skivvi is actively not returning attempts to contact him. Maybe they already paid out his contract for this year and he is owed nothing and has moved on. I seem to recall he was going to move to the Gold Coast for family reasons wasn't he ? Anyway just passing on what was said - if anyone is on twitter they can tweet him and ask him (Read) to confirm

Sweet, better get him to that independent doctor then for that medical clearance. Still have time before June 30 to use his funds if we can free them up.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12