Matai and Stewart

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I suppose it's hard to comprehend these two champions holding such contempt towards the administration and club, but if there is more to the thought that they're showing a sinister approach then jokes on them.. they played their last games with a green blob on their jerseys @:p
I bet they would have preferred images of their last playing days to show the beautiful new jerseys the boy get to enjoy and appear in for 2017.
Maybe that's another reason the current playing group look happier and have a higher moral ;)
But seriously.. that green blob would have been my last straw too :D

yep, there is a lot of unknowns here.

Some people are jumping that far to conclusions they could win gold at the olympics

We don't know all of the circumstances so I won't judge them poorly. Maybe the club has asked them to make themselves scarce so as to complete a new beginning.

No we don't, but the fact remains the are getting circa 1.4 million a year and are completely absent....surely the club could use them even in an off field role, wining and dining the corporate guests.

Sorry but my opinion isn't changed, they should at least be doing SOMETHING for that amount of dosh!!

No we don't, but the fact remains the are getting circa 1.4 million a year and are completely absent....surely the club could use them even in an off field role, wining and dining the corporate guests.

Sorry but my opinion isn't changed, they should at least be doing SOMETHING for that amount of dosh!!
Could not agree more. Coaching clinics out west with young players, charity events, corporate functions, anything.

Rightly or wrongly this just leaves a sour taste in a lot of fans mouths.

A lot of people complain how 'oh it's just a business these days...wah.' when players seemingly get shafted, but here is an example with brett having totally mentally bought out of the place.

He is far too busy posting updates about some new restaurant he's involved with to remember how the club stood by him in 'that case' and the fans that have stood by him for 10 years plus.

His petulance seems to be taking on Foran like proportions.

Dunno about Steve though, surprised about his absence to be honest. But if it's helping team harmony, stay away, but I'm disappointed all the same.

^ Like Ralphie, I'm guessing the club has asked them to keep a low profile and a bit of distance until their cases are decided by the NRL. And I'm sure I read an article somewhere (probably the "Daily") about Matai taking up work with the club as an education ambassador, so I doubt he's trying to make some sort of "anti_manly" statement.

To be honest I doubt the whole "big farewell at Brookie" will ever take place now, Brett has clearly (totally) moved on, all his Twitter feed is about is the Japanese Restaurant, although I know that's only social media and social media doesn't maketh the man!!@

And Skivvy, well that surprises me a bit as well, I have no doubt if he wasn't rooted he'd be back out there again this year, but if that's the case then at least turn up and show you are supporting the cause.

Overall I'm really disappointed in both BUT agree I don't know the full story!!

I'm being completely serious when I say I'm pissed off with them.

They are paid employees of our club and are totally missing in action, that IMO ain't good enough!!
I agree Mark. When I read that Brian Kelly hadn't met Steve at the start of the season, I was gobsmacked. Surely his presence at training occasionally would lift the young newbies and he could help so much with their development. If you can't train, you can still do something for your salary.

If it is true that neither Snake or Steve have shown up to any of our games, then I am very disappointed that these legends of club are going out this way. And I say this with Matai only second to Wombat as my favourite player.

I agree Mark. When I read that Brian Kelly hadn't met Steve at the start of the season, I was gobsmacked. Surely his presence at training occasionally would lift the young newbies and he could help so much with their development. If you can't train, you can still do something for your salary.

If it is true that neither Snake or Steve have shown up to any of our games, then I am very disappointed that these legends of club are going out this way. And I say this with Matai only second to Wombat as my favourite player.

It hurts me to say it, but I'm 100% with you BUT I do qualify that by saying we don't know the complete story, perhaps they've been instructed to stay away!!

It hurts me to say it, but I'm 100% with you BUT I do qualify that by saying we don't know the complete story, perhaps they've been instructed to stay away!!
Yes, we don't know the full story and I am hoping that there is a directive by the club for them to stay away. Doesn't make any sense though as it shouldn't make any difference to the medical exemption claims. If their absence is to help team harmony, then that is really sad.

Yes, not having Stewart and Matai has had a massive impact on TT and Kelly's development (not). Don't give them so much credit. If they want to act like this, who gives a crap. It is only Stewart and Matai who will regret it in the future. Look at Watmough. He doesn't really belong at any club these days. Does it hurt the club? Not really. Life goes on. I am kinda glad the 'clique' have all pissed off now. Toovey's treatment still grates on me though.

Yes, not having Stewart and Matai has had a massive impact on TT and Kelly's development (not). Don't give them so much credit. If they want to act like this, who gives a crap. It is only Stewart and Matai who will regret it in the future. Look at Watmough. He doesn't really belong at any club these days. Does it hurt the club? Not really. Life goes on. I am kinda glad the 'clique' have all pissed off now. Toovey's treatment still grates on me though.
Haha - yes, it hasn't hurt their development based on the way they are playing at the moment. But, if all was harmonious and Steve and Brett were there as mentors, you couldn't dispute that they should be even better.

I'm being completely serious when I say I'm pissed off with them.

They are paid employees of our club and are totally missing in action, that IMO ain't good enough!!
That's a bit harsh Mark. Manly are paying Snake to run a restaurant in Melbourne. It's very demanding running an eatery. Brett's knees are so far holding up okay. However I hear he wants the club to foot the bill for a physio. The cold weather is causing havoc to his joints.

That's a bit harsh Mark. Manly are paying Snake to run a restaurant in Melbourne. It's very demanding running an eatery. Brett's knees are so far holding up okay. However I hear he wants the club to foot the bill for a physio. The cold weather is causing havoc to his joints.

About bloody right you'd have to say!!

Gardeners leave for sure

Someone has made the call that their presence is not required - maybe Trent - maybe Penn - maybe the players or maybe Steve and Brett themselves

Either way I am not sure that turning up and hanging around games or training will benefit the team in any way now

If anyone could assist you would think killer could but he is absent also

Our players now have a new set of leaders that they have bought into and bringing back Stewart and skivie has more potential to detract rather than enhance

Our centre pairing and spine are confident young men who have to carve their own combinations and whose memories would only be for the last 2 years and not go back to the heyday years like we do

Sadly, Keep them away for mine we don't need any hint of negativity around our team now as we move into a new era

Gardeners leave for sure

Someone has made the call that their presence is not required - maybe Trent - maybe Penn - maybe the players or maybe Steve and Brett themselves

Either way I am not sure that turning up and hanging around games or training will benefit the team in any way now

If anyone could assist you would think killer could but he is absent also

Our players now have a new set of leaders that they have bought into and bringing back Stewart and skivie has more potential to detract rather than enhance

Our centre pairing and spine are confident young men who have to carve their own combinations and whose memories would only be for the last 2 years and not go back to the heyday years like we do

Sadly, Keep them away for mine we don't need any hint of negativity around our team now as we move into a new era

One small difference , we aren't paying Jamie $700k a year!!

But I get your point.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10